Users

Frequent Posters

adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: jazz89

Read first and second chapter πŸ˜Š
loved the introductory line
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife."πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Waise...am' curious...is this quote by some body already or just coined by JA for this particular story...?..πŸ€“πŸ˜†
jazz89 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: adi2512

Waise...am' curious...is this quote by some body already or just coined by JA for this particular story...?..πŸ€“πŸ˜†

Jane austen had written it but i read somewhere that she often quoted her fav writer Dr Samuels Johnasson in her novels... but it is not clear that it is his quote or written by jane herself
anshurg5 thumbnail

Not clear about it. Though for me it is written in JA style ,humour and sarcasm both are there ,JA characteristics . So may be written for this particular story only.😊
Edited by anshurg5 - 11 years ago
jazz89 thumbnail

Jane austen had written it but i read somewhere that she often quoted her fav writer Dr Samuels Johnasson in her novels... but it is not clear that it is his quote or written by jane herself

Waise the quote is hilarious πŸ˜†
fits perfectly on mothers( in my case its my sis who wants me to get married😑 although i am 23)
adi2512 thumbnail
Mr. Bennet - A typical husband whose wife is not an intellectual equal with him...yet takes a certain amount of pleasure on  her idiosyncrasies...
Not able to keep a check on her...a meek soul...may be b'coz of his love towards her...πŸ€”

Mrs Bennet ( as they say in Hindi naa - " Nautanki...!!!" ) - Haaww...the picturization of her in the BBC version - SOOO fits the bill..and of course of Mr. Bennet too...πŸ˜†

A marriage out of Love or by a mere chance...!!!πŸ˜•
anshurg5 thumbnail

Any body here...I like Mr Bennet too... he has a great sense of humour... And Mrs Bennet, the typical loudmouth desperate mom πŸ˜†.. She cares too much for the money and riches... kind of showoff.. My god.. she is desperate to get her daughters married( Mota murga phasao typesπŸ˜†)... typical mother

If i observe Mr.Bennet character based on first few chapters only ,I will say he finds great pleasure in teasing her wife and appreciates her daughter Elizabeth only from the set of his five daughters
    Mrs.Bennet looks to me a silly but determined woman..
adi2512 thumbnail
Originally posted by: anshurg5

If i observe Mr.Bennet character based on first few chapters only ,I will say he finds great pleasure in teasing her wife and appreciates her daughter Elizabeth only from the set of his five daughters

AnShu...

Yup the introductory chapters do show his preference to Lizzy ., but he regards Jane too for her sensibility..though may not be as much as Lizzy...
Lizzy is his favorite of all...πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

anshurg5 thumbnail

Mr. Bennet - A typical husband whose wife is not an intellectual equal with him...yet takes a certain amount of pleasure on  her idiosyncrasies...

Not able to keep a check on her...a meek soul...may be b'coz of his love towards her...πŸ€”

Mrs Bennet ( as they say in Hindi naa - " Nautanki...!!!" ) - Haaww...the picturization of her in the BBC version - SOOO fits the bill..and of course of Mr. Bennet too...πŸ˜†

@Blue  He was not able to check her because he was too absorbed in his own world that he did not want to spare his time or efforts for that.

@Red   For me in BBC version Mrs.Bennet appeared more shrewd, mean and yet silly ,quite determined  to have her own way.

@Green  Their marriage was out of love but that love quickly waned away as soon as both saw the real face of each other.
Edited by anshurg5 - 11 years ago
jazz89 thumbnail

Love waned after few years πŸ˜†
jazz89 thumbnail
Originally posted by: anshurg5

Out of his five daughters, he loves his lizzy the most
Edited by jazz89 - 11 years ago