Views

Users

Frequent Posters

salta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: KaShSuJen

Impotant topic
According to me I think girl gets raped because of there clothing.And today's western culture people would think its actually cool and hot and all those stuff.I live in Australia and 12 year old girls show there tummy where shorts to short and have boyfriends and stuff.I think its because of there clothing because in Australian news this 13 year old got raped by her crush and she was very popular in her school.And I also think that mens get very dirty and they rape.Well it is a very important topic.Thank you for this topic.
-Sana

Sana, I wanna ask one thing, there are rapes on men too(if you are aware of that) what's responsible in that case...clothes, flirting, alcohol everything, it's one's individual choice and everyone should learn to respect other's individuality...
The main reason is the mentality of men as well as women undoubtedly, which thinks that if a girl exposes then it's for you... or she is available for you, and it's not about australia or US or UK or India...all the societies and culture were patriarchal, still they are, it's patriarchy which teaches people this bullshit.
And forget the age of 12 rapes have been done with as young as 2-3 years old kid, it hardly matters what she wears...
falsePromise thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Being a boy i know the feeling we(the boys) get when a girl wears a very short dress & shows her body...all boys get attracted by a girl who is showing her body desperately...and girls also have to admit that they do it to attract boys or to look more attractive among other girls...this is called sex appeal...we give her attention as she wants it...till this the matter is good & cute.

But where there is good there is bad too...girls forget/ignore that there is some other BAD human beings too...who wont give them what they want...girls may get the attention of good boys whom they want to...but they r also targeted by the bad ones...

But thats not mean u can blame a girl for wearing short clothes...it obviously the mental narrowness & ill-literacy that made them do such kinds of inhuman act...the people who do such kind of things like rape they will rape a girl even in salwar kamiz saree or burka !

So this kind of act can never be diminished from such a country where the women r severally dominated in every place...what is the protest for? what will it worth?..Politics politics & politics...itz too hard to change narrowness from persons who dont even want a girl to be born in their house.

And culture dont teach us what to wear but how to behave!
Edited by -SuperNatural- - 11 years ago
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Mindset of the people is of course the main root of the problem but here I see is people blaming men. Let us look to this matter with a different view. Men are of course the culprit but we women/girls are no less. Just think do we respect our gender? NO! We don't. Every other minute we criticize a female. Think of the person you hate most and 90% of you will definitely think of a girl. Many girls do wrong thing, its not right but we behind their back make stories out of it and keep discussing it in open. One may think whats wrong in it but without knowing anything and just by making assumptions we almost spoil the character image of a girl. Is it right? Doing so, things pass on from a girl to boy, from women to men. Now hearing all such imaginary stories what may men think? That girls don't have a character. Its the thing. Just for instance take you have a friend group and so does you brother have one. We girls tend to less loyal and less honest as in compare to boys. We girls aren't loyal! Accept it.
In no way am I defending boys. They ARE wrong but we girls are no less.
Its about mindset, but not just of men. Its of women too. How? Because women are ready to accept that they are inferior, making men think they are superior. In our everyday we have a evidence. Our mother and we, we tend to obey every small thing we are old too. Right or wrong never matters. We see our mother asking permission from dad for every small thing but ever seen dad taking permission from mother? NO! They don't. WHY? Cause we think, its men job. It is. But women's too. Men are to decide what color curtains we put in home, but are women to decide what color of chair should their husband keep in their office? Yes they have right and they should but they DON'T.
But you all mus be think how does this encourage such inhumane activities. Then when all these happen we see it out little brothers see it, our elder brother see it. Our brother from that time onward develop a sense of superiority thinking we women are nothing but just a robot who work on their order. Gradually as they grow up and things don't work out for them they want something that should satisfy them. Finding nothing they either start taking up drugs or look out for a girl for sexual need and pleasure. Here girl does not mean females up to age of 16-25 or somewhere near but it maybe a child of 5 years or a women age somewhat similar to our grandmother. What they die for is sexual pleasure. Same goes with men. Rape is not committed by boys of age 18-28 but as we saw boys of age 13 too and men of age 45, 61 too.
So what is it leading to? Contamination. Contamination of human mind.
Other factors are of course there but I am not stating them as everyone already did. This was something I didn't saw anywhere so I thought I should put this up.
And one more thing, we girls are born with a inborn moral and that is dignity. We are expected that we maintain dignity of our family, of our nation. It doesn't mean we are not allow to wear knee-length dress but there is specific way. Comparing India and US is of no use cause what I believe is US has its own culture and India too has it own. Both countries ought to differ.

