tiny15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago
heres anoder article. i m pasting only sum part which has Sargun -ravi

Arshad Warsi-Boman Irani on Nach Baliye 5

TNN | Mar 13, 2013, 01.40 PM IST

Arshad Warsi-Boman Irani on Nach Baliye 5
Boman Irani-Arshad Warsi

While everyone is very excited for the final results, this weekend the entertainment level will be super say bahut uppar. Arshad Warsi andBoman Irani came on the Nach ka Manch for the promotion for their up-coming movie Jolly LLB. 

The actors were extremely elated to watch the performance by the top 5 jodi's. The guests even stepped on the dance floor to dance with the contestants in various occasions. Jaccky Bhagnani, also came for the promotion of his upcoming movie. The talented actor andbrilliant dancer shook-a-leg with the contestants on the famous Gangam style song.

While there was a lot of dancing by the guests, the contestant's performance will be something to look forward too. Ravi and Sargun ek aur ek gyara act swiped the Judges off their feet with their breath taking performances. This is not all the popular jodi of Jay and Mahi's performance again proved that they are not going to make it any easy for their contenders to come close to the trophy.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tiny15 thumbnail
anoder TOI article on sargun -ravi.

'Nach Baliye 5' finalists Ravi-Sargun thank viewers

IANS | Mar 18, 2013, 03.38 PM IST

'Nach Baliye 5' finalists Ravi-Sargun thank viewers
Ravi Dubey & Sargun Mehta

Ravi Dubey and Sargun Mehta, one of the four finalist couples of dance reality show " Nach Baliye 5", have thanked the audience for helping them reach the finale stage.

The finale of the Star Plus show will be aired March 23.

"There is a lot of excitement and first of all, a lot of gratitude as we have reached here only because of the love and support of our audience," Ravi said here Saturday at the CID Veerta Awards.

"So, we are so full of gratitude and it's just a matter of a week, and we have the finale. We are looking forward to it," he added.

Stand-up comedian Bharti Singh, who was also a participant on the dance reality show "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa", is also rooting for Ravi and Sargun.

"You all will see, they are the winners of 'Nach Baliye'! They will surely win because all my votes are with them. I know they have worked very hard," Bharti said.

The other three finalist couples on the show are Neelu Vaghela-Arvind Kumar, Mahii Vij-Jai Bhanushali, and Suhasi-Jaisheel Dhami.

The show kicked off Dec 29, 2012 with 11 couples.

Actress Shilpa Shetty, director Sajid Khan and choreographer Terrence Lewis are the judges on the show.

Edited by tiny15 - 11 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail
anoder TOI article on Sargun

I am a wedding dancer: Sargun Mehta

ByTejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Mar 19, 2013, 04.06 PM IST

inShare
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Sargun Mehta|Ravi Dubey|Nach Baliye|Madhuri Dixit|Govinda
I am a wedding dancer: Sargun Mehta
Sargun Mehta
Beautiful and vivacious Sargun Mehta along with her beau Ravi Dubey is seen in the celebrity dance based reality show Nach Baliyeon Star Plus. The show is heading towards its finale which will telecast on 23rd of March. 

Now with only three jodis battling out for the finale Sargun Mehta, who is not a trained dancer rates herself, "One can call me a wedding dancer because I simply enjoy the wedding dances. I am a wedding dancer." 

Sargun further explains, "The moves are pretty easy and also looks good with all the dresses and decorations. I wish all the moves are easy like that." 

Sargun feels the toughest process in the dance is the calculation of steps. "During rehearsal I am always very cautious to catch the right steps with the choreographer and Ravi." 

Sargun's favourite dancers of all time are Madhuri Dixit and Govinda. "Madhuri Dixit's grace and Govinda's rhythm can anyone beat this?" She ends. 

We wish Sargun and Ravi for the finals!!! 

Edited by tiny15 - 11 years ago
tiny15 thumbnail
anoder TOI article on Sargun

Don't agree with the concept of actors quitting shows: Sargun

Akash Wadhwa, TNN | Mar 20, 2013, 11.11 AM IST

A
A
Don't agree with the concept of actors quitting shows: Sargun
Sargun Mehta
Dance with me Actress Sargun Mehta, who has done serials like 12/24 Karol Bagh, Apno Ke Liye Geeta Ka Dharmayudh and Phulwa is presently enjoying her dancing stint with real life partner Ravi Dubey in Nach Baliye. "Punjabi hoon toh naacha toh maine bahut hai, but only in marriages. I was not born with two left feet, but before doing Nach Baliye, I didn't know the details of dancing," says Sargun during her visit to Lucknw. 
And it is because of dancing on a reality show, that Sargun, a tomboy in real life, has got the best and worst compliment of her life. "And that is: 'Aaj aap ladkiyon jaisa naachi'. Though initially, it used to be like a comment to me when the judges on the show would say this, but later on it became a compliment. Frankly speaking, dancing is training me to be girly," she laughs, adding, "I am not a typical 'girlish' kind of a girl. In fact, my present onscreen character in Kya Hua Tera Vaada is also not of a typical girl. It is quite like me - a tomboy." 

