EkPahelii thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Have been watching the show from the first day and am so glad in the way it has shaped up especially since Sid' coming to India. The more I think about it, the more the show seems to have to offer in terms of storyline.

This is definitely not a saccharine sweet family that's high on the concept of morals being dominated by a fire breathing. torture inflicting, insulting mother-in-law, Thank GOD !!! The PH of the show is relatively new which handles the creative aspects of the show and I am pleasantly surprised and happy for the wonderful casting coup they have pulled off. Not to mention the way the show is executed, in midst of candyfloss romances  and headache inducing cringe worthy saas bahu sagas they are aiming to portray a not so perfect family with each member being as different as chalk and cheese and with an agenda of his/her on their mind.

I swear the actors seems to be executing roles which seem to be tailor made for their personalities. But of all the equations in the show which seem to have a chemistry of their own, the one I am adoring at the moment the most is  that of Sid Prateeksha.

Somehow these two have a way of brightening up the screen even in moments they are silent. Which actually made me ponder over a few things especially the pocket watch gifted to Sid by Prateeksha to whom that piece clearly held a value beyond words, it being one of the last pieces of her husband she can actually hold on too. Her gesture of passing onto Sid something so precious clearly means he has won her over and she is truly happy with the choice of life partner her daughter has made, but more than that I think its the fact Sid makes Prateeksha feel normal. Not patronized, not victimized or pressured  or intimidated and certainly not uncomfortable in any way. He respects her but doesn't try to treat her as a woman who needs to be reminded time and again of her hardships or of her poor state of affairs. What I have loved about this duo is the  fact that in what seems like a first for the woman in years, he has made her smile effortlessly which happened inadvertently on Prateeksha' part even when she held on to her reserve.

Here is a woman who by the various members of her family is treated in a number of ways which has really affected her self-esteem and her sense of self-confidence a lot, more than even her own daughter Gauri perhaps gets it, I suppose. But more than anything what piques my curiosity is her meek acceptance of all the humiliation which has come her way. Clearly there is a lot more to this than meets the eye. I get the fact that she is time and again accused of being the cause of her husband' demise, of even her MIL passing away as she couldnt handle the trauma and shock of her son' death at such a young age, but could it be really the reason of her being treated in a fashion so egregious ?

Death certainly doesnt inform anyone of its coming via any route, it just happens. So how can a woman be held responsible for the ill fate of her husband' untimely death ? or even be blamed so far as to being accused of bringing down the same fate to her own daughter ? Fine she dint stop Rajendra when he was to go out on an errand, and he died. But does that really justify of all that has befallen her? and IF, IF the bhonsles really do consider this woman to be such an ill omen why let her stay with them even after all this time ? clearly something' fishy here.

Last week in one of their clandestine conversations Asawari discussed with her brother Ranjeet she wished Prateeksha would be out of bhonsle house for good and had even tried to do so but to no avail. She has time and again tried to talk appa saheb into kicking her out of the house but he has refused sparking off the doubt in Asawari' mind that their is something which is hidden here, else what is appa saheb' motive in placing the DIL in a house arrest, the one he clearly hates with a passion too.

Somehow in none of the flashbacks shown so far, has ever Rajendra been shown with anyone of his family members to display his equation with them. Since its only been ever disclosed he died and that was because Prateeksha had failed to hold him back, doesn't mean things were always hunky dory back then with the family?

Could Rajendra have been in conflict with his own father ? Is it possible that the appa saheb who now seems to appear more than just a patriarch who rules over his own family with an iron fist, currently seems to be the man behind Gauri' shootout have more dirty secrets up his sleeve?

Somehow its a long shot that Rajendra died on the very same day that appa saheb was supposedly warned by Guru maa of a danger in his way and Prateeksha so conveniently  being made a scapegoat.

Could appa saheb who now in distress over a prediction made by Guru maa have committed a crime against his own son over something similar? It seems if the man can have no mercy on his own flesh and blood, his grandchild, he is very much capable of being  the culprit in Rajendra 'death too.

Somehow the fact that Prateeksha willingly accepts all this too seems so so confusing, clearly is a woman is treated the way she is, she would want to change things even it means taking drastic steps. She could try to run away or even morbid as it seems kill herself not just become this silent punching bag.And even if she does not try to change her own state, why cant she talk to her own daughter freely ?

somehow it appears Prateeksha is on to some secret, possibly the truth of Rajendra' death that has made her not only an outcaste in her own family and home but also a sorta prisoner under house arrest. Perhaps this was the real reason her MIL passed away too, knowing that her own child was murdered in cold blood by her husband owing to his superstitious beliefs perhaps while she could or can do nothing off the fact.

Could appa saheb want Prateeksha under his watchful eye all the time for the very reason ? It seems he hasn't just instilled a sense of fear in Prateeksha he has warned her with dire consequences to her only child should this truth ever come out.

what remains to be seen is will Prateeksha at some point become bold and fearless enough to overcome her own atrocities and if so, who will actually be the person she could entrust with a secret as closely guarded as this ? Will Sid be able to actually thaw the words frozen in her heart and help a woman he clearly admires and respects while taking care of Gauri at the same time too or will Prateeksha' conditions make Gauri a pawn in Garv' schemes who wants to settle a score with the ruthless man. Will Sid have to lose  the girl he loves so dearly to another man or will Garv in the long run become an ally to the couple who have walked into this place where they are so unwelcomed and unwanted.

