Debate : Who is Respnsible?

Posted: 11 years ago
                           Assault! 
                                                                 Abuse!

Rape!

Murder!

Provocative Act?  Pop Culture? or the Mentality? 

Often times when we hear about a sexual assault, some tend to blame the provocative act by the female counterpart, and some blame the pro culture but are these plausible reasons? 

What exactly is the root cause according to you?

"Provocative Act?  Pop Culture? or the Mentality?" 

Please join us to discuss the root cause of such incidences.

Please abide by the rules and respect each other's opinion!  Refrain from making any derogatory posts. 

Note: Please refrain from bringing in Race/ Ethnic/ Religious views!  All
points/ reasoning are to related to this topic and any unrelated topics are to be kept away!

Regards,

CC Team
Edited by MP_Radha - 11 years ago
reserved...will post my views

Very good and important topic to discuss. 
Edited by KS_Shreya - 11 years ago
--Reserved--

"A girl does not get raped for her clothes or provocative acts! She gets raped because someone rapes her!"

The best topic to debate atm.
*res*
reserved.😃

amazing threa🤗much needed thread😳

Un-reserving.

Rape is unforgivable crime .Some blame the woman , some blame the man and some strangely blame the fate .Its a cluster of reasons which lead to a criminal awakening of  rape.

Dis-respect to women

Well living in an Indian society made me realize how so ever bend they make the rules towards women ,its not going to help unless the normal people start respecting woman.Today the situation is such that we women cant go back home with full confidence that we will be back home safe. Why is woman not given the respect she deserves? Man,whether they say or not ,they consider women beneath them. According to a engineering student(3rd year-senior of mine) he thinks women are made for manly pleasure. Dis respect to women is written all over his words.

Still asking the women to change,not the men
why are the great so called 'swami's' and politicians after women asking them to wear cultural dresses? Why cant we wear the dress we prefer? Do we go and harass men if they are walking on road without a shirt ? Then why cant men follow the same path and let us live our life? Even women wearing salwar suits are raped, why dont we have anyone asking the men not to bother women?

Women are asked not to go out after 7 PM . Firstly , dont rape occur in morning? what is the fault of the girl? Did she go to the guy asking to rape? If a parent has two children one child is mischievous and other is polite , the mischievous one creates problem ,parents scold the mischievous child and take him into the right path .Right? why dosnt this rule apply in rape cases? Why cant the society ask the men not to go out since they are the problem creaters?

Society is not bothered

The whole society is protesting against the delhi rape victim's death , still rapes are happening in this society. People are not bothered to go on the realistic side. The victim was on road bleeding without any help for around 2 hours. Its time for the society to let the action speak rather than the wordly protest.

Lenient rules.
When the crime is so big, why are the rules so culprit sided? why is it that raping and going for a 14 year jail period coming back seem such a simple process?  Some one said it right ,"If the girl was sent to Singapore for better treatment ,the culprits should be sent to Saudi Arabia for better punishment"

Edited by -najmeen- - 11 years ago
The first and foremost thing not only for girls but for all is "Our safety  is only in our own hands". If considering rape like cases then I think it is not the matter of clothes but it is the major factor of thoughts and illiteracy. This shows the moral values of individual person. 
I just noticing that indications to sex is everywhere around us... in songs picturized, in movies, in serials, in shows... don't u think this too much focusing on this issue is brainwashing youths mind to keep thinking this way whenever they see a woman infront of them?

The first thought they get is this rather that look at her as a human like him...

Mostly this is affecting guys who r not successful in their lives... they have nothing to lose, be it reputation, career, or happy family...

So I believe media, entertainment industry, education and corruption.. .. vast majority of movies is using woman as a sexual tool with community approval, then how can u ask youth to stop thinking of women in this way?!!
^Hey, well..I don't quite agree to what you said :) Yes, Bollywood and tellywood have shown some scenes which are sensual, but when we compare the scenes to what is shown abroad, it is nuthing! My friend's brother studies abroad. At 3AM, girls move around wearing bikinis an no one is even bothered! Then why are girls accused of 'provoking' guys to rape them when they wear decently good clothes(i have never seen someone wearing a bikini and moving around the streets in India!)

secondly, rape is, agreed many a times committed by unemployed/distressed people. However, there are many cases where guys earning well..working for MNCs have committed these crimes!

my views:
India has developed quite a bit in various sectors, then why does it lack socially? Why is STILL the girl blamed? Why does the ruling class come up with such absurd an UNACCEPTABLE statements? Is being a girl the victimns fault? Heck, is it even a FAULT? Why are always girls expected to maintain dignity. Have you ever heard of a guy getting raped? I haven't.

Girls should be careful! - Why? Don't we have a right to live a good life, fearless life like the guys? Coming to the question, who is responsible?

Seeing what is happening in the past few days, for me..its the MINDSET.
The other day, one person(I wont name) said girls should dress carefully. People refused, protested, he was correctly shamed by the media. Great job. But, when I re-think, what comes to my mind is that - according to that man - the mindset of SOME boys is so CHEAP, VULGAR AND LOW, that when he would see a girl in western clothes, he would POUNCE on her, rape her, and what? Murder her?

I hope this is not the case! Men have respect, they have shame, they have dignity..they are RESPONSIBLE. However, if a man thinks that girls are a usable property, akeli ladki-khuli tijori kinds, then he is spineless, shameless and not man enough!

Rapes should be dealt with.strictly in our country. As some say, "Dont teach us what to wear, teach them not to rape."

i'll be back! Lol..
the problem is that for some  men ,women are objects,utility, they don't think of women as human 
hindi movies,songs are somewhat(not totally) responsible  ...bcs in movies and songs a women's body is shown from top to bottom...the camera focuses on every part of her body as if she is something to eat,as if she is some kind of alien that everyone is curious abt...d the sad part is such movies/songs do very well in India...

in indian movies sex is always depicted as using of a woman's body by a man...just  as a  means of physical pleasure ... they never show it as a level, two mature,deeply in love,life partrnes take their relationship to...

girls are  eve teased by songs...why make  such songs which ppl can use to eve-tease girls...but I also know that  ppl 's mentality is responsible not songs.
I'm tired of writing essays after essays on this topic so I will sum it up in brief. The cause and effect of rape is all to do with mentality. The rapist's animalistic mentality of viewing women as objects and then the society's patriarchal mentality of blaming the victim for it. The crime against women are so prevalent in societies which aren't sexually liberated and unfortunately, ours is one of them. That's all from me. Rest, everyone's come up with very valid points (=