Raja Sen lists his Best Actresses of 2012 - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago

I don't like it when critics/audience say, "An Oscar winning performance!" when a big star plays a challenged (Mentally/physically) character. Didn't watch Barfi! yet, so I won't judge (I don't have the right) how great/mediocre PeeCee's performance was.

Wooh-hoo! Richa is at #2; he even included Dolly A.  πŸ‘

I am quite sure all the critics have reserved the #1 spot for Sridevi. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ₯³

Originally posted by bambogli

I don't like it when critics/audience say, "An Oscar winning performance!" when a big star plays a challenged (Mentally/physically) character. Didn't watch Barfi! yet, so I won't judge (I don't have the right) how great/mediocre PeeCee's performance was.

Wooh-hoo! Richa is at #2; he even included Dolly A.  πŸ‘

I am quite sure all the critics have reserved the #1 spot for Sridevi. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ₯³

very well said bambo. yes many times i noticed once a star plays a mentally/physically challenged role the chants are - oscar worthy performance. same kind of chants the actors get...especially actresses get when they play a emotional wreck, rape victim, abused wife, etc.
BUT, hey, hold it there for a moment, there is a change,  see how sridevi is roaring with a simple, loving, mother/wife role - gives a beautiful performance. NOTHING extraordinary.

but hey you must watch barfi, i must say, tho pc was not perfect, but she almost nailed it. no denying, she did an excellent job. i am really really surprised not to see pc in raja sen list.
Originally posted by briahna

very well said bambo. yes many times i noticed once a star plays a mentally/physically challenged role the chants are - oscar worthy performance. same kind of chants the actors get...especially actresses get when they play a emotional wreck, rape victim, abused wife, etc.
BUT, hey, hold it there for a moment, there is a change,  see how sridevi is roaring with a simple, loving, mother/wife role - gives a beautiful performance. NOTHING extraordinary.

but hey you must watch barfi, i must say, tho pc was not perfect, but she almost nailed it. no denying, she did an excellent job. i am really really surprised not to see pc in raja sen list.

I hope, PeeCee proves me wrong.

I can recall, I was not happy when FF gave Rishi Kapoor the best critics choice award. But when I watched Do Dooni Chaar, I was like, give all the awards to Duggal Parivaar...  though the award season was over.  πŸ˜† 

Originally posted by bambogli

I hope, PeeCee proves me wrong.

I can recall, I was not happy when FF gave Rishi Kapoor the best critics choice award. But when I watched Do Dooni Chaar, I was like, give all the awards to Duggal Parivaar...  though the award season was over.  πŸ˜† 

hehehe that film was brilliant..esp the most natural thing was his sister and she continiously provokes the duggal parivar to look trendy and stylish in front of her family circle. this is almost every story in middle class houses esp those where girls are wed in rich families πŸ˜†
I hope Kareena's performance in Heroine doesnt go completely ignored coz the film sucked.
Man, they make up awards all the time, why cant they make one called Most Versatile Actress of the year or something, Bebo would win that for sure πŸ˜†

Raja Sen - biased much  πŸ₯± how come PC is not in the list? well I think she surely deserves a top place for her performance in Barfi! anyway glad he dint include Katrina...bebo was amazing in Talaash!

i agree with the notion tht its not necessary for someone to be playing a completely intense with a lot of "shades" or "complex" character to give a gr8 performance...

Most of my favourite performances are the ones where the actors are being completely natural and "in character" despite the character not being as seemingly demanding...like rishi in Do dooni chaar, or AB snr in Cheeni kum, sridevi in english vinglish etc ...i think its really tough to play "simple" people and make it interesting and endearing on celluloid. 
Agree, I loved Kareena in Ek Main Aurr Ek Tu even more than Heroine I think...even though her character was "harder" in Heroine, the film ruined it for me, lol
Kareena in EMAET and Talaash, completely natural and flawless!πŸ˜†

But I'll be biased and say I'd still prefer Heroine just coz she had more screentime...hell, she was in every frame, lol