Book Recommendations by Genres - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
I'll like suspense thrillers and horror genres..
Title:  The Seventh Scroll
Author:  Wilbur Smith
Genre:  Action / Adventure
Brief Synopsis:  One of the best adventure books I have ever read. Following is the brief synopsis : 

The Seventh Scroll. Nearly four thousand years old. A fading legacy from beyond the grave.

Within it lie the clues to a fabulous treasure from an almost forgotten time...

Duraid Al Simmu and his beautiful half-English, half-Egyptian wife, Royan, were the first

to discover the tomb of Queen Lostris. And with it the scrolls in which the wily Taita 

recorded the burial of Pharaoh Mamose with all his vast treasure.

But as their present-day search moves from the Nile to the uplands of Ethiopia, a savage 

battle begins, to unlock the Pharaoh's secrets. For others will stop at nothing to gain the 

prize as their own.

When Duraid is brutally murdered and their research notes stolen, Royan is forced to seek

refuge in England. With eminent and aristocratic archaeologist Nicholas Quenton-Harper, she can pick up

the pieces of her shattered life. With him she can find the courage to return to Ethiopia. For Duraid. For Taita. 

And for the dreams of an ancient Pharaoh...

I fell in love with the books main character Nicolas Harper. If you like adventure books,

you should definitely read this one.

Title: "Digital mind jail"

Author: Gojim Oavin

Genres: Romance fantasy / futuristic adventure

Comments: Good book about life in digital world. Second ebook part is stronger, than first.

Title: The Thirteenth Tale
Author: Diane Setterfield
Genre: Mystery/Drama
Synopsis:
Shy and reserved biographer Margaret Lea receives an invitation from the famous novelist, Vida Winter to write the story of her life. Margaret is surprised as she has never read any of Winter's works nor does she know much about the author. Winter, notoriously reclusive and gravely ill, wants to recount her life story before it is too late, and she wants Margaret to be the one to pen down her history.

While thinking whether to take up the assignment, Margaret starts to read her father's rare copy of Winter's "Thirteen Tales of Change and Desperation". As she becomes increasingly fascinated by the tales she discovers that the book only contains twelve stories. There is no thirteenth tale. Intrigued by this mystery and its writer, Margaret decides to take up her offer.

As Vida Winter goes down memory lane, what unravels is a family history and childhood mired by dark and forbidden secrets. Carefully recording the account each step of the way, Margaret finds herself getting more and more deeply immersed in Winter's strange tale, so much so that she finds parallels with her own.

Soon both women will have to confront their pasts, the weight of family secrets...and the ghosts that haunt them still.

Comments:
A haunting and poignant story about the effect of certain bonds which never break and are as strong as ever sometimes from even beyond the grave. I rate the book 10/10.
Title: Forged in Steele
Author: Maya Banks
Genre: Romantic suspense/action
Brief Synopsis:
The Kelly Group International (KGI): A super-elite, top secret, family-run business.
Qualifications: High intelligence, rock-hard body, military background.
Mission: Hostage/kidnap victim recovery. Intelligence gathering. Handling jobs the U.S. government can't…

Steele, a KGI team leader, is an enigma not even his teammates understand. His emotions are tightly locked down and nothing can break that icy exterior. Nothing except Maren Scofield, a doctor on a mission, a woman who has gotten under Steele's skin and threatens to crack that unflappable cool he's legendary for.

Steele is determined not to allow Maren past his carefully guarded defenses. But when she's in danger, there's no way he'll allow anyone else to protect her.

Maren's hiding something. He's sure of it. But he isn't prepared for the shocking discovery her secrets reveal. Or how they will forever alter the course of his destiny. He has a decision to make. Hold tight and shut her out. Or take a chance on something more powerful than he's ever faced: Love

Comments:just started it .. its action pack  
Originally posted by -Mystery-

Title:  The millennium series
Author:  Stieg Larsson
Genre:  crime/mystery/thriller
Brief Synopsis: well it is a series consisting of three books, the first one is 'The girl with a dragon tattoo' the second book is 'The girl who played with fire' and the last book is called 'The girl who kicked the hornets' nest' 
Commentssorry dont know how to summarise without spoiling the book, but it is really commendable..especially if you love suspence and mystery this is the book for you😛

Hey thanx!
i always wonder which book to read..
this is really helpfull...😃
Title:  Divergent
Author:  Veronica Roth
Genre:  Science Fiction 
Brief Synopsis:  In a futuristic Chicago where people are divided into five factions based on their personalities, a teenage girl learns that she is Divergent — a person who does not fit into any one faction -- and soon discovers a sinister plot brewing in her seemingly perfect society.
Title:  Vampire Academy series

Author: Richelle Mead  

Genre:  Fantasy/Romance

Brief Synopsis:  
St. Vladimir's Academy isn't just any boarding school—it's a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They've been on the run, but now they're being dragged back to St. Vladimir's—the very place where they're most in danger...

Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy's ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world's fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.(

Comments:
Different concept, unique from other vampire books. I can read it 1000 times over and over and never once will I feel "enough." Richelle mead's language is the cherry on the cake. I can guarantee never once you will regret reading it. 
Title : Messenger - The Legacy of Mattie J.T. stepanek and Heartsongs

Author : Jeni Stepanek 

Genre : Non Fiction 

Brief Synopsis (as from the back of the book): Jeni STepanek shares the inspiring and intimate details of her son's life. When Mattie was born with a rare disorder Jeni was advised to place him in an institution and "let nature take it's course". Instead, she nurtured a child who transformed his hardships into a world wide message of peace and hope. 

My comments: This was one of the most emotional books I have ever read. Mattie Stepanek is possibly one of the most inspirational figures I have read about. This young child's unconquerable spirit is at the center of his amazing tale and his life is an inspiration to us. His words are a Gift from God, and he was truly blessed... 

Warning: on reading this book be prepared to cry... I practically cried reading this entire book, so touching is this accounting of a life... 

A MUST READ!