One more thing, sensual scenes in movie like kissing, just kissing doesn't provoke one. Kissing never does. What does the way women are shown. Their character, they are shown cheap. Advertisement. Just I was check my post and see it is there. Wont it make men shift their gaze from main content to this? Not men, if any of you too saw wont you shift your gaze? These are what provokes one. I forgot the name but the girl released her nude picture after KKR won. Good enough? NO!

Okay I decided not to post the adv. here maybe I may get banned due to reason but we often find such adv.

P.S. Its just my views.

Edited by --Pooja- - 11 years ago
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Very serious subject.Being a Male,i may miss some of the debt of its pain but i can feel it to an large extent.
Recent discussions going on Indian and Western culture.If we study enough Indian culture(History not written by biased Historians),we can see India gave huge respected status to woman and it was not at all regressive.But after a certain period of time,for survival from foreign aggression,unfortunately it went regressive and rights of woman were reduced,caste-ism increased.During the colonial era,the materialistic idea of life entered into India and as a result-womanhood became the object of pleasure but it was limited to certain sections like Rulers/Upper caste.But in a contrast,after a period,Western thoughts helped us to leave the regressive ideas though the journey isn't yet complete.However materialism  is more prominent now.We have one life and we should enjoy it anyway-this idea may be disastrous.As a result,womanhood is becoming object of pleasure.No i am not blaming short-dress etc.I am talking about our over-all mindset,to respect womanhood.In US,rapes are also high and moreover,Free Society is there which has its own very problems.So we have to find our solutions on our own way,on our roots but at the same time,rights of woman must be maintained.As far short-dress is concerned,it may have some effects but it can't be blamed.It is the commercial use of sex and our mindset grieving for it is really matter of concern.It is definitely not to blame or not responsibility of a particular gender.Someone recently rightly said we have to bring back the root mindset which respected woman like Mothers but his statement was misreported.He was not over-all blaming West,he tried to indicate the materialistic side of western culture which i fully agree.At the same time,regressive mindset still has its effect on our society which actually does not belong to our roots also must be eradicated.
Next there lies Law and Order situations and the punishments.Not only rape case,over-all court cases must be fast and punishment should be more harsh.In rape cases,it must be life imprisonment or death penalty.Law and Order depends on the respective Govt-so people have choice to vote it out.
Edited by SwastikAshNi - 11 years ago
kiran_rati thumbnail
i strongly believe our law is 80% responsible for increasing of crimes
20% society thinking towards women, disrespect.
women must change their way of thinking
one one woman is assaulted or something like rape
the other woman will try to misjudge her even though they didnt know about her like her clothing, job timings etc...

salta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Now this debate has taken somewhere turn where there is really nothing to discuss...indian culture and western culture.
Now those who think that indian culture respected women in the past, this and that...it's nothing but a huge lie. No offense, but I'll give clearcut examples, and that too of reknowned and highly worshiped characters...
In indian mythology the person who is most perfect is Ram...he is the ideal man and sita ideal woman...a king who didn't had enough trust on his wife and he demanded an agnipariksha for her, then left her alone when a woman needs her partner most, in her pregnancy...
Indra, god of gods, a guy who is making out with every woman he like by changing his form, is the one who is assigned as the ruler of heaven.
In vishnu lakshmi, lakshmi is always sitting and massaging vishnu's legs and feet, while he's lying comfortably.
Such are the ideals of the great Indian Culture...look it's hard to criticize yourself, but that's the way you can change things.

