Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Please sign this anti-rape petition - Page 3

Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Anyway, yesterday the signatures were 62 thousand, not even 24 hours and its 67000 something already. Its so good to see so many supporting her! I hope she will find some peace in this fact alone after she survives this horrific trauma. 😒

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
^Exactly,and recent reports about her health say that she is not on ventilator and is breathing on her own,she was fed water and apple juice,and she is quite optimistic about her health and psychologiclly not showing grief or sadness,what a brave girl I say..👏
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Most welcome Dex! She is still in critical condition but doctors are saying she is a fighter and in no mood to give up. She has tried to communicate in whatever way possible constantly since the minute the incident happened with her. I do believe she will survive. She's in everyone's thoughts and prayers.
Yes, there is a huge uproar in India and people are constantly out on the roads so I think government is getting a good hint that they aren't getting away easily this time. Hopefully this "rarest of rare" will turn into death penalty in every case.
Supari_khala thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
This content was originally posted by: Wave.

^Exactly,and recent reports about her health say that she is not on ventilator and is breathing on her own,she was fed water and apple juice,and she is quite optimistic about her health and psychologiclly not showing grief or sadness,what a brave girl I say..👏

That is so good to hear! What a brave, strong girl indeed!👏 I hope she becomes stronger with each passing day and completes her medical degree with flying colors! She is an inspiration to so many for hanging in there and fighting for her life! Those brutal, coward assholes have nothing on her! 😡
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Dexterkilaila

That is so good to hear! What a brave, strong girl indeed!👏 I hope she becomes stronger with each passing day and completes her medical degree with flying colors! She is an inspiration to so many for hanging in there and fighting for her life! Those brutal, coward assholes have nothing on her! 😡

Seriously..kudos to this girl..even the ehalth ministry has announced that they will take care that she gets the best medical treatment..

@Akanksha

Seriously there is good response coming everywhere..we took out a rally from our colg today..and many outher med colgs and outher colgs too are doing that..and these are getting support..people like these assholes need to see..that such acts arent going to be taken lightly..I hope these bas***ds get punishment as soon as possi..and such merciless punishment..that it wud set an example

anku- thumbnail
Delhi gang rape victim records 'fearless and bold' statement before SDM
22 Dec, 2012, 1834 hrs IST, PTI

NEW DELHI: As she continues to battle for her life, the 23-year-old gang rape victim has given a "fearless and bold" statement before a magistrate about the brutal assault on Sunday night and wants her tormentors to be swiftly brought to justice.

The statement was recorded before a Sub-Divisional Magistrate by the girl yesterday at the Intensive Care Unit of the Safdarjung Hospital where she has been undergoing number of surgeries and medication since her admission there on Sunday night.

Delhi Police said the girl's statement corroborates with the version of her male friend who was also assaulted brutally by six men inside a moving bus on Sunday last.

"We are continuously in touch with her parents. She is stable and she got her statement recorded in the presence of a Sub-Divisional Magistrate. She has given a fearless and bold statement. It corroborates with what her male friend has told us," Chhaya Sharma, Deputy Commissioner of Police, South, said.

She said the statement would be of "extremely valuable" to the police who are pursing the case.

About the condition of the girl, Sharma said she is eager that justice is "meted out" to those people.

"In fact, she was so enthusiastic that she wanted to talk to me. But I told her that she has to talk to another person (SDM)," the police official said.

The girl has started speaking to doctors since yesterday and is now breathing on her own without the support of ventilator.

About the arrest of the two persons involved in the case, Sharma said the police team had done a "painstaking, meticulous and awesome" job when it came to picking up the remaining two accused.

Sharma said the juvenile Raju, name changed, is a vagabond who has been out of his home for the past few years and had been in the bus on the fateful day and even shouted to the girl and the boy asking them to board the vehicle. 

The police also recovered the victim's mobile phone from Raju. 

"It was a completely blind case. We did not have even his photo, neither does he carry a mobile phone. But all we knew was that he was a cleaner and he was very good at soliciting customers. He could shout very well," Sharma said. 

She said Raju was caught from Anand Vihar Bus Terminus after they caught 10 people in his name and interrogated them. 

Raju left his home five years back and had never communicated with his parents and he is a "wavering" character. 

He had worked in dhabas, tea shops as well as in buses as cleaner and his previous employers helped police in arresting him. 

To a question, the police official said the juvenile could be the one who asked the couple to get into the bus. 

Another accused Akshay Kumar Singh was arrested from Aurangabad yesterday after five days of searches. Sharma said police teams went to six states, inlcuding Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Rajasthan, in search of Singh and he was finally arrested from Bihar yesterday.
anku- thumbnail
@Wave: Yes, it's the rage shown by the nation together which has helped. I went to India Gate today and as far as I could see, I saw only people and more people. I came bck a little while ago. Latest update from there:-

India police fire water cannon at Delhi rape protesters
1 hour ago

Police fired water cannon, as well as tear gas, after protesters tried to break through barricades to march on the presidential palace in central Delhi
Indian police have used tear gas and water cannons to keep back thousands of protesters marching in Delhi over the brutal gang rape of a young woman.

Violence broke out as the protesters, mainly college students, tried to break through police barricades to march on the presidential palace.

There has been outrage in India over the attack on a bus last Sunday that has left the 23-year-old woman in a critical condition in hospital.

Six people have been arrested.

The government has tried to halt the rising anger over the attack by announcing a series of measures intended to make Delhi safer for women.

They include more police night patrols, checks on bus drivers and their assistants and the banning of buses with tinted windows or curtains.

'Sips of water'

But the protesters say the government's pledge to seek life sentences for the attackers is not enough - many are calling for the death penalty.

Some carried placards reading "Hang the Rapists" and "Save women. Save India" as they marched on Saturday.

Junior home minister RPN Singh appealed for calm after the clashes broke out. "This is not a way to protest," he told India's CNN-IBN television. "Trying to storm buildings and breaking barricades is not a way to start a dialogue."

The woman and her friend had been to watch a film when they boarded the bus in the Munirka area intending to travel to Dwarka in south-west Delhi.

Police said she was raped for nearly an hour, both she and her companion were beaten with iron rods and thrown out of the moving bus into a Delhi street.

Doctors said on Saturday that the woman remained in a critical but stable condition, but had been removed from a ventilator.

"She is doing much better than yesterday," said BD Athani, superintendent of Safdarjung Hospital.
Kya.Bolta.Tu thumbnail
It is commendable what police is doing but sadly this is also true that this cae hadnt seen the light od the day had they dropped her in some lonely area or something..such speedy trials should be done for all the cases..what about fast track courts and all..is govt considering all this?..

No matter how much security is der..but then what about the mentality of these people..will that change?..IDK about that..but then if there is some cruel punishment then atleast there will be fear ..i badly want a very cruel capital punishment..like seriously
Edited by Wave. - 11 years ago
as far as she is critical and not out of danger..nothing is fine at the moment. my prayers are with her.
anku- thumbnail
@Wave: I may sound negative minded here but it is the sad truth.. I feel that no big steps will really be taken as long as Congress is in power. I do not trust BJP much either. I don't trust half the indian political parties. We need a new party who will work for the welfare of people. But it seems so hard in the present times :-\