Members Lounge

Opinion On Rape Law-Justice Verma - Page 5

Tia.0 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: KIARSHI

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4" color="#ff0000">their male organ should be removed and then they should be tortured</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4" color="#ff0000">in my opinion castration and then torture and then hanging is the aptpunishment for bloody rapists</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4" color="#ff0000">this will ensure that men will refrainrom doing such things to women and girls</font>

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4" color="#ff0000">also juveniles should be equally punished as inSaudiArabia</font>
<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="4" color="#ff0000">if they are old enough to do such heinous crimes then they are old enough for facing punishments</font>

Absolutely true. If you can rape, you can be punished. Under 18 does not mean anything when we are talking about rape.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dalvin07 thumbnail
these rapist should be tied up n pour acid on their manhood n let them suffer...just by hanging them is not enough...i know dis can't happen but pls, they must really suffer n die...they have no rights to live after what they have done 2 an innocent girl...
tahera57 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

castration and amptation of arms will disable them. they will not even be able to grope , and live to regret they ever did such horrile crimes,

being a minor is no excuse, if a minor commits an adult equal crime, punishment should be the same.

police should be punished for not dealing with the matter appropiately.

all police interview rooms should have cctv. and used as evidence if someone complains about  not   taking right action towards catching the culprits. 
Xarina thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Valid views made by everyone.  However Shiningstar and veekay07's comments are very noteworthy and I support them whole heartedly.  My views are:

1.  We do need the police to have pride in their work and to remember that they are there to serve the public and not just the politicians.  From what I hear their pay is pitiful and due to this some seem to want to work to rule. 

1a. Weed out all the corrupt officers. A new recruitment drive is need to employ more and effective police who know the law and uphold it.  More women officers to be recruited to do effective policing (that word again).

2.  Perhaps take on outside help to see how other countries, i.e Europe, US etc deal with rape victims.

3.  If rape suites cannot be set up in each police station then there should be stations that are fully equipped to take on such cases.  Any victim reporting a rape can be processed there.

4. More judges to be sworn in.  Male and Female. 

5. The age of 16 should be the cut off point for all juveniles with criminal culpability reduced to 12.  Many by then should know right from wrong.

6.  Tougher sentences to be passed down and not to be reviewed by just on person.  Nobody should have the right to quash a sentence without consultation.

7.  As for the low lifes who carried out the atrocity against Amanat and others I still believe that they should be given the harshest and demeaning of punishments, be it cleaning out the sewers of the city, with cut hands, working in chain gangs to improve roads, etc. Or my favourite.  Sign them over to medical labs in the name of science, medicine and such.  They can be experimented on like animals.  They will spend every day the rest of their lives in constant pain with no recourse to pain killers.  This punishement should be available for those who a sexually abuse minors too

Well that is that for now.  Maybe will come back later and add more.

Edited by Xarina - 11 years ago
-MKB- thumbnail
a very good initiative 
according to me rapists should be castrated and then handed over to the public ! 
and no even minors should not be saved from such punishments 
Its very hard to compensate for the agony, fear and  humiliation that the rape victim faces, no human being should face such horrible situation...i suggest the most harshest form of punishment for the criminals, be it death by hanging, chemical castration, so that people do not dare to commit such heinous crimes...

Kookiemonster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Death Penalty is not enough.
They should make such an example out of these criminals by punishing them harshly.
They need to suffer, Death will not stop another man from raping woman.

-Nymphadora- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Rapists should be punished-irrespective of whether they are juvenile or no
whether they are under the influence of alcohol or no,they should be punished
a Rape is a crime, irrespective of who it is done by or why is it done

Capital Punishment-they should be given all the possible types of torture in there is in this world,castrate them starve them, amputate all their armsand they should be hanged publicly-either by the victim or if the victim is no more her kin

we should have a specially created department within the police within a state or district(dependent on the population) that will only handel such cases
Also policewomen should be hired in a larger number

An FIR Should be lodged immediately by the police personnel-if not a strict action should be taken against them

Fast track courts,the hearings should begin within the next two to three days post the filing of the case

there should be midnight patrolling and CCTV cameras installed and a regular surveillance should be done of what is happening at the streets specially at night

a very important thing-the rapists shouldn't be protected neither should thier identity be hidden,if an incident happens the rapists name-along with photographs and other details should be published in local and national newspapers by the govt-everyone deserves to know who were those 🤬 who did such a thing-it may also act discouraging to those who may think of doing such acts

A data base of all Rapists/Rape accused should be maintained.

A Database of all eveteasers and milestors should also be maintained,and all of them should monthly be reviwed for thier behaviour.

A Toll Free contact number-available 24*7 for the aid of women with respect to such matters

People with Crimilal Records should not be allowed to contest elections at all-at present 6 Rape Accused are in out Parliament-disqualify all of them-we dont deserve to have such creeps as part of our parliament

Schools and colleges should teach girls the very basic tools of self deffense

Remove Z level security for useless politicans and use the same personnel to patrol streets and areas during the night

i hope the police as mentioned is given more power(as well as a better pay) along with a better system through which they can operate

all said and done-i hope all the suggestions given are taken seriously

VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Putting them behind the bars and releasing them even after 30 years will not be equal to the pain and suffering the girl went through before dying. An innocent girl's life was destroyed in such a cruel way which i feel like crying by even thinking of it. Even death punishment seems less compared to the crime these rapists have done. They will need to be thought a lesson and the punishment given to them should be a strong one that would give chills to the rest that they would not even imagine of raping in their dreams.
Nikki_Titli thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: shinningstar

- age of minor be reduced to 14 

- trails so be done in 3 months-6 months.
- no bail for rape accused
- no parole for rapists/accused
- no mercy petition for rapist
- stoned/permanent castraziation  and then hanged publicly once proven guilty.
- gender sensitization and laws be made compulsory to be taught in schools.
- victim 's statements and interrogation be video recorded so that cops do not cross their limits when questioning..since some questions will need to be asked but the way its asked is the point. also in case victim turns hostile or dies or is killed ...evidence is still preserved.
- lady officers and victim's lawyer should be present when questioning is done to the victim.
- online fir registration.
- cameras be installed on cross roads to stop all kinds of crime.
- any cop refusing to write the fir should be dismissed from duty immediately.
- separate section in police for rape cases.
- when medical examination is done for the victim a copy be given to victim as well as police and evidence samples (semen) have to be restored till case is closed and verdict given.
- option for double medical examination of the victim be there in 2 separate hospitals.
- person examining the victim should not be related in any way to the victim to avoid conspiracy ( it does happen these days ) .
- doctor found tampering the evidence should be barred, license cancelled  and sentenced to jail for 5 years.
- any person found tampering the evidence should be imprisoned for 5 yrs.
- any person making vulgar comments on women ( one or many ) on being proven be sent to 3-6 months jail ( politicians seem to make its style about commenting on girls' character  )
- caught eve-teasing 6 months jail 

pan cards details online should reflect if the person has been caught tampering or barred or jailed etc.

pan card be made more like complete detail nos. so person crime records too be reflected that way person eveteasing /molesting etc will have a control else else they may remain unemployeed.

i truly second these suggestions...
jst want these devils to suffer very much till their last breathe...and also AGE shud nt be considered..if they can commit such crime evn aftr bein under aged then they also deserve to be punished severely...