Phulwa

newTOI articles on Sargun,21,22updt-pg8

tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
heres anoder TOI article on sargun.

I don't believe in hiding behind the 'Just Friends' tag: Sargun

The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Ano PatelAno Patel, TNN | Jan 3, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

I don't believe in hiding behind the 'Just Friends' tag: Sargun
Sargun Mehta

She is the one to take on to challenges easily. Although acting was not on her mind at all, Sargun Mehta landed in the world of showbiz and has now made a name for herself in the industry. Having acted in 12/24 Karol Bagh and Phulwa and an episodic of Teri Meri Love Stories, this Delhi girl is now juggling between daily soap Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, and reality shows Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe and Nach Baliye 5. TOI chatted with Sargun on her different small screen outings and more

Acting chops

I never had any plans to become an actor. I was ready to go to the UK to pursue masters in marketing. Since I was involved in a theatre group in college, I got the offer for my first show there. My mother told me that I should give it a try and if I don't like it, I can carry on with my education. The best part of my first show was that it was shot in Delhi (my hometown) and I did not have to move to Mumbai for it.

Lot on the platter

With so many things happening, I have a crazy schedule running from one set to another. For the last two weeks I could manage to sleep for only two hours, that too between shots on the sets. I decided to do comedy (in Comedy Circus) because I wanted to prove to myself whether I have it in me. Whenever I saw stand-up comedy, I used to wonder how they did it. I was always intrigued by their work. So I decided to go for it.

Mush mush hota hai

Ravi (Dubey) and I met on the sets of our first show and became friends. We gradually fell in love. I have never hidden my relationship from my family or even the media. I don't believe in hiding behind the 'Just Friends' tag. It was my decision to be with Ravi. We were never in the phase where we thought 'let's just date'. We are totally committed to each other and that is why we also decided to do Nach Baliye.

Episodic vs Soap

I played the lead in an episodic of TMLS. We really enjoyed shooting in Kashmir. The series worked well with the audience, but I feel how long can somebody watch the episodics. Viewers cannot connect to characters in such shows. If every story and actors have to be different for each episode, what will be the difference between TV and movies?

I, me, myself

I am quite balanced in life ' very bubbly on one hand and fierce with my work on the other hand. I love watching movies, not for the sake of watching, but for eating lots of popcorn and nachos and sipping cold drink! I am a huge foodie and love eating out with friends. I don't do workouts at all. I also enjoy reading during my spare time.
Edited by tiny15 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

beebutterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing Dolly!😊

It's great how she approaches things with zeal and confidence. Not everyone can be like that, so kudos to her! :)
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
thanks dolly

very fair and confident answers by sargun 👏 liked her confidence
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. 

Sargun seems to be quite a confident and happy person. Good for her. Liked the answers she gave. quite clear about what she wants and how to go about it. 😊
tiny15 thumbnail
heres an article on ravi but they'd also asked him many quesns abt Sargun. so posting it here.

Wedding bells will ring soon: Ravi Dubey

The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Vinita ChaturvediVinita Chaturvedi, TNN | Jan 16, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

URL copied to clipboard

Wedding bells will ring soon: Ravi Dubey
Ravi Dubey

Serials like '12/24 Karol Bagh' and 'Saas Bina Sasural' saw Ravi Dubey carving a niche for himself as an actor, who stands by all things subtle. Hence, it is really interesting to see him competing in dance reality show 'Nach Baliye', which is all about flaunting your expressions and attitude with a vengeance. Ask him how difficult it is, and the soft-spoken lad says, "It is tough, but I'm enjoying it because I love challenges." With this, he settled down to a relaxed chitchat with TOI on his maiden visit to the city:

You practice Buddhism, so did you get to visit Deekshabhoomi?

Much as I wanted to go there, I couldn't make it. It was a very hectic visit and we had absolutely no time on hand.

Dance reality shows generally tend to bring out the worst in a couple because of crazy rehearsal hours and frayed nerves. So, how are you and your girlfriend Sargun Mehta coping with it?

Of course, we have our own share of fights, but that is because I tend to argue about each dance step. Sargun, on the other hand, is very accommodating. But, I feel it is better to disagree than disrespect your partner. While gruelling rehearsals tend to tire us out, we are loving the time we get to spend together.

You and Sargun have been together for two years now. When are the wedding bells likely to ring?

