Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
i think kareena in talaash is miles ahead kareena in heroine. How many agree with me on this? Talaash might not have had her shedding tears etc but there are 2,3 scenes where her eyes have done all the crying with out shedding a single tear- this is what i call performance! 👏 
desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Koiza, I wouldnt say that.
She was different in Talaash and yes, much more subdued, but there are a few scenes in Heroine that blow Talaash out the window.

Dont think of the crying OTT screaming scenes. Those were totally W*F and annoying.

Think of the scene when she's seated on the ground against a sofa and her manager is trying to cheer her up with a few measly projects and if he should talk to people about getting her an opportunity to attend a wedding for money, and she's wordlessly nodding.

That is what I loved in Heroine. Not the screaming.

Also, the sequence towards the end when she's going kinda psychotic, and she asks her manager if he thinks what she's doing is wrong.
Those silent moments and emoting was what I loved about her in Heroine.
Not the screaming.
desigal90 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nitu_TheTwisted

geez these are not the best...infact most forced into the storyline.

the best part was 
*her showdown with tamanna
*going to the brothel
*her intro with divya dutta
*her adoption refusal
*finale

nitu, I'm not talking about whether htey were needed or not.
I'm just strictly speaking about her expressions in these isolated incidents.
Who was Tamanna? I kinda forgot 😆
I hated her adoption refusal. That was OTT for me. Coz the line was so W*F 😆
My favorite was the finale, the scenes when she's sorta sold out her soul towards the end and asks her manager if waht she's doing is wrong, and the one whne she's wordlessly nodding as he tries to cheer her up with some measly projects.
-koiza- thumbnail

Well yes those were pretty good!

but i loved the scene in talaash where she makes aamir close his eyes and when he asks her to start a new life she says its not that easy- her eyes emoted that so well! i actually felt for her.

Also another scene where she takes aamir to her place and mentions about her friend who got missing 3 years back, again those eyes did all the crying for me. For me this performance is a winner! and i personally place it above heroine. But she was good in heroine as well, no doubt about that either!

desigal90 thumbnail
Good point! 
But ofcourse, keep in mind that everything in Talaash was also working in her favour. Her character was well written, the story made sense, so her performance had the perfect backing.

Whereas in Heroine, she was performing in a vacuum. Everything else was so crap, that even her performance didnt make the impact it WOULD have had the film made sense.

Originally posted by: desigal90

nitu, I'm not talking about whether htey were needed or not.
I'm just strictly speaking about her expressions in these isolated incidents.
Who was Tamanna? I kinda forgot 😆
I hated her adoption refusal. That was OTT for me. Coz the line was so W*F 😆
My favorite was the finale, the scenes when she's sorta sold out her soul towards the end and asks her manager if waht she's doing is wrong, and the one whne she's wordlessly nodding as he tries to cheer her up with some measly projects.

tamaana was the associate editor of mumbai daily who was the friend of her rival actress..i liked her adoption refusal not becoz of her but becoz of the nun, she was so natural LOL.

heroine didn't look bad as it was a bad film itself. it looked bad because there was nothing audience hadn't seen before. even the pouring wine on the actor's wife didn't make a shocking factor. 
-HappyBird- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Any list that doesn't include Katrina is good list.
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think Kareena's last scene in Talaash was mindblastingly blowing. It was WOW.

I hated the movie in total, story was bullcrap, but that last scene almost redeemed the money spent on tickets, all because of Kareena.

She made Amir look like an amateur in that last water scene, and I'm not even being sarcastic or joking.
Her last expression of like.. freedom, satisfaction, dunno what to call it, was SOOO capturing. 
desigal90 thumbnail
Liverach, also note - she emoted underwater 👏
-koiza- thumbnail
and the scene where aamir imagines her at the back of his seat followed by her standing on the road- this scene deserves standing ovation! the way it has been handled- you really feel the thrill! and ofcourse aamir and kareena's performance in it 👏