An Open Letter to MB Creative Team

Posted: 11 years ago
An Open letter To Madhubala - EIEJ's Creative Team/CVs & Production House Concerning the MAIN Female Lead CHARACTER, Madhubala!

A Petition Regarding Madhubala Character From US VIEWERS!

A Simple and Goody two shoes in pativrata patni avatar character, Madhubala, shooting for a celibate life tend to bore us when you to put her character in a backdrop with complex/colorful characters like RK and Balraj Choudhary in the show!

For example, An intriguing character like RK is more so because he is such a bag of contradictions. He is charming, suave and smart when he chooses to be, but he is also crass, impulsive and temperamental. His insecurities are almost as huge as his ego and self confidence. He is also an immensely observant and intelligent person with multifaceted artistic talents. Even though he is sarcastic and a hard to please boss, his relationship with Bittuji seems to suggest he is capable of invoking immense loyalty in others. With so many dimensions to his personality ranging from dark to light. Madhu character comes across as a very single dimension entity when compared to RK. There is no doubt that there are about 50 shades of grey to RK's character and is being explored and displayed superbly , but Madhu does come across one-dimensional compared to it.

Madhu's character is becoming predictable, growing emotionally dependent on RK. She seems to have forgotten her own mantra of "... bas Yun hi balveer hun" . " For example it surprises us that even after Madhu finds out about Dip's obvious and Radha's perceived betrayal, she never truly reacts on it. She keeps forcing RK to accept his mom, does she even reason with him once that he was a child and his mom mitght have tried to provide him a father figure and security in an uncertain world. The way she goes about it implies that RK is wrong and his hurt is somehow not as big as Radha's.
Her reaction with Dips is ever more harebrained- We have not seen her throw a single dirty glance owards her ever since she found the truth. In her place any girl would have probably hated Dips for hurting her love and banned her entry in her room.

Samething goes for her reaction with Trishna, she looks almost guilty when Trishna accuses her instead of telling her back that what happened was not her choice, she was forced into that situation.

We did like when she threatened Dips- just need the show to actually give Madhu an opportunity to follow up on the threat. We liked it when she refused to forgive Shamsher until RK stepped in.

For once, We would like a female character that has same insecurities as male and tends to priortize her love above others once in a while. In MB, the show could take the route that Madhu stands just as strong as RK to protects Paddy and Trishna and her hate for Ballu is just as palpable as RK's towards Dips.Her insecurities could stem from the fact that she is not an equal to RK or she may have retained some her real father's craziness. It would be nice to see her subtly point to Radha that RK might be more open to accepting her if she stopped defending Bhatias at every crossroad. Can we please see her lose the waterworks and actually display some wilyness at some point. For example she take Ballu for a merry chase around the town while Paddy and Shamsher get married or she and RK execute a plan to render Ballu bankrupt and ineffective. That keeps the show interesting because there is growth in both the characters as well as a balance of power between them.

MB team & Cvs, Can You Work Towards Madhubala's Character? Why Is Her Character One-Dimensional? Can Her Character Develop? Can We See different Layers To Her Character? Can We See Different Shades To Madhu's character?!
It's been 6 MONTHS NOW Since The Show Has Been started, Yet Still Her Character Is Not Been Utilized Properly. Can You FOR ONCE FINALLY Do Work On Her Character? And If You Still Do Not Plan To Make Any Changes To Madhu's Character And Continue To Let Her Remain As Waspy, Kitchen Saaf Karne Wali, Pati Ke Liye Khana Banane Wali Patiwrata Patni, Then Please Do Us A Favor And Change The Name Of This Serial To
Some Other Character!

At Least In This Way The Title Of The Show Will Be Justified as Right Now The Show Is Anything, But About The Character, "Madhubala." The character Is Very Weak As Of Now And is Forever Hanging In The Background. We Really Hope The Creative Team/Cvs & Prouduction House Take This Feedback/Petition From Viewers Seriously And Works towards The Character, Madhubala, ! Thank You.

All MB Show Viewers, If You Agree With This Letter To The MB Creative Team, DO SIGN THIS PETITION BY PRESSING LIKE TO THE POST! Thank You!

Some Of Viewers' Opinions Regarding This:

Originally posted by 0-SD-0

Citing an instance from Episode 150 aired on Dec 20th 2012

Madhu not  wanting to attend the party inspite of her husband's expressed desire. was the biggest clunk of Episode 150. I was very disappointed with seeing her madness in refusing to go with him, then RK getting attracted to Balraj madness. 
  • CVs are hell bent making Madhu as ordinary and not shape her as a star's wife who needs to take reigns of being the star's wife along with social and business obligations for her husband. RK is repeatedly telling her not to be a domesticated wife and yet Madhu is keeping that. 
  • So are CVs planning a purposeful rift through this clunkiness of character absurdity in Madhu ?
  • So on everything the CVs are just busy painting inexplicable idiosyncracies in characters surrounding RK.
  • Do they plan to bring junoon inside Rishabh only through showing more paagalpan in people surrounding him ? So should I stop expecting sense from everyone around RK ? 

Another example from Jagraata episode.

