tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
heres anoder TOI article on Sargun-Ravi's perf on NB

Ravi's dresses up as a woman

ByStuti Agarwal, TNN | Feb 24, 2013, 06.32 PM IST

Ravi's dresses up as a woman
Ravi Dubey & Sargun Mehta
Ravi Dubey wowed judges with his flawless Kalbelia act.

We have seen Ravi Dubey and Sargun Mehtapull up their dancing socks and entertain the audience with one mind-blowing act after another. But this time, they were out to prove their mettle.

The couple literally made the judges skips aheartbeat with their sensual Kalbelia dance, which is a Rajasthani folk dance, is generally done by the girls while the guys give live music. But we thought, let's make it different," said Ravi.

"When I came out of the make-up room, there were some guys on the sets who mistook me for a woman. It took time for them to figure out that I was Ravi. the credit must be given oto my make-up team," he added. His girlfriend, Sargun, was also pretty shocked. "I generally don't have any girly traits in me and my dance is pretty masculine too. So one day during rehearsals she came back directly from her shoot and was pretty shocked to see me in skirt and kajal. I had to take her aside and make her understand that her boyfriend is still straight and is very much in love with her," the hunk said.
beebutterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing!😊

Those folk dance are really hard to perform on, can imagine it must have taken lots of effort to dance on that, so that deserves all the appreciation they got. :)

Lol! Ravi must have gotten teased a lot and poor Sargun! Having to be reassured that way...it must have been really weird so can understand her reaction.😛😆
But that shows some serious dedication on his part so great!😛

Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing! ðŸ˜Š

Saw their performance and they were brilliant in it. 

LOL! Gosh, poor Sargun! Can imagine how awkward and weird it must have been for her to see her fiance all dressed up as a woman. But glad Ravi was able to convince her. ðŸ˜›ðŸ˜†
tiny15 thumbnail
heres anoder TOI article on Sargun-Ravi's perf in NB

Ravi-Sargun get a standing ovation

ByStuti Agarwal, TNN | Feb 28, 2013, 05.10 PM IST

in

Ravi-Sargun get a standing ovation
Nach Baliye-5 Ravi & Sargun
Ravi did the whole dance with Sargun sitting on his shoulders.

Standing out among the host of talent on Nach Baliye 5 is not easy, but Ravi and Sargun literally stood out and brought tears to the eyes of judge Shilpa Shetty Kundra by their act this week. 

The one-of-a-kind act saw Sargun perched on Ravi's shoulder (who was hidden by her gigantic ghagra) like a human stilt and dancing to Aaja nachle. They matched their steps to perfection and to onlookers it appeared as if only one person was doing the dancing. The challenge for the couple was to stay connected throughout their performance. And connected they were. Seeing the act, Shilpa got really emotional and tears welled up in her eyes. Judge Sajid Khan, who has the reputation of being hard-to-please, too termed it as "a finale performance". The couple got a standing ovation. 

"We could have chosen the easy way by doing a ball dance. But we thought of doing it differently. When we locked the concept, it seemed easy. During rehearsals, Ravi practiced his footwork and I practiced the upper body movements. Till then it was fine. But as soon as I sat on him for three minutes at a stretch, everything went haywire. I had to ensure that my entire weight wasn't on his neck. However, the 20 rehearsals we did every day left him with a lot of pain. But our gamble paid off and we got full marks," said an ecstatic Sargun. "By far it was the most difficult act that we had done. But we had to raise the bar since the finals are just week's away," said Ravi. 

"Besides my weight, my costume itself weighed eight kilos. Plus it was a huge dress, so Ravi not only had the weight on his shoulders he was also unable to see anything. To top it he had to take rounds of the stage and even walk up and down the stairs. I was very scared," confided Sargun after the show.

Ameres thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. ðŸ˜Š

Wow! That does sound like an outstanding act and really kudos to SarVi for being able to do this. Big applause! 
Eagerly looking forward to this one and hoping with this they make it to the finals. 
beebutterfly thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!😊

And wow! Too impressive! They put a lot of work in their performances and not only that, they are original as well which makes it a delight to watch. Really hope they win this final!
tiny15 thumbnail
heres anoder TOI article abt Sargun-Ravi abt NB

Nach Baliye 5 gets its final 4 Jodis?

TNN | Mar 5, 2013, 06.14 PM IST

READ MORE Sargun- Ravi|Nisha-Karan|Neelu- Arvind|Nach Baliye 5|Jay- Mahhi
Nach Baliye 5 gets its final 4 Jodis?
Amar-Charlie

Star Plus' dance reality show, Nach Baliye season 5 is now heading towards its finale where the audiences will witness the winning Jodi ofNach Baliye 5. 

After all the doldrums of celebrity guests pouring in, wild card entries happening. Finally the season has got its final 4 Jodis along with the second last elimination that took place.

And if sources are to be believed than the youngest and most energetic couple Kunwar Amar and Charlie Chauhan has bid adieu to the stage with their last performance along with D3 cast. 

Last week, when Govinda made an appearance on Nach, the judges were not so pleased with Amar and Charlie's performance as they expected hard work and great dance moves from them, which the couple failed to deliver. 

With this elimination 4 Jodis namely- Nisha-Karan, Neelu- Arvind,Sargun- Ravi and last but not the least Jay- Mahhi will fight for the last elimination that will take place next week.
Ameres thumbnail
Thanks for sharing. 

Wow! RS are in top 4! But wait what about Suhasi and Jaysheel? They are there too no? :S
Khair lets see, just hope RS make it to the finals!
beebutterfly thumbnail
Thanks for sharing!😊

Really want Ravi and Sargun to be in the last three. They deserve to be! Looking forward to some great performances this week too.