Will  Gauri have a happy ending  with Sid or  is she doomed just as the other daughters of this family like her aunt Amruta and her grandaunt  Sumitra to be evaded of her share of love and happiness ?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

soniasharmin89 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
i really loved your post .Its beautifully writtenπŸ‘.even i also start enjoying this show after sid;s arrival.I loved his every scene with all the ladies and cousins of Gauri.πŸ˜ƒ

u know i really don't want garv-gauri marriage or love or anything between them.Bcz if it will be a love-hate relationship then everything will be predictable bcz todays india tv this kind of shows are available.i want sid-gauri remain together and fight  opposite appa saheb.But wohi hoga jo manzoor e CVS hoga.But i really loved sid-prateeksha's soft talk.just hope  sid stary India too to help gauri bcz i fell like now gauri needs sid more.But i m happy its a diffrent show not suvh candy floss love story,dupatta flying,eye lock with long back ground score. here they are giving importance to every characters line by line.Thats really good.Hope they continue this and just give us a little  more of Sid too kya karein yarr Mohit ka fan hoo na!πŸ˜‰.but its okay.Hope show found TRp too bcz indian show ruled by Trp.not hoping much but crossing my Finger.😳

keep writing.Loved your positive and beautiful analysis.
snowwhite28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
U observed this show very well. I also have lot of questions which are arising in my mind. Edited by snowwhite28 - 11 years ago
Joyee_90 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
i dnt like garv !!!!
i just want Siddharth-Gauri remain together !!!!
& also want a proper lovestory b/w Siddharth & Gauri !!!!
Exoticfan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
nice observation !πŸ˜ƒ.I agree with u mostly.i just want they give us something different in the future too and not end up garv-gauri.Yeah.even they are not a family what every show give us like great family values and all.Its different than other shows. hope it shape well in the future too.

keep writing and keep coming forum.😊
Edited by alia-khanom - 11 years ago
P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum but I have watched the show from the beginging and I just wanted to share my view on the shw so far.

I agree about the sid and prateekshas relationship but I feel there is something missing. Don't get me wrong, the cast is great and talented but I feel they haven't been introduced properly. Personally, when I start watching a show with a huge cast I like a bit of introduction to them and their personality. It helps me to understand the story better. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about other shows so all I'll say is that there are other family dramas that I am watching or I have watched which have perfectly been able to get the balance right. They have established the main leads of the show while managing to show the personality of every other character, beautifully.

I didn't know it was a new PH so I'm guessing that could be the reason. I don't know of this is a mistake or the unknowingness has been created to flow with the storyline but I find it quite weird. I guess that is why I'm watching it to find out how the other characters develop.

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Agree with what you have said. This show certainly has a storyline which makes it different from other shows. At times, it even made me think how come did Mohit selected this show after a long gap but guess the story must have impressed him and the show is shaping up well πŸ˜Š
soniasharmin89 thumbnail
[QUOTE=*KT*~Lakshya*]

Hey guys, i'm new to the forum but I have watched the show from the beginging and I just wanted to share my view on the shw so far.

I agree about the sid and prateekshas relationship but I feel there is something missing. Don't get me wrong, the cast is great and talented but I feel they haven't been introduced properly. Personally, when I start watching a show with a huge cast I like a bit of introduction to them and their personality. It helps me to understand the story better. I don't know if I'm allowed to talk about other shows so all I'll say is that there are other family dramas that I am watching or I have watched which have perfectly been able to get the balance right. They have established the main leads of the show while managing to show the personality of every other character, beautifully.

I didn't know it was a new PH so I'm guessing that could be the reason. I don't know of this is a mistake or the unknowingness has been created to flow with the storyline but I find it quite weird. I guess that is why I'm watching it to find out how the other characters develop.

[/QUOTE
don't worry u can share ur views too.Yeah.may be in the beginning everything looks quite rush but now i think things are shaping quite well.πŸ˜ƒ
croziaxx thumbnail
 show looks nice, no doubt show has a story, and all actor r very good, * me not fan of any body*..  and me too don't want that garv manipulate or emotionally  blackmail her, or hate and love kind story,then show will loose its uniqueness, .. and if they both * sid and gau* fight together and bring out all hidden truth of the family it will be nice, but me doubt,because this is a show and all cvs love  to make unnecessary drama, and suspense , and in this show all character actors r very mature, they both not  look strong enough infront of all,  so u cant say , if they introduce a new guy for gouri, i m just guessing ... not sure  but may be... 
BTW gauri and sid both were looking nice in traditional marathi outfit.. 
i have only one complain... speed is very slow, this is new show so if they maintain some speed ,it will be good...  
soniasharmin89 thumbnail

Originally posted by: croziaxx

show looks nice, no doubt show has a story, and all actor r very good, * me not fan of any body*..  and me too don't want that garv manipulate or emotionally  blackmail her, or hate and love kind story,then show will loose its uniqueness, .. and if they both * sid and gau* fight together and bring out all hidden truth of the family it will be nice, but me doubt,because this is a show and all cvs love  to make unnecessary drama, and suspense , and in this show all character actors r very mature, they both not  look strong enough infront of all,  so u cant say , if they introduce a new guy for gouri, i m just guessing ... not sure  but may be... 

BTW gauri and sid both were looking nice in traditional marathi outfit.. 
i have only one complain... speed is very slow, this is new show so if they maintain some speed ,it will be good...  

nice said but not agree with u in one point.why new actor for Gauri.somewhere gauri looks weak not the leads.They are perfect with their character and scting wise.jistna bhi unko diya gaya bahut acche se kiya hai.Thanks.πŸ˜ƒ