Tota Weds Maina

||Tota Weds Maina Article Archives - NO COMMENTS||

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Welcome to

Here u will find all the articles related to the show n Cast.

Please refrain from posting any comments 😳

Regards

Swetha

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Two new shows on TV

Two new shows on TV

Tonight will witness the launch of two new shows on TV — Hum Aapke Hain In Laws andTota Weds Maina.

Hum Aap Ke Hain In Laws traces the journey ofGulshan Grover ( Karan V Grover) and Damini (Pooja Pihal), who are surrounded by their unconditionally loving — also unintentionally interfering — in-laws. While trying to make life simple for the young couple, the families end up complicating it even more. This is Karan andPooja's first tryst with comedy. Karan says, "My role is of a besotted husband who goes to unreasonable lengths to meet his wife's demands. My character is hilarious and lovable because my antics are always unintentionally funny."

In Tota Weds Maina, Tota ( Gaurav Gera) gets married to Maina (Kavita Kaushik) in a mass community wedding, only to realise that they are as different as chalk and cheese. While Tota is simple, honest, sincere and loving, Maina is adventurous, bold and talkative. She believes that life is boring without any twists. In the process, Tota always finds himself at the receiving end of Maina's misadventures. About her character, Kavita says, "Maina is an extension of me. She is adventurous and crazy. She is not scared of anything. While I used to take hardly 10 minutes to get ready for FIR, since I hardly applied any make-up, Maina takes me pretty long."

Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head of the channel, says, "While Hum Aapke Hain In Lawsreflects the endearing and colourful bond between a couple and their respective in-laws, Tota Weds Maina is a romantic comedy about a mismatched couple who work hard at making theirmarriage work."
Minionite thumbnail
SAB TV launches Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws and Tota Weds Maina
Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws and Tota Weds Maina

SAB TV held a press conference today wherein they went ahead to launch two shows, namelyHum Aapke Hain In-Laws and Tota Weds Maina. Let's delve into each project one by one.

Sometimes it's a blessing and sometimes a lesson which you don't want to learn. But life and your in-laws will teach you life's lessons the most when you want to avoid them the most. And this show Hum Aap Ke Hai In-Laws is all about the blessings and lessons, suggestions and tensions we get from our in-laws because whether you want it or not, you like it or not, they will rectify all your flaws because as they say "HUM AAPKE HAIN IN-LAWS!"

Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws is a cheerful and light-hearted comedy on SAB TV that traces the journey of Gulshan Grover & Damini along with that of his in laws who happen to be a blessing as well as a nightmare by the sheer power of being his neighbors. The show explores the twists, turns and adventures in day to day situations for Gulshan and his wife Damini as they are surrounded by their in-laws who not only happen to be unconditionally loving but also unintentionally interfering. While the loving and doting in-laws strive to make life simple for the young couple, in the bargain they only land up complicating things. However, at the end of the day it's all about loving your in-laws.

For Karan Grover who plays Gulshan Grover and Pooja Pihal who plays Damini Grover, this is their first tryst with comedy. Karan, who is well-known for playing intense characters, will now experiment with the genre of comedy that will surely win over your heart and make you laugh out loud. This is Pooja Pihal's first tryst with comedy too; she has played extremely popular characters in serials on small screen.

Sharing more about the show, Karan tells us, "My role is of a head-over-heels husband who goes to unreasonable lengths to meet his wife's demands. My character is hilarious and extremely lovable because my acts and antics are always very innocently and unintentionally funny. I have never tried my hand at humour but I've given it my best and I hope my audiences love my new avatar."

On the launch of the new show, Anooj Kapoor, EVP and Business Head, SAB TV shares, "SAB TV has always propagated that 'Asli maaza SAB ke saath aata hai' and we emphasize on the importance of togetherness; our launch of the year 'Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws is the perfect reinforcement of our beliefs. This show is an endearing tale of the Grover family; it brings back the joys of togetherness and beautifully depicts the endearing bond between a couple and their in-laws."

Moving on to Tota Weds Maina. Well…marriages are made in heaven. Or are they? Not for Tota and Maina, who did find their respective Miss and Mr. Right but instead ended up marrying each other only to realise that marriages are, after all, not all heavenly. Had the two taken a compatibility test, they'd probably have been the least likely couple to get together. But little can be done after the milk is spilt. Tragic? Not even remotely, as SAB brings you one of the funniest rom-coms ever, with their latest show Tota Weds Maina hitting your television screens this January.

It's a light hearted comedy where the protagonist Tota gets married to Maina through a series of comic events in a mass community wedding. What unfolds is a hilarious journey of this couple with completely contrast characters. Tota is a simple, honest, sincere & a loving person whilst Maina is an adventurous, bold and talkative person who keeps falling in trouble as she believes that life is boring without any twists. In this process Tota always finds himself at the receiving end trying to manage the family and the comic troubled situation the couple gets in due to Maina's misadventures.

