Raja Sen lists his Best Actresses of 2012 - Page 7

Posted: 11 years ago
Yeah, Raja Sen pulled a real fanboy move here.  Two movies for Kareena and nothing for Priyanka and Deepika. ðŸ˜†

Kareena for Talaash is fine. She deserves it.

But Kareena for Heroine should be totally tossed out.  It was such a W*F movie and no her performance doesn't save it or anything.  It came across as being so campy and cheesy as she screams and screeches and has tears rolling down her face with perfectly smudged mascara.  I was laughing through some of it because it was so dumb and over the top.  Like a Saturday Night Live parody of what intense acting is supposed to be.
Originally posted by koiza.k

yeah i expect the same biased attitude from awards as well!

JTHJ doesn't deserve any IMO- it was the weakest product of Yash Chopra with average direction and performances! Too much hype only made it worse. 

true...but they'll defo try to be egalitarian this time i feel...

sabko prasad milega...😆
Originally posted by pathaka

true...but they'll defo try to be egalitarian this time i feel...

sabko prasad milega...😆

😆 but pathaka you never know

i mean the movie was so bad that even critics didn't spare it despite its being Late Yashji's last movie so may be the awards wont be kind to it as well! Expect the unexpected! ðŸ˜‰

Originally posted by koiza.k

😆 but pathaka you never know

i mean the movie was so bad that even critics didn't spare it despite its being Late Yashji's last movie so may be the awards wont be kind to it as well! Expect the unexpected! ðŸ˜‰

critics seemed fine with it...well most of the big ones anyway...anu, masand, raja sen all gave it  3 stars...most big films struggle to get past the 2 star rating...
Originally posted by anonymous39

Yeah, Raja Sen pulled a real fanboy move here.  Two movies for Kareena and nothing for Priyanka and Deepika. ðŸ˜†

Kareena for Talaash is fine. She deserves it.

But Kareena for Heroine should be totally tossed out.  It was such a W*F movie and no her performance doesn't save it or anything.  It came across as being so campy and cheesy as she screams and screeches and has tears rolling down her face with perfectly smudged mascara.  I was laughing through some of it because it was so dumb and over the top.  Like a Saturday Night Live parody of what intense acting is supposed to be.

Couldnt have said it better myself. Heroine was a waste. And so was kareena who was OTT. Absurd to include Heroine and exclude Priyankas barfi without even an honorable mention.

That aside...the award should go to Vidya NOT Sri Devi. Yes, she was great, but shes being hyped even more because shes a yesteryear actress who made a successful comback. 

It's not like Kareena is a woman of conviction.  She does whatever benefits her at the moment.  She showed up to every single award show that would have her when she was winning for Jab We Met.  Then in years when it was no possibility, she would give out quotes about awards not being credible and deserving people sitting at home eating pizza, aka herself. 

She didn't do Heroine for any other reason than awards.  It was such a bad movie that it's hard to believe she had any other reason for it. She was aiming for the big National Awards, forget just Filmfare.  She will show up at the award shows this year if she feels she has something to gain from it.

😆     Ur on a rolll
Originally posted by Enycedoll

That aside...the award should go to Vidya NOT Sri Devi. Yes, she was great, but shes being hyped even more because shes a yesteryear actress who made a successful comback. 

disagree there.

Both had gr8 roles and performances but i wouldnt say sridevi's performance was hyped more coz shes a yesteryear actress. I feel sri had the edge because it was a far more nuanced performance...there were lots of little subtle gestures, expressions, the way she changed her body language to convey under confidence and confidence etc which add so much to the character and the performance... IMO none of the other actresses could have pulled that off. 
Edited by pathaka - 11 years ago

It's not like Kareena is a woman of conviction.  She does whatever benefits her at the moment.  She showed up to every single award show that would have her when she was winning for Jab We Met.  Then in years when it was no possibility, she would give out quotes about awards not being credible and deserving people sitting at home eating pizza, aka herself. 

She didn't do Heroine for any other reason than awards.  It was such a bad movie that it's hard to believe she had any other reason for it. She was aiming for the big National Awards, forget just Filmfare.  She will show up at the award shows this year if she feels she has something to gain from it.

Disagree. She's won SOMETHING each year. Either for We Are Family, or 3 Idiots, or one year even for Bodyguard, she she won at one show or another.
Even the year she gave that quote, she won awards. She performed, she won. Simple as that ðŸ˜‰

She never pretended to favor award shows really, lol

During the Big Star Entertainment Awards, they asked her about award shows, she paused and said, "I'm called to perform, so I'm here"
And that I've noticed. She has attended shows only when she's performed barring year 2007.

She won Best Actress Supporting in 2011 for We Are Family, but she didnt attend coz she wasnt performing.

As for Heroine, no not just awards. 
She was being criticized for not doing anything exceptional, so she wanted to prove that she could, and the biggest reason that she chose Heroine over a bunch of other films was simple...commercial success. Madhur had tasted commercial success alongside giving his actresses critical acclaim. That commercial success is the main reason she went for it. Otherwise, I know how many amazing scripts she turned down around that time...sadly
Edited by desigal90 - 11 years ago

Just as a clearance- i am not calling JTHJ a poor movie because it was based on a particular belief and i didn't connect with it! i am calling it poor because it was poor for me.

Even talaash was based on that and not many people will connect with that thing but what made me like it and connect to it was the execution combined with the superb performances and dialogues which made it convincing- isn't that the purpose of a movie? to make things not so believable believable? thats what Talaash did and thats what qualifies as a good movie which JTHJ did not for me! also the cheesy dialogues and slow pace made it worse!

Originally posted by pathaka

disagree there.

Both had gr8 roles and performances but i wouldnt say sridevi's performance was hyped more coz shes a yesteryear actress. I feel sri had the edge because it was a far more nuanced performance...there were lots of little subtle gestures, expressions, the way she changed her body language to convey under confidence and confidence etc which add so much to the character and the performance... IMO none of the other actresses could have pulled that off. 

Sri is like god among insects like Vidya!!!!!

She made a successful comeback because she has it in her to be successful. Her role, as Shashi was not pretentious but something only she could do. Like pathaka said. She was so natural. Made us feel that Shashi was real woman, part of society. 

Not all actors can make characters feel real.