Another point on western culture and short clothes...come on... it's just ignorance, lack of facts, and presumptions. The truth is that we used to wear much shorter clothes than them...imagine a saree without a blouse and petticoat...that's the original saree okay...blouse and petticoat were part of western dresses. Got to some tribal place and then you will see what is the original saree, and then u will see how much exposure is there.
Ninja. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I blame the Discrimination Between Men & Women. Like they say one learns the basic things at home. Therefore, if a mother or a sister doesn't get proper respect, it obviously creates a bad impact on the kids. And they end up thinking it's not a very big deal to respect women and they can be treated like a object.

People say that the short dresses provoke those bas***ds. But how can one easily forget that those who wear long dresses and all also get raped or eve-teased? In the end, do the people want to mean that only the women are to be blamed for all these? By going that logic, is there no difference between a decent man and a rapist or a eve-teaser if the woman is the only one to be blamed? 3 year old kids also get raped. So, they know how to provoke or seduce? SUCH A JOKE!

Until we give proper respect and value to the women, I don't think such things can be stopped. And the women need to raise their voice and give a damn about the society.
Edited by Ninja. - 11 years ago
PARVATHY44 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
First of all thank u so much for taking this particular topic into a debate session.
-Parents should teach their children(boys) from the very younger age onwards the importance ofwomen in the society and how to resect them
-Strict laws or punishment to be given to those who disrespect women by making bad comments and abusing them(eg:in Tamil nadu,only 2 or 3 rape cases r charged because in TN the laws r very strict and punishments r given immediately without much delay)Make TamilNadu as a rolemodelEdited by PARVATHY44 - 11 years ago
.dream-catcher. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Ninja.

I blame the Discrimination Between Men & Women. Like they say one learns the basic things at home. Therefore, if a mother or a sister doesn't get proper respect, it obviously creates a bad impact on the kids. And they end up thinking it's not a very big deal to respect women and they can be treated like a object.

People say that the short dresses provoke those bas***ds. But how can one easily forget that those who wear long dresses and all also get raped or eve-teased? In the end, do the people want to mean that only the women are to be blamed for all these? By going that logic is there no difference between a decent man and a rapist or a eve-teaser if the woman is the only one to be blamed? 3 year old kids also get raped. So, they know how to provoke or seduce? SUCH A JOKE!

Until, we give proper respect and value to the women, I don't think such things can be stopped. And the women need to raise their voice and give a damn about the society.

I agree 100% with you.

Last night around 2-3 I was with my sister in kitchen and we were talking about something. Due to pin drop silence our voice were easily heard outside our home considering we were near the window. Now we heard a man saying to other. "See there are girls inside" Now what does this say? Short Dresses? They heck didnt even see us but still passed comment.
Fault: No respect to women. Not by men neither by women themselves.
Edited by --Pooja- - 11 years ago
SwastikAshNi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@meghasingh-No,it's not matter of offence,any decent debate shd always be welcomed and if anything is wrong that is wrong
You have given the example of Ram-Yes i think who say he was compelled to do it as dutiful king misses a part,that as a king his duty was also to take initiatives to change the mindset.Only near to justification can be-it would look selfish,as a King he was taking advantage.Though i strongly feel,he was not right in decision at all though he never disbelieved Sita and he himself suffered a lot.I respect Ram for other many reasons but not for this.
Actually scriptures also has changed/added quite several times.It reflects the change in Indian Society.Puranas are mostly written in recent times and so,it largely regressive while Vedanta,Gita in their form can be accepted to the most extent as their contents are guidance of universal ism and equality.As for  West is concerned,it has lots of positives sides too.
Back to original discussion,mindset to treat woman as pleasure of object has to be changed and that not at the cost of freedom of woman.Both Man and Woman has share of responsibilities in it.
Edited by SwastikAshNi - 11 years ago