Anooj Kapoor further shared, "Tota Weds Maina is our first launch of the year. We have created the show as a young rom-com that the whole family will relate to. Every show we bring to the audience is progressive, entertaining and steeped in the values of Indian culture. We bring shows from every state of the nation and allow the audience to connect with the love and the sense of togetherness of various families from different corners. This one in particular will concentrate on the diverse cultural elements from Uttar Pradesh. "

The show is being produced by Miloni Pictures. Tota Weds Maina boasts of stellar cast like Kavita Kaushik, Gaurav Gera, Atul Srivastav, Samta Sagar,Vishwanath Chaterjee,Priyani Vani, Sandesh Nayak, Kajal Nishad, Surbhi Tiwari, Ishtiyaq Khan, Shyamlal, Eklavya Bhetaria, Simran Nadekar etc. The show is a hilarious journey of this newly married couple who while discovering their love for each other struggle with day to day situations of a joint family often triggered by Maina's adventures or Tota's innocent mistakes.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: I don't feel the need to be in a relationship: Kavita Kaushik
By Iti Shree Misra, TNN | Jan 15, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

I don't feel the need to be in a relationship: Kavita Kaushik
Kavita Kaushik

Talking to TOI during a recent Lucknow visit, actor Kavita Kaushik said she is enjoying her single status

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT Actor Kavita Kaushik is happy making people laugh, again with her next serial. "Isn't that the best thing to do?" she asks while on a recent trip to the city to promote her serialTota Weds Maina. Another comedy we wonder, and she answers, "In FIR I am this bad cop who intimidates people. In this serial audience will see an absolutely different side of me. Here I play sweet and traditional girl. Frankly speaking, after playingChandramukhi Chautala for seven years even I was getting restless and wanted to do something different."
Apart from playing the Haryanvi cop, Kavita has also been seen as the venomous Manya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, the scheming Sakshi ofKutumb, the wily Porineeta in Tumhari Disha, and a lawyer in Remix. Kavita also did a cameo in Ram Gopal Varma's Ek Hasina Thi, apart from a telefilm called Padmalakshmi. "It's not as if I have only done comedy. I have played different characters too," she points out.

BORN FIGHTER Down with dengue but certainly not out, Kavita says she's every bit a fighter. "Why get scared of these small things?," she shrugs, adding, "I am not scared about anything. Recently, I had gone to celebrate New Year's on an island near Mumbai. On our way back we got caught in a storm and the yatch we were in was swaying crazily. But then also I wasn't scared. I was actually jumping on the deck and waiting for it to sink! I guess my fearlessness keeps me on going. I am suffering from dengue but it's my attitude that gives me the energy to fight it and carry on with life."

TOUGH TO PLEASE Having split from beau Karan V Grover Kavita, is enjoying her single status. "I am loving it. I am travelling like crazy, having a great time with my friends. Basically I don't feel the need to be in a relationship right now. There's no one I am answerable to ki kahan ja rahi ho, kya kar rahi ho. I am doing my own thing and loving it," says she. And if one's wondering what kind of man she is looking for, Kavita says, "He should be a superman. Look, I am a typical Haryanvi. I'm super-dominating and blunt and men get scared of me. In fact most are scared of even talking to me. A man should be confident and not get intimidated by a strong, independent girl like me. But sadly, tough men are a little hard to find," says she.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/I-dont-feel-the-need-to-be-in-a-relationship-Kavita-Kaushik/articleshow/18021106.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Gaurav Gera finds negative roles 'challenging'

Saturday, January 12, 2013 | 12:38:04 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)  

TV actor Gaurav Gera, who has always been seen in positive and fun-loving roles, says he wants to try essaying a negative character as he feels it will be challenging.

Gaurav gera

TV actor Gaurav Gera, who has always been seen in positive and fun-loving roles, says he wants to try essaying a negative character as he feels it will be challenging.

"I look like the boy next door, so I do those kind of roles and I like the work I do. I also feel that you become what you play. I like to play good-hearted and honest characters," Gaurav told IANS.

"I want to do negative characters too, but not for long. I don't want to be seen as negative from start to finish (in a show). I would like to do it as a challenge only," he added.

Gaurav, who has been a part of popular shows like "Sanskruti", "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin" and "The Great Indian Comedy Show", will next be seen in SAB TV's latest offering "Tota Weds Maina".

"I feel very positive about it. It's a very slice-of-life kind of show. It is very subtle with all its emotions. It is a family bonding sort of show," he said.

Gaurav is one of the few actors who tried his hands on TV, films and radio, as well as the live Bollywood musical "Jhumroo". He thanks the entertainment world for accepting him.