They will ring soon, very soon! Our families will meet and take a call at the right time, which is not far off now.

Doesn't your girlfriend get little jealous, when Shilpa Shetty compliments you in her bindaas manner? Shilpa Shetty is gorgeous, but I have a stunner of my own. So, my girl need not be any more jealous than she already is!

You are a tele-star, but all the limelight in your reality show is hogged by Rahul Mahajan and Sania Mirza...

As far as Sania Mirza is concerned, she is a great sportswoman, who has made the country proud on numerous occasions. She is such a nice and friendly person, I don't know why people tag her as a snooty girl. And speaking of Rahul Mahajan, he is extremely warm and lots of fun. So, he deserves all the attention that he gets!

TV actors like Sushant Singh Rajput and Barun Sobti have veered towards films. Does that filmi track lure you too?

Honestly speaking, I pray to tread that track! But, I don't aspire for big-budget films or commercial projects; my dream path is made of intelligent, crossover films, which have great scripts and meaty roles.

Would you be open to a reality show like Bigg Boss?

Why not! I really enjoyed watching it and would love to be a part of it someday! The only problem is that I have an erratic sleep pattern. If I'm allowed to sleep in the night, I'm going to enjoy such a tryst.

beebutterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Liked his answers, and he and Sargun are obviously very good together so wish them all the luck.😊

But makes me think after Ajay getting married, here's news of Sargun tying the knot same soon...just the same way they got new shows right after each other, hehe, nice to see some connection staying between JayGun! 😛
tiny15 thumbnail
Originally posted by: beebutterfly

Liked his answers, and he and Sargun are obviously very good together so wish them all the luck.😊

But makes me think after Ajay getting married, here's news of Sargun tying the knot same soon...just the same way they got new shows right after each other, hehe, nice to see some connection staying between JayGun! 😛

@bold so true & i agree wid u.😊but now i hope & wish they both again cum 2gether as lead pair on-screen soon.😊😃😃
Ameres thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Dolly! 

Ravi sounds like such a sweet humble guy and guess he is. Really like the way he takes care of Sargun it shows esp on NB, he is too sweet. And they both look cute together, wish them all the luck for their future! :))
tiny15 thumbnail
heres new TOI article on Sargun on her views abt comedy.

Government needs to do a reality check on humour: Sargun

The writer has posted comments on this articleBy Vinita ChaturvediVinita Chaturvedi, TNN | Jan 18, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

URL copied to clipboard

Government needs to do a reality check on humour: Sargun
Sargun Mehta

RELATED

Telly actress Sargun Mehta told NT on her visit to Nagpur that it's high time humour is taken with a pinch of salt

Whether it was her middle-class defiance in 12/24 Karol Bagh, her stark innocence in Phulwa, her tough-as-nails attitude in Kya Hua Tera Vada or her twinkle toes moves in Nach Baliye, Sargun Mehta has held her own in almost every genre on telly.

But, this versatile actress surprised almost everyone when she matched wits with Kapil Sharma in Comedy Circus with aplomb. And even though she has taken a short sabbatical from the show to focus on Nach..., Sargun says, "I love to dance, but I feel when you are competing in a dance show, most of the fun goes out. So, I plan to go back to comedy as soon as I'm through with the dance reality show." She got up, close with TOI on her visit to Nagpur...

Ask her as a newbie comic actress, what does she feel about the notice sent by the government's Broadcasting Content Complaint Council (BCCC), warning the entertainment channels not to carry 'crass, abusive, vulgar and double-meaning language with sexual overtones in the name of humour' and Sargun says without much ado: "I feel the government needs to do a reality check on humour! Youngsters are not taking all their lessons in life from TV or films. They are exposed to all kinds of content on their phones, computers etc., thanks to Internet. And today, a fifth class student is more aware about certain aspects of life than most of us. So, we need to take a mature look at these comic shows on telly. It's time we stopped being hypocritical in our approach; and we should look at humour in a more broad-minded way. It doesn't mean that we start endorsing cheap humour, but a dash of double meaning jokes is unavoidable in comedy shows today
Ameres thumbnail
Thank you Dolly for sharing! 😊

Agree with Sargun somewhat, you can't always blame TV for all the negative aspects and its parents responsibility to keep a check on their children and what they are watching on TV. Like she said no cheap or gross humor please but a bit of mature jokes are okay but they should be kept in limit. 
Well, safe to say to each his own. :)