Why would Madhu wear the saree given by Dipali and then refuse too ; when
1) she knows RK would not like that
2) a woman's instinct would not allow her wear a saree that belongs to her husband's EX.
3) her husband asks her to remove it and wear another one

If CVs are persisting to keep Madhu simple now, to the extent of her taking an auto to travel, then our expectations are raised that one day, her house-wife simplicity is going to change with her becoming a film-star. So are we to believe that the track is somewhere near ?

Are we going to see a better hair style and dressing that does not make Madhu look like Geet, DD's previous show ?

Originally posted by Shahisthi

After reading the whole post I have to agree with you. And also thinking yes it has been already 7 months to the show, still female lead is where she is before in terms of her characterization, I have to agree with U.

I am still hoping soon it will hapen, soon CV's are going to work on her character. I am sure the actress too must be waiting and in every interview of hers  she said she is going with the flow and waiting for her heroine track to start. So like her we fans are also waiting for that day.

But I guess it's been a long time now with 7 months passed, it is really time for them to work on her character. I am just hoping with Ballu's entry CV's might concentrate more on Madhu's character. So waiting and hoping for that to happen in the following weeks.

Originally posted by Manonids

I agree partially. For once, CVs must break the cliche characterization of female lead and comes out with something more concrete. Madhu was shown Sherni earlier too, and I feel that involving her too much in household chores is making her look in the same league of female leads of other shows, a stereotypical Bahu.🥱

I wonder if its done for TRPs🤔 but overdoing it, is actually not going to suffice any purpose. Basically, the show needs a Big turnaround to bring Madhu and RK on different pedestal. May be stardom track, will unleash her different persona, which she herself is not aware of, and that will come with time. Its high time to start stardom track. 

Moreover, with Balraaj's entry in Madhubala's life, there has to be one- to-one conflicts shown bw these two. Madhubala doesn't need to rely on her saviours all the time. Its her battle and she must fight it herself. Its about being progressive. If makers really want to convey some strong message for TRP audience (women), why to show a woman needing  some or the other one to fight her enemies? Let her deal with it and others to support her in their own way. Madhubala had dealt with RK alone and she can do it with Balraaj too, ofcourse he can help her in his own way. 

Nonetheless, I want CVs to mellow down her stereotypical image of Bahu for now and develop her more as an individual. If RK's character is changing under Madhu's influence, why not Madhu changing under his influence ?? It should be shown mutually and not one sided!!!
I want Sherni Madhubala back 😛

Edited by Cutieee1992 - 11 years ago
Good post Madz...👏
.wanted to see a strong Madhu,we are blessed to have such a talented female lead,request to CV's please utilize her talent
Please add this as addendum to the open letter

If you do not plan to make any changes to Madhu's character and continue to let her remain as waspy, kitchen saaf karne wali, pati ke liye khana banane wali patiwrata patni, then please do us a favor and change the name of this serial to "Rishabh Kundra -  ek ishq ek junoon".

That way we would continue watching the amazing histrionics of RK, marvel at his complex character, feel that serial title is being justified, story is all about RK and won't even give a moment's thought to Madhu who is forever hovering in the background.
Citing an instance from Episode 150 aired on Dec 20th 2012

Madhu not  wanting to attend the party inspite of her husband's expressed desire. was the biggest clunk of Episode 150. I was very disappointed with seeing her madness in refusing to go with him, then RK getting attracted to Balraj madness. 
  • CVs are hell bent making Madhu as ordinary and not shape her as a star's wife who needs to take reigns of being the star's wife along with social and business obligations for her husband. RK is repeatedly telling her not to be a domesticated wife and yet Madhu is keeping that. 
  • So are CVs planning a purposeful rift through this clunkiness of character absurdity in Madhu ?
  • So on everything the CVs are just busy painting inexplicable idiosyncracies in characters surrounding RK.
  • Do they plan to bring junoon inside Rishabh only through showing more paagalpan in people surrounding him ? So should I stop expecting sense from everyone around RK ? 

Another example from Jagraata episode.

Why would Madhu wear the saree given by Dipali and then refuse too ; when
1) she knows RK would not like that
2) a woman's instinct would not allow her wear a saree that belongs to her husband's EX.
3) her husband asks her to remove it and wear another one

If CVs are persisting to keep Madhu simple now, to the extent of her taking an auto to travel, then our expectations are raised that one day, her house-wife simplicity is going to change with her becoming a film-star. So are we to believe that the track is somewhere near ?

Are we going to see a better hair style and dressing that does not make Madhu look like Geet, DD's previous show ?
absolutely!!!!
I agree... In the  episode where madhu entered we show a strong madhu fighting the goons alone...

We want a strong madhu who gives eet ka jawab pathar se...
Not only to rk but all those who try and hurt her...
you gonna tweet this??? Please do...
Very good points i seriously want all these shades to be amplify in madhu character by cvs bcz from quite long i m thinking if every scope of shades is given to our beloved RK then why this show name is on female protagonist Madhubala it should be on RK anyways i hope cvs visit the forum and go through ur open letter.
Yes, I agree too..her character is not as interesting..it's only our love and admiration for drasthi that we are tolerating until now...please cvs give her as strong dialogues and all..not just a pretty doll😊
great post CVs really do need to develope Madhu's character more and give her more traits. they have done great with RK now its time to focus on Madhu.
Nice post..agree with u..i want also to see Sherni Madhu..and always kitchn mai hi kam karti rehti hai...