Shaadi mubarak? There is more than her newfound feminity that she owes to the dance reality show. "My boyfriend, Ravi, proposed to me on national television and we will be tying the knot by the end of this year. I don't know if I am ready for marriage, but my mom definitely is. She has been waiting for me to get married for the longest time. I am all set for a lavish Punjabi wedding!" she shares. 
Quit Pro Quo? No Way! While so many actors are quitting shows, dissatisfied with their tracks in the serial or for better work, but Sargun says she is not one of them. Her present serial, Kya Hua... might not be doing so well, but she has high hopes from it. "I don't think it is smart enough to quit a shoe because of someone's track. We actors are just there to deliver scenes. I don't agree with the concept of actors quitting shows. Bahut saare logon ki livelhood judi hoti hai ek show se," she opines. 
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for articles dolly

sargun's interviews r reall nice
,love her answering
tiny15 thumbnail
anoder TOI article on sargun

Ravi is very understanding: Sargun Mehta

TNN | Mar 21, 2013, 11.28 AM IST

Ravi is very understanding: Sargun Mehta
Sargun Mehta
In just four years of being in the entertainment industry, Sargun Mehta has found not just success but even love! An alumna of SacredHeart and Carmel Convent, Sargun swears on being a pure Chandigarhian at heart. In an interview with the TOI, Sargun candidly chats about her career so far and graduating to Nach Baliye finals with beau Ravi Dubey.

In a short span you've achieved a lot. Did you face the proverbial struggle to get here? 
I did a lot of theatre in Kirorimal College, Delhi for three years and that was my first interaction with this medium. Thereafter, frankly there wasn't much of struggle. Someone asked me to audition for a TV show four years ago, I did and was selected.

Why is it that all TV soaps begin with a fresh concept but sooner they fall into the cliched saas bahu sagas trap?
Because maybe, all of that is true. When I did Phulwa, which was again something out of the box and nothing run off the mill kinds, market research showed that women could not relate to Phulwa and that the character doesn't cry enough. Ironically, this is the audience of the TV. For a bahu shedding glycerine tears the TRPs were higher. And you have to show what sells.

But aren't Indian soaps highly unrealistic...larger than life characters waiting endlessly for their husbands? 
See, it's the masses who've made TV. So, despite finding it unrealistic, they love it. The fun of watching TV is all about what the characters wear, their jewellery etc. As for realistic shows, there are lot of shows that came along that way and were pulled off air. Exceptions like Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai, which was very close to reality but it still didn't strike a chord with a lot of people.

Any upcoming projects post Nach Baliye? Any Bollywood dreams?
I don't plan too much. I believe in taking one step at a time. So, particularly not Bollywood, but whatever comes my way I'm open to it as long as it interests me. And I've been starstruck with both TV and films. TV is a huge medium, so there is no gripping intention to join films. I'm already doing Kya Hua Tera Vaada and some other projects in pipeline. So right now I have my hands pretty full.

Since your boyfriend Ravi and you belong to the same industry, is it tough for couples in the same profession to find time for each other?
(Laughs) To each his own. But yes, it is very difficult to make time. There are days when we don't meet but being in the same profession the understanding is also more. You just have to try your best to make it work. And we've been together for more than two years now.

On screen you've played the character of an Alpha woman. Off screen, what is Sargun Mehta all about?
Its sort of hard for me to keep my mouth shut (laughs). And if there is something I feel which is incorrect then there is no stopping me. I don't care about the situation and to whom I'm speaking, which again is both a blessing and a curse. But then that is just me. And I love going out. Even if I worked constantly for 72 hours, I hate going back home.

Coming back to Chandigarh...what is it about this city which you miss being in Mumbai?
More than anything else, it's my family, and my teachers. I've been trying to fight that for the longest time but I haven't succeeded so far. And Chandigarh has lesser people, pollution and more peace, which Mumbai does not, sadly.

By - Ananta Shrikhand
tiny15 thumbnail
anoder article on sargun

Ravi and I will get married for sure: Sargun Mehta

Swasti Chatterjee, TNN | Mar 23, 2013, 12.09 PM IST

in

Ravi and I will get married for sure: Sargun Mehta
Sargun Mehta

Sargun
 Mehta who is seen as a Nach Baliye participant speaks about work, love and life.

What have been the landmarks of your career so far? I debuted in Karol Bagh which was appreciated. My second show Geeta didn't become popular but when I did Phulwa it became the turning point of my career. It was a hit and a critically acclaimed show which gave me recognition and creative satisfaction as well. Phulwa was the role of my career and I got to do all what a male hero would do from action to reaction. I got to learn so much as an actor. Such a role on television is rare especially when soaps are mostly full of family drama only. 

