Book Recommendations by Genres - Page 8

Posted: 8 years ago
Title : The Far Series (Never to Far, Rush to Far, Fallen to Far, Forever to Far ) all part of the Rosemary Beach Series
Author: Abbi Gline

Genre: New Young Adult Romance

Synopsis: 

The wealthy son of a rocker. A tough farm girl from Alabama. Two step-siblings from different worlds. One summer in Rosemary Beach.

Title : Big Little Lies
Author: Liane Moriarty

Genre:  Mystery  

Synopsis: 

Sometimes it's the little lies that turn out to be the most lethal. . . .
A murder... . . . a tragic accident... . . . or just parents behaving badly?  
What's indisputable is that someone is dead.  

But who did what?

Title: The Husband Secret
Author: Liane Moriarty

Genre: Mystery

Synopsis:

At the heart of The Husband's Secret is a letter that is not meant to be read...

My darling Cecilia,
If you're reading this, then I've died...

Imagine your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret"something with the potential to destroy not only the life you have built together, but the lives of others as well. And then imagine that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive...

Cecilia Fitzpatrick has achieved it all"she's an incredibly successful businesswoman, a pillar of her small community, a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything"and not just for her. There are other women who barely know Cecilia"or each other"but they, too, are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband's secret.

Oh Gosh!
This place is so good!
I'll finally have a clear vision of the books I want to pick from the library shelves and the ones to stack on my own bookshelves!
Thank You so much to the maker and all those who have contributed to this thread.
But I must say one thing...
"Hi! I'm Aru. And this is my first post in this forum! ;) "
Oh God yes! It's finally Books!!!
If comics or comic strip is what you are looking for then, you have to, have to read all the comic strips of Calvin and Hobbes!!! It is amazing. Bill Waterson has very efficiently and sweetly tried to bring out all the perspectives of life in a very light yet hitting manner through a small kid (Calvin) and his imaginary friend/soft toy (Hobbes).
Sometimes they hit you in such a manner that you just can't help but sit and marvel! :)

All his comics are available in a four book collection. It is a collection worth having for life!

Ohhh!!! Asterix comics are really really good too!!
Edited by .Calvin. - 8 years ago
Originally posted by kubare

<font color="#990066" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Title : Big Little Lies</font>
<font color="#990066" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Author: Liane Moriarty</font>

<font color="#990066" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Genre: Mystery </font>

<font color="#990066" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4">Synopsis:</font>

Sometimes it's the little lies that turn out to be the most lethal. . . .
A murder... . . . a tragic accident... . . . or just parents behaving badly?
What's indisputable is that someone is dead.

But who did what?

Hey Krishu! Hi, nice to see you here...
I recently read this book and absolutely loved it. A must read for all.
Originally posted by Memyself09

Hey Krishu! Hi, nice to see you here...
I recently read this book and absolutely loved it. A must read for all.

Yes truly an awesome book...
Title: Till The Last Breath
Author: Durjoy Dutta

Genre: General Fiction

Synopsis: 

Till the Last Breath describes the story of two patients gets admitted to room no. 509 at GKL Super Specialty Hospital and two doctors who try their best to save the lives of these. Death looms in the cramped up hospital room as the patients struggle to survive and the two doctors try to keep them alive, risking their medical licenses. One patient, a nineteen year old medical student, is diagnosed with an incurable, fatal disease delivering her to a slow and painful death. The other, twenty-five year old drug addict is slowly dying as all his organs are slowly shutting down. Despite the hopelessness of their situation, the doctors push the barriers by trying to save the lives. This challenges their medical ethics and their own reasoning in using unapproved experimental methods to prolong the lives of the youngsters. Till the Last Breath is a sensitive yet thrilling novel that explores ideas of life and death. It also touches upon notions of morality and of past demons that influence thought and action. The author, Durjoy Datta explores themes of action and consequence through the story of the protagonists. 

Title:If It's Not Forever: It's Not Love
Author :  Durjoy Dutta & Nikita Singh

Genre: General Fiction

Synopsis:

When Deb, an author and publisher, survives the bomb blasts at Chandni Chowk, he knows his life is nothing short of a miracle. And though he escapes with minor injuries, he is haunted by the images and voices that he heard on that unfortunate day.
Even as he recovers, his feet take him to where the blasts took place. From the burnt remains he discovers a diary. It seems to belong to a dead man who was deeply in love with a girl. As he reads the heartbreaking narrative, he knows that this story must never be left incomplete. Thus begins Deb's journey with his girlfriend, Avantika, and his best friend, Shrey, to hand over the diary to the man's beloved.
Highly engrossing and powerfully told, If It's Not Forever . . . tells an unforgettable tale of love and life.