Sab TV launches 2 shows

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
SAB TV launches Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws and Tota Weds Maina

Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws and Tota Weds Maina 

SAB TV held a press conference today wherein they went ahead to launch two shows, namelyHum Aapke Hain In-Laws and Tota Weds Maina. Let's delve into each project one by one.

Sometimes it's a blessing and sometimes a lesson which you don't want to learn. But life and your in-laws will teach you life's lessons the most when you want to avoid them the most. And this show Hum Aap Ke Hai In-Laws is all about the blessings and lessons, suggestions and tensions we get from our in-laws because whether you want it or not, you like it or not, they will rectify all your flaws because as they say "HUM AAPKE HAIN IN-LAWS!"

Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws is a cheerful and light-hearted comedy on SAB TV that traces the journey of Gulshan Grover & Damini along with that of his in laws who happen to be a blessing as well as a nightmare by the sheer power of being his neighbors. The show explores the twists, turns and adventures in day to day situations for Gulshan and his wife Damini as they are surrounded by their in-laws who not only happen to be unconditionally loving but also unintentionally interfering. While the loving and doting in-laws strive to make life simple for the young couple, in the bargain they only land up complicating things. However, at the end of the day it's all about loving your in-laws.

For Karan Grover who plays Gulshan Grover and Pooja Pihal who plays Damini Grover, this is their first tryst with comedy. Karan, who is well-known for playing intense characters, will now experiment with the genre of comedy that will surely win over your heart and make you laugh out loud. This is Pooja Pihal's first tryst with comedy too; she has played extremely popular characters in serials on small screen.

Sharing more about the show, Karan tells us, "My role is of a head-over-heels husband who goes to unreasonable lengths to meet his wife's demands. My character is hilarious and extremely lovable because my acts and antics are always very innocently and unintentionally funny. I have never tried my hand at humour but I've given it my best and I hope my audiences love my new avatar."

On the launch of the new show, Anooj Kapoor, EVP and Business Head, SAB TV shares, "SAB TV has always propagated that 'Asli maaza SAB ke saath aata hai' and we emphasize on the importance of togetherness; our launch of the year 'Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws is the perfect reinforcement of our beliefs. This show is an endearing tale of the Grover family; it brings back the joys of togetherness and beautifully depicts the endearing bond between a couple and their in-laws."

Moving on to Tota Weds Maina. Well…marriages are made in heaven. Or are they? Not for Tota and Maina, who did find their respective Miss and Mr. Right but instead ended up marrying each other only to realise that marriages are, after all, not all heavenly. Had the two taken a compatibility test, they'd probably have been the least likely couple to get together. But little can be done after the milk is spilt. Tragic? Not even remotely, as SAB brings you one of the funniest rom-coms ever, with their latest show Tota Weds Maina hitting your television screens this January.

It's a light hearted comedy where the protagonist Tota gets married to Maina through a series of comic events in a mass community wedding. What unfolds is a hilarious journey of this couple with completely contrast characters. Tota is a simple, honest, sincere & a loving person whilst Maina is an adventurous, bold and talkative person who keeps falling in trouble as she believes that life is boring without any twists. In this process Tota always finds himself at the receiving end trying to manage the family and the comic troubled situation the couple gets in due to Maina's misadventures.

Anooj Kapoor further shared, "Tota Weds Maina is our first launch of the year. We have created the show as a young rom-com that the whole family will relate to. Every show we bring to the audience is progressive, entertaining and steeped in the values of Indian culture. We bring shows from every state of the nation and allow the audience to connect with the love and the sense of togetherness of various families from different corners. This one in particular will concentrate on the diverse cultural elements from Uttar Pradesh. "

The show is being produced by Miloni Pictures. Tota Weds Maina boasts of stellar cast like Kavita Kaushik, Gaurav Gera, Atul Srivastav, Samta Sagar,Vishwanath Chaterjee,Priyani Vani, Sandesh Nayak, Kajal Nishad, Surbhi Tiwari, Ishtiyaq Khan, Shyamlal, Eklavya Bhetaria, Simran Nadekar etc. The show is a hilarious journey of this newly married couple who while discovering their love for each other struggle with day to day situations of a joint family often triggered by Maina's adventures or Tota's innocent mistakes.