What is so special about Bulbul of Kya Hua Tera Vaada? The role of Bulbul in Kya Hua Tera Vaada is very interesting. Bulbul believes in family values and is independent like me. I relate with my character totally. Eighty percent of Bulbul is me only. The only difference is that unlike Bulbul I view relationships and love differently and I love my father whereas Bulbul hates her father. The circumstances she has been brought up in are responsible for her behavior and actions. The character is very strong. TV soaps have progressed so much in storytelling. Wide variety of shows are being made and audiences are very receptive to the changes. 

How is it working with Mona Singh and Mouli Ganguly? Mona Singh is a fabulous actress. She is fun to work with. We have lot of fun on the sets. I don't have many scenes with Mouli Ganguly who plays Anushka but off-screen she gives me lot of tips about Naach Baliye as she was a participant once. 

What you think of the competition in a reality show like this? Competition is crazy. It drives you crazy. Every time you have to be better than your last performance. The pressure is surely too much to handle. In a reality show competition is always there. Every actor should participate in Naach Baliye in his or her career. It's an experience which can't be put into words. 

How are you managing soap and a dance reality show together? It's a crazy schedule but then it is the age to work. Without pain there is no gain. I sleep only two hours at home these days and sleep in breaks of my shoot and rehearsals. I take short short naps. It's by choice I am doing these shows. My mother keeps calling me from Chandigarh to take care of health. 

How was your stint in Comedy Circus? It was fantastic. I have realized comedy is far more difficult than acting in soap. Kapil who was my partner is like an institution. Bharti, Krishna are all fantastic in their work. I opted out of comedy Circus because it was not practically possible for me to do three shows simultaneously. 

Is the bonding is stronger between you and Ravi now since you are participating as a couple? Ravi and I always shared a good bond and understanding. But after doing NachBaliyetogether we understand each other professionally more and we also understand each other's anger levels. Ravi is my emotional support. He knows I work for a daily soap too so he accommodates and plans everything in advance so that my time is just not wasted and I can concentrate on practice and performance. He is the best boyfriend one can ever get. 

Does announcement of scores scare you? Every time when scores are announced and elimination day comes it feels like your exam results are being declared. One goes through all the feelings and emotions which one experiences while waiting for the results. 

What are your marriage plans? It's for sure we want to get married. But I don't have time to think of marriage at the moment. Ravi Dubey and I are compatible. Our parents will decide when we will be getting married. It may be this year or next year. I believe in the institution of marriage. Marriage is for keeps. I am living one day at a time. 

Have you made new friends in naach baliye? It's a very good atmosphere as you get to interact with so many couples. We have gelled with al including Mahhi Jay. Rahul Dimpy andSuhasi Jaishel. One gets to observe and bond closely as we spend lot of hours on rehearsals as well as in shooting. 

You were learning cooking? How far you have reached? I can cook pasta and mutton. Full fledged dinner I still don't make. I have yet to learn cooking. I call up my mom in Chandigarh and on phone take cooking lessons from her. 

Don't you want to act in films? If something meaty is there or I am playing the main lead then only I will do a film, otherwise I am happy doing television. Acting is acting be is tv or films. Canvaas and grandeur is different and both mediums have there own charm. 

You are a great fan of SRK...Did you get a chance to meet him? I am a great admirer ofShahrukh Khan. He is the king of romance. If he romances a pole even a pole will fall in love with him. If I get to star in a film opposite him I will jump at the offer. I haven't even bumped into him anywhere. I have yet to meet him. Hope it happens soon. 

If you are offered big boss will you take up? When it is offered I will think. Never say never.

Are you into yoga or Meditation? No yoga or Meditation for me. The only thing I do is dance. It just leaves me tired and refreshed. It's the best way to de-stress. Dancing on the music of my choice really refreshes me I have never gone for like a full spa or anything. But I like going for massages. It's only when I get time that is. Or I just ask my maid to massage my hair. She beats my head for a while trying to release my tension. Head massage is extremely soothing and distressing. 

You are a homebody or a party animal? I am a balance of both. I can enjoy at home and as well as enjoy going out and partying with friends. I am very particular about the company I keep. I need to be comfortable with the group of people I move around with. I am not so fond of going to discos. Like once in a while maybe. I love going for dinner's and movies more
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
nice interviews
its really bad that people wants to see only kitchen politics and crying lady
Ameres thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing Dolly! ðŸ˜Š

Really? Woman couldn't connect to Phulwa? No wonder the channel was hasty in pulling it off but seriously whats wrong with the audience? Why can't they accept something new and refreshing? Why see the same old rona dhona? Beats me. This is why TV is called idiot box because some audience really likes to watch silly stuff with no message or meaning. Disappointing. 

Happy to hear they will get married soon. Wish them luck! 
tiny15 thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
frnds heres Sargun's orkut A/C address. i don't know now if shes active here or not but posting.

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Profile?uid=15056245235889943421
Edited by tiny15 - 10 years ago