Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I am a free man now: Arbaaz Khan

Producer-director Arbaaz Khan tells TOI how he juggled brand Salman and brand Dabangg

Are you relieved with the response toDabangg 2? Especially since some people said you'd fail as a director?
Yes. I am genuinely feeling relieved. It was a huge weight on my shoulders. I was aware of the cynicism and I know a lot of people said I wouldn't be able to deliver. But I relied on my instincts and decided to let my work do the talking. I must admit I was very tense but I also knew if I did good work, everybody would appreciate it. On the other hand, if I made a bad film, I wouldn't have anywhere to run. And now the film is out and you guys have liked it. I am a free man now.

Is it true the sequel had been elaborately discussed during the shooting of Dabangg?
That's utter rubbish. Everything was done by the team of the new film. Each and every aspect was conceptualised and executed by us. This time around, we knew what we wanted to create and the process was smooth. There was no ambiguity, no revision of scripts and no creative differences.

Considering Dabangg 2's rights were sold to distributors at a premium, you must be now laughing all the way to the bank...
(Laughs) Money always follows a successful film and I never wanted to be an exception to that rule. Imagine what would have happened if I had made a bad film after Dabangg. I was handling two brands simultaneously; one being Salman Khan and the other Dabangg. In any case, making a sequel is hard work and the bar set by Dabangg was very high. I was always more concerned about surpassing the expectations of Salman's fans than the money the film would generate. And I refused to lend an ear to my critics because that wasn't doing me any good either. All said, the tension was palpable during the countdown to the release. It was a huge brand and my job was to make it even bigger.

Are you now ready to announce Dabangg 3, what with a successful second installment.
We will definitely go back to the drawing board but I want to take a breather and do a film in between.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Ofcourse hes free...salmans star power just made them gazillionaires. He no longer has to wait for wifey or bhai to pay the bills.

Dabanggs not a masterpeice, its just riding on salmans star power so it really has nothing to do with arbaazs direction.m
Edited by Enycedoll - 11 years ago
... Edited by PuffinHypercity - 11 years ago
2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

u watched the movie😲 dont u hate salman and his mindless flicks ??
Edited by -Maddy- - 11 years ago

Originally posted by: _NaughtyBoy_

u watched the movie😲 dont u hate salman and his mindless flicks ??

My cousins was at my house, and they forced me to go and watch it in cinema. We went and got tickets on 2nd floor. When movie started it was houseful and some didn't get tickets because of no tickets being left.

Hated the movie. When 5 minute had gone I wanted the movie to end. It has no story at all. Arbaaz Khan is the worst director, he sucks. Everything was shown in the promo. The only thing which wasn't shown in the promo was:

* edited the spoilers*
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: PuffinHypercity

My cousins was at my house, and they forced me to go and watch it in cinema. We went and got tickets on 2nd floor. When movie started it was houseful and some didn't get tickets because of no tickets being left.

Hated the movie. When 5 minute had gone I wanted the movie to end. It has no story at all. Arbaaz Khan is the worst director, he sucks. Everything was shown in the promo. The only thing which wasn't shown in the promo was:

* edited the spoilers*

* edited the spoilers*
BollyPC thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

* edited the spoilers*

are you giving spoilers so people dont watch the movie? that's lame!! ðŸ˜† dont worry it made way more money and has better reviews than JTHJ! people actually got what they expected whereas JTHJ was a complete disappointment! 
wat_up thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

i got the joke but you didnt and you can say on Arbaz what you want but thats not what you are doing here you are basically telling what the movie is about..even those who gave reviews didnt leak things.It be lke be coming into a thread and saying in ETT i will use that as its a Salman movie and telling people the twist and so on...
Edited by wat_up - 11 years ago

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Nitu_ST_Deewani

are you giving spoilers so people dont watch the movie? that's lame!! ðŸ˜† dont worry it made way more money and has better reviews than JTHJ! people actually got what they expected whereas JTHJ was a complete disappointment! 

i am sure sonakshi acted better in those 2-3 scenes than katrina in whole JTHJ😆