Amrit Manthan

Adaa loves to wear sarees that expose her midriff

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Adaa Khan loves to wear sarees that expose her midriff

Adaa Khan is quite kicked about her Life OK show Amrit Manthan doing well. It is a challenge to play an outright negative character.

At first, when Amrit began, her character was grayish but over the time, it became completely black and Amrit today is selfish to the core.

Here Adaa reveals, "In the beginning, I wanted to quit for I was not confident about the same, but the creatives convinced me to stay on and I am glad that I did so. This is first in Indian television in which the lead plays a negative character."

So what have been the reactions of the fans? "Superb, whenever they meet me on the road, apart from saying that they love my work, they always want to know as to what havoc Amrit would wreck next," she observes.

Adaa is one lucky TV woman, in the sense that most normal daily soap characters don't get a chance to experiment with their looks, they always have to wear the same type of sarees. But here in this show, since she plays a negative role, she gets the freedom to play around with the 22-yard wonder. "I have worn halter blouses and sarees which show my midriff as well. I am glad that Indian television has matured enough, for a woman to show a little of her skin. I guess this is a carry forward from changing trends in cinema," she quips. This means that we will never get to see Adaa wear a short skirt in the show.

Looking ahead, Adaa says that she would love to do films, "but the biggest issue is that big screen projects require bulk dates which I will not be able to give, with my full loyalty towards this Rajan Shahi project," she concludes.

Source: TC

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonstruck thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
glad she never quit, wouldn't be same without her
anasuya43 thumbnail