Please sign this anti-rape petition - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
Completely agree.
Signed!  

Keeping Ms. Sharma and similar victims [around the world] in my prayers and hope she comes out of this stronger than ever.  
tfs i have signed the petition n im also spreading the message to my friends through pms to sign it
good job dear
hope the girl survives
n the rapists should be given cruel punishment for such heinous crime or say sin

Signed. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope this works
Thanks for creating the much needed petition and sharing it with us! Sure we shud work hard to get this the needed visibility and work towards a better approach of handling cases like these!
TFS!
done! but nothing is going to change with these type of petitions
signed and shared 
I've just signed Xeta !!! 

TV5 (french channel) tweeted about this just today.
This is a really good thing! Honestly i think that death penalty is too less for them. I feel like they should be brutally treated that in the end they pray for death themselves.
So proud of these two girls๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ...and kudos to the Mahila Police of Patna๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Home | More Sections | Scorecard | Most Read | Videos | mPaper | Apps

Boys not behaving? This helpline helps

Dec 26, 2012, 06.25AM IST TNN[ Sayantanee Choudhury ]

PATNA: God helps those who help themselves, they say. But in Patna, the city cops also seem ready to help those girls who are ready to help themselves. They are just a call away. Ring Helpline number 9470001390, in case you are in trouble.

The Mahila Thana's claim came true on Monday night when two 'dabang' (gutsy) girls of the city went to watch the movie 'Dabangg 2' in the night show and they encountered a group of hooligans who had started passing vulgar remarks after almost every scene in the film. Instead of getting scared, the girls called the helpline number and the five guys were taken to Patliputra police station where they had to cool their heels overnight only to be released on Tuesday after signing personal bonds.

As it happened, Naina and Anandi (name changed) could not find time to watch the movie in daytime due to their busy schedule. "We went for the 8.45pm show believing that the crowd would be better than in other city cinema halls," said Anandi.

"We preferred two corner seats in the second row from the top. It was a group of five young boys who were seated in the last row. As soon as the show began, they started changing their seats and moving near us because some other seats were vacant," recounted Anandi.

"It became intolerable as they kept on shouting whenever any romantic scene appeared on the screen and it was impossible to hear even the dialogues," Naina said.

"Initially, we had some heated arguments with the guys but they were so shameless that our words only humoured them. They started passing vulgar comments and even pushing our seats from the back," said Anandi.

"That made us bold and headstrong. Had it been any other girls they would have changed their seats. But we decided to take them head-on. I had the helpline number of Patna Mahila police station saved in my mobile phone. I simply sent a message to the helpline number mentioning our exact location, seat number and the problem. At that time I had no idea that it would work wonders," said Naina, adding, "A lady called me to confirm the complaint and within 15 minutes, cops from Patliputra police station, including its SHO P Bharti, reached the spot. He asked the boys about their misdemeanour but they simply refuted the allegation."

Anandi said, "Naina went out of the auditorium and talked to the SHO who patiently listened to her and took out the hooligans. We both identified them but, instead of fearing the cops, they started arguing with us. We wondered how these guys could dare confront us in front of the cops!"

At around 11.30pm I got another call from the Mahila police station SHO, Mridula Kumari. She thanked us and said, "Itna information hi koi humlogo ko nahin dete hain."

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/patna/Boys-not-behaving-This-helpline-helps/articleshow/17763533.cms