•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

A DOUBLE DOSE OF COMEDY ON TV NOW 

Tonight will see the launch of two new comedy shows on TV Hum Aapke Hain In Laws and Tota Weds Maina.Tellylands favourite theme marriage in some form or the other figures in both the serials.
Hum Aap Ke Hai In Laws traces the journey of Gulshan Grover (Karan V Grover) and Damini (Pooja Pihal),who are surrounded by their unconditionally loving also unintentionally interfering inlaws.While trying to make life simple for the young couple,the families end up complicating it even more.This is Karan and Poojas first tryst with comedy.Karan says,My role is of a besotted husband who goes to unreasonable lengths to meet his wifes demands.My character is hilarious and lovable because my antics are always unintentionally funny. 
In Tota Weds Maina,Tota (Gaurav Gera) gets married to Maina (Kavita Kaushik) in a mass community wedding,only to realise that they are as different as chalk and cheese.While Tota is simple,honest,sincere and loving,Maina is adventurous,bold and talkative.She believes that life is boring without any twists.In the process,Tota always finds himself at the receiving end of Mainas misadventures.About her character,Kavita says,Maina is an extension of me.She is adventurous and crazy.She is not scared of anything. Its a very different character compared to the cop role she has been playing in FIR.While I used to take hardly 10 minutes to get ready for FIR,since I hardly applied any makeup there,Maina takes me pretty long, says Kavita,whos excited about playing a different character after a long time.
Anooj Kapoor,EVP and Business Head of the channel,says,While Hum Aapke Hain In Laws reflects the endearing and colourful bond between a couple and their respective inlaws,Tota Weds Maina is a romantic comedy about a mismatched couple who work hard at making their marriage work. 
Hum Aapke Hain In Laws and Tota Weds Maina will launch tonight at 10 and 10.30 on SAB TV.

Tota Weds Maina 

Hum Aap Ke Hain In Laws 

http://lite.epaper.timesofindia.com/getpage.aspx?pageid=25&pagesize=&edid=&edlabel=TOIM&mydateHid=14-01-2013&pubname=&edname=&publabel=TOI

Every star / actor wants to be James Bond I too feel the same - Karan V Grover

Karan Grover who will be soon seen on Sab tv's upcoming show Hum Aapke Hai In Laws says, "with hum apke hai in laws I'm getting a chance to play a comic role, earlier I played the roles of a serious husband and other characters but this is different."

"I started with Saarthi my first television serial, I was with saas bahu saga but with this show I will be playing a comedy role which I've never acted before." 

So have you prepared yourself for this role? Karan -"no not at all I learn wherever I join, I would say my work is my classroom my set is my tution, there I always try to learn and get things done I'm a big learner!" 

As you are turning up for different roles are you looking out to step-up in bollywood? Karan - "no not yet I'm happy even if I'm working for television, actors always do so if they get a film they leave tv and feel great for being in films but I don't think so... for me both are similar." So you don't want to be in bollywood? Karan - "it is not like I don't want to but every other actor I meet or to whom I've known wants to be a star or want to be like James Bond... I too feel the same. But I'm waiting for the right time to come.

http://video.india.com/tv-gossip/3735/every-star-actor-wants-to-be-james-bond-i-too-feel-the-same-karan-grover.html

Edited by rubysk - 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing Ruby ðŸ˜Š
Thanks for sharing Ruby 😊 Can't wait to see Karan doing a comic role 😉😃
tfs ruby..looking forward to watch karan in a comic role..
i m also very excited 4 this show... becoz karan is doing comic role 4 d first time...
I hope that Karan's fans come and join this forum to support Karan 😉