"I think I have been very lucky as I have played roles in all mediums like TV, ads, films, radio... I feel the industry has accepted me wonderfully. I love being an actor. I am lucky that even if I take a break, still I get stuff to do," he said.

And which medium is better - TV or film?

"I like both. The temperament is very different. In TV, deadline is the boss. Whereas in films, you have a lot of time. Both are very different and I feel I am able to manage both," he said.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13722-gaurav-gera-finds-negative-roles-challenging.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: "Maina is identical to Kavita": Kavita Kaushik

Thursday, January 10, 2013 | 5:48:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT) 

Kavita Kaushik in conversation with Tellybuzz regarding her upcoming show Tota Weds Maina…

Kavita Kaushik, best known for playing Chandramukhi Chautala in SAB TV's FIR, is ready to play her new innings with her upcoming show Tota Weds Maina on SAB TV. Let's know more about this show,  her character and more from Kavita…

What was the reason to take up the show Tota Weds Maina?

To be very honest, I was bored of playing Chadramukhi. I was tired in terms of output. I know there is a lot in me as a character that I can project and give my audience. I love my audience and I know what they want. I like to surprise them. When they say, that they can't imagine Chandramukhi without me, then this statement makes me want to surprise them.

Do you think that the audience will accept you as Maina after seeing you as Chandramukhi for long 7 yrs.?

Time will tell! I believe that the audiences are also greedy and intelligent like us actors. They want us to do new things and always want more. So, why shouldn't we give them a new character!

Are you enjoying your new look?

I am loving it. I have an army of people who are running after me asking me to wear different types of bangles, trying out different hair styles and outfits. I used to get ready within 10 minutes. While doing FIR. I hardly applied any make – up. Now, I have to keep combing my hair and using different beauty products

Tell us about your character in the show?.

mastikhor girl is hidden behind Chandramukhi whose name is Kavita Kaushik. Maina is identical to Kavita Kaushik who is very naughty, she wants to try doing everything. Sometime ago I went to Goa with some of my friends. We took a motor boat to reach to a private island. We all had great fun there. When it became to grow dark, everyone started telling us to leave from that locale but we were busy enjoying. When we were on the way in the sea while returning, a storm rose in between. I was enjoying and shouting while we all were in trouble. I don't like going to  parties. I like having fun like this way. This is the way Maina is! She is adventurous,  crazy and wants to do everything in life. She is not scared of anything.

Tota is totally opposite to Maina. What will happen if someone like Tota enters your life?

I need somebody to absorb me. When I shoot with Gaurav, I stay very happy and he handles me very well. In real life, if I  find someone like this, then it will be very good for me.

You enjoy being a part of comic shows. Will you be interested in doing emotional saas-bahusagas in future?

We have shot a few episodes for Tota Weds Maina and we have already shot an emotional sequence for one episode. I enjoyed a lot while shooting for it and my producer told me about this as well. Actually I was shooting an emotional scene after really long.  There will be a lot of emotional sequences in the show. I share a great bond with my on-screen mother in law, off-screen also. The audience will have a great time watching the show.

How do you keep yourself fit?

Smiling and laughing. I also take care of what I am taking in as food. I work a lot.

Reporter and Author: Anwesha Kamal

swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Kavita Kaushik loves surprising audience

Thursday, January 10, 2013 | 1:34:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, best known as the strict yet kind-hearted police officer Chandramukhi Chautala of "F.I.R.", is geared up to show her romantic side in new show "Tota Weds Maina". She says she likes to surprise audiences wit

kavita kaushik

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, best known as the strict yet kind-hearted police officer Chandramukhi Chautala of "F.I.R.", is geared up to show her romantic side in new show "Tota Weds Maina". She says she likes to surprise audiences with every role.

"I have been doing 'F.I.R.' the past seven years. As an actor, you want to do different roles. You have some responsibility towards your audience. I always get a kick out of surprising my audience with my performance and playing a different role," Kavita told IANS.

"This role Maina is a role like that. I hope it is not early for me to say that it is as amazing and brilliant for an actor to play as Chandramukhi," she added.

Pointing out the difference between the two shows, she said: "'F.I.R.' was an out and out comedy which was sometimes over the top but this is more real. This is different. The audience will feel very differently. You will see me with real emotions."

Kavita feels the stories, content and treatment on the Indian small screen have hardly undergone any upgradation over the years.

"Many shows hold no social obligation to society and don't care about the message they are giving out to the youngsters and youth. On lots of shows, there is no scope of characterisation and performance. Earlier, we used to have these really good shows. Nowadays, you have reality shows which are all scripted drama and nonsense... where is the kind of television upgradation which we are looking at?" she said.

With two shows in her kitty for now, Kavita is not looking for anything else.

