I did Nach Baliye only after a lot of persuasion

Posted: 11 years ago
I did Nach Baliye only after a lot of persuasion
Karan V Grover

Karan V Grover loves his job as a TV actor, but reality shows are not his cup of tea

TV Tattle
Actor Karan V Grover is happy with his work on television. While in Lucknow to promote his new show, Hum Aapke Hain In-laws, Karan says, "What's the need of doing films when I'm getting to do such great work on TV? TV is offering me so much variety. Films, on the other hand, are a bigger medium undoubtedly, but I'm not being offered anything interesting, so I'm happy being a TV actor. The only thing that I have missed out is doing fullfledged comedy. But my current show is giving me that also, so no complaints. Thankfully, TV has a very wide scope now. You no longer see those same saas-bahu sagas on TV. There's a lot of variety which satisfies the actor in me," shares Karan.

No reality shows
Having participated in Nach Baliye, Karan says he doesn't dig reality shows too much. "I can't participate in reality shows. They become boring after some time. I did Nach Baliye only after a lot of persuasion. And in between, I lost all interest and by the end of it, I was just trudging along. So, no reality shows for me - ever. As it is, I feel all such shows are ultimately the same - wahi ek type ki judging and wahi ek type ke contestants, whether they are celebs or the general public," avers Karan.

No hard feelings
The actor shares the same name as another TV star - Karan Singh Grover of Dil Mill Gaye fame. But no, he's never benefited out of the confusion, "I do get a lot of calls for work which are actually for the other Karan, but sadly, not one from any girl. I wish his girls would call me instead!" he laughs. And while we're on the topic of girls, we notice that he's going out of his way to avoid actress Kavita Kaushik, who was accompanying him on the Lucknow visit for professional reasons. Till just a few years ago, Karan and Kavita were a couple. "A lot of water has flown under the bridge since then," says Karan about his relationship with Kavita, "I had a wonderful time when I was with her but we've parted ways without any hard feelings.

Great interview and the pic is cute 😊

No more reality shows for him as he doesn't enjoy nice to see he is getting good work he will enjoy doing comedy! How cheeky he wants the other guys girls to call him I'm sure he will find someone nice he is definitely over kavita well said by him
thanks for sharing..its a nic iv..karan is perfect..gud luck for his new show..😊
Thanks for sharing 😊 Karan is such a sweet guy and i love all his interviews 😉😃
karan never talks against kavita...t4s...
nice interview. thnx 4 sharing
waiting to see karan in HAHILs...i'm sure he will rock...but will be difficult to accept the new jodi...i watch it only for karan

I also will be watching HAHIL only for Karan 😉😃
me too..i just wanna see him acting..and am ready to laugh at his comedy..wel am laughing frm nw thinkin abt his role..😆
Karan is really going to make us all laugh 😆