"I have just signed 'Tota Weds Maina' and 'F.I.R.' is also there. So on TV, I don't have time for anything else. But I am open for advertisements," she said.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13703-kavita-kaushik-loves-surprising-audience.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Kavita Kaushik loves surprising audience
IANS | Jan 10, 2013, 02.44 PM IST

Kavita Kaushik loves surprising audience
Kavita Kaushik

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, best known as the strict yet kind-hearted police officer Chandramukhi Chautala of "F.I.R.", is geared up to show her romantic side in new show "Tota Weds Maina". She says she likes to surprise audiences with every role.

"I have been doing 'F.I.R.' the past seven years. As an actor, you want to do different roles. You have some responsibility towards your audience. I always get a kick out of surprising my audience with my performance and playing a different role," Kavita told IANS.

"This role Maina is a role like that. I hope it is not early for me to say that it is as amazing and brilliant for an actor to play as Chandramukhi," she added.

Pointing out the difference between the two shows, she said: "'F.I.R.'was an out and out comedy which was sometimes over the top but this is more real. This is different. The audience will feel very differently. You will see me with real emotions."

Kavita feels the stories, content and treatment on the Indian small screen have hardly undergone any upgradation over the years.

"Many shows hold no social obligation to society and don't care about the message they are giving out to the youngsters and youth. On lots of shows, there is no scope of characterisation and performance. Earlier, we used to have these really good shows. Nowadays, you have reality shows which are all scripted drama and nonsense... where is the kind of television upgradation which we are looking at?" she said.

With two shows in her kitty for now, Kavita is not looking for anything else.

"I have just signed 'Tota Weds Maina' and 'F.I.R.' is also there. So on TV, I don't have time for anything else. But I am open for advertisements," she said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Kavita-Kaushik-loves-surprising-audience/articleshow/17967286.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Singer Priyani debuts with Tota Weds Maina
By Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Jan 10, 2013, 05.46 PM IST

Singer Priyani debuts with Tota Weds Maina

Priyani Vani Pandit, a girl from Madhya Pradesh who claimed to fame with Star Plus' Amul Voice of India as the female winner of the show is all set to show her acting skills. The singer turned actress we hear will soon make her acting debut on the small screen.

Yes! You heard it right. Priyani will now debut with SAB TV's Tota Weds Maina as Tota's sister. Priyani's character is of a fun loving lovely wife of a husband, who is trying to complete his IAS exams but end up just trying it. Priyani has sung songs in films like Ferrari Ki SawaariPlayers, Love Possible to name a few.

When contacted, Priyani confirmed, " Actually acting was always in my mind and fortunately I got a call from Maloni pictures for this show and I thought this is a right time to debut. Apart from acting, I was busy recording few songs of mine."

Tota Weds Maina has actors like Kavita Kaushik and Gaurav Gera in the leads and the show is all set to hit the airwaves by 14th of January.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Singer-Priyani-debuts-with-Tota-Weds-Maina/articleshow/17969462.cms

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Kavita Kaushik down with dengue; still shoots
By Tejashree Bhopatkar, TNN | Jan 8, 2013, 03.31 PM IST

Kavita Kaushik down with dengue; still shoots
Kavita Kaushik

Kavita Kaushik better known as Rowdy and Hero Chandramukhi Chautala of SAB TV's long running sitcom FIR is now trying hard to come out of her Dabanng Zone and play a chirpy, bubbly Maina in SAB TV's new offering Tota Weds Maina.

Interestingly, the actress is not leaving any stone unturned to shock the audiences with her new avatar. Hence, the actress in spite of suffering from Dengue is giving her best to grow the character of Maina. " I am going to shock the audiences for sure because till now for last 7 years, they have been seeing me as Dabanng Chandramukhi Chautala and now it will be difficult for them to accept me as sweet Maina. But I am going to shock them all with my new character. SAB TV has showed lot of trust in me and I am not going to led them down," promises the actress.

"I always learn my character along with essaying it. Notice my Chandramukhi Chautala in first episode, which was not that up to the mark but eventually I learned it. For me the craft of any character is more important than mere playing it," informs Kavita.

Kavita Kaushik also states that she doesn't fear anything in life and that's what keeps her going and giving her best. "I don't fear anything in life. Recently I met with an accident where our boat was actually going to sink in the sea but instead of fearing I was jumping on the deck, hoping the ship to actually sink. That is something which always keeps me going and gives me the power to work in any condition. Right now, I am suffering from Dengue but my attitude gives me energy to fight against it," signs off Kavita.

This is for the second time Kavita is suffering from Dengue, she was reported to be down with the same in the year 2011. Get well soon dear...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Kavita-Kaushik-down-with-dengue-still-shoots/articleshow/17939213.cms