Frequent Posters

swethasyam08 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
TOI: Chandramukhi Chautala leaked into my real life, says Kavita
IANS | Jan 8, 2013, 05.11 PM IST

Chandramukhi Chautala leaked into my real life, says Kavita
Kavita Kaushik

Kavita Kaushik has played the role of inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in comedy TV show "FIR" for so long that it not only started affecting her real personality, she also had to shake up hard to get rid of it to don the colours of Maina for her new show " Tota Weds Maina".

She has played Chandramukhi Chautala for seven years and says that she lived the character of Chandramukhi Chautala so long "it leaked into my real life, I almost became that character".

"When I was approached for this character (Maina), I told him (producer) I will have to erase Chandramukhi from Kavita and then take something else," the 31-year-old said here Monday at the launch of her new show.

Now, Kavita is happy to do something different on the screen.

Watch out for Maina and her scenes with her mother-in-law, she says and adds: "You will see such amazing emotions. I was dying to do various different emotions and sensitive scenes which I was not doing for so many years."

The best part is that she is being pampered on the sets of "Tota Weds Maina", something which was amiss on "FIR" sets for obvious reasons.

"My producer has given me an army of make-up men, hair dressers and costumes... an army that I did not have for seven years. I used to go on the ('FIR') sets and used to get ready in 10 minutes - just put on the uniform and a bit of make-up, that's it. But now all the time there is someone decking me up with bangles, chunari, hair styling and all that. But I am enjoying this," Kavita said.

"Tota Weds Maina" stars Gaurav Gera opposite Kavita and it will go on air Jan 14 on SAB TV in place of the comedy "FIR" at 10:30 p.m. Now, "FIR" will be shown at the weekends.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Chandramukhi-Chautala-leaked-into-my-real-life-says-Kavita/articleshow/17940567.cms

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TB: Chandramukhi Chautala leaked into my real life, says Kavita Tuesday, January 08, 2013 |

4:52:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   

Kavita Kaushik has played the role of inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in comedy TV show "FIR" for so long that it not only started affecting her real personality, she also had to shake up hard to get rid of it to don the colours of Ma

kavita kaushik

Kavita Kaushik has played the role of inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in comedy TV show "F.I.R" for so long that it not only started affecting her real personality, she also had to shake up hard to get rid of it to don the colours of Maina for her new show "Tota Weds Maina".

She has played Chandramukhi Chautala for seven years and says that she lived the character of Chandramukhi Chautala so long "it leaked into my real life, I almost became that character".

"When I was approached for this character (Maina), I told him (producer) I will have to erase Chandramukhi from Kavita and then take something else," the 31-year-old said here Monday at the launch of her new show.

Now, Kavita is happy to do something different on the screen.

Watch out for Maina and her scenes with her mother-in-law, she says and adds: "You will see such amazing emotions. I was dying to do various different emotions and sensitive scenes which I was not doing for so many years."

The best part is that she is being pampered on the sets of "Tota Weds Maina", something which was amiss on "FIR" sets for obvious reasons.

"My producer has given me an army of make-up men, hair dressers and costumes... an army that I did not have for seven years. I used to go on the ('FIR') sets and used to get ready in 10 minutes - just put on the uniform and a bit of make-up, that's it. But now all the time there is someone decking me up with bangles, chunari, hair styling and all that. But I am enjoying this," Kavita said.

"Tota Weds Maina" stars Gaurav Gera opposite Kavita and it will go on air Jan 14 on SAB TV in place of the comedy "FIR" at 10:30 p.m. Now, "FIR" will be shown at the weekends.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13688-chandramukhi-chautala-leaked-into-my-real-life-says-kavita.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Gaurav Gera back with 'Tota Weds Maina'
TNN | Dec 20, 2012, 12.00 AM IST

Gaurav Gera back with 'Tota Weds Maina'
Gaurav Gera

Gaurav Gera, best remembered as Nandu of 'Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi', is back on the tube after a brief sabbatical with 'Tota Weds Maina'. 

The show has FIR actress, Kavita Kaushik, playing the lead role of Maina. The series revolves around Gaurav's small town life inUttar Pradesh (UP) and captures the rustic backdrop along with many local cultural elements of the place. 

Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head of the channel, said, "The content on our channel is always progressive, as well as comic, to bring in a sense of togetherness and provide entertainment to the viewers. The show stars some of the most established names in the television industry who promise to entertain the viewers." 

When asked what prompted him to take up the show, Gaurav says, "As an actor, I always wanted to explore different genres of work. This is just my effort to hone my acting skills. My character in the show is a boy from a small town in UP who ends up getting married to a very modern girl. The show revolves around how my character (Tota), and his family members, adjust to such a diametrically opposite lifestyle." 

Tota Weds Maina will be aired soon on the channel, SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Gaurav-Gera-back-with-Tota-Weds-Maina/articleshow/17676860.cms

Minionite thumbnail

I don't feel the need to be in a relationship: Kavita Kaushik

I don't feel the need to be in a relationship: Kavita Kaushik
Talking to TOI during a recent Lucknow visit, actor Kavita Kaushik said she is enjoying her single status

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT Actor Kavita Kaushik is happy making people laugh, again with her next serial. "Isn't that the best thing to do?" she asks while on a recent trip to the city to promote her serial Tota Weds Maina. Another comedy we wonder, and she answers, "In FIR I am this bad cop who intimidates people. In this serial audience will see an absolutely different side of me. Here I play sweet and traditional girl. Frankly speaking, after playing Chandramukhi Chautala for seven years even I was getting restless and wanted to do something different."
Apart from playing the Haryanvi cop, Kavita has also been seen as the venomous Manya in Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, the scheming Sakshi of Kutumb, the wily Porineeta in Tumhari Disha, and a lawyer in Remix. Kavita also did a cameo in Ram Gopal Varma's Ek Hasina Thi, apart from a telefilm called Padmalakshmi. "It's not as if I have only done comedy. I have played different characters too," she points out.

BORN FIGHTER Down with dengue but certainly not out, Kavita says she's every bit a fighter. "Why get scared of these small things?," she shrugs, adding, "I am not scared about anything. Recently, I had gone to celebrate New Year's on an island near Mumbai. On our way back we got caught in a storm and the yatch we were in was swaying crazily. But then also I wasn't scared. I was actually jumping on the deck and waiting for it to sink! I guess my fearlessness keeps me on going. I am suffering from dengue but it's my attitude that gives me the energy to fight it and carry on with life."

TOUGH TO PLEASE Having split from beau Karan V Grover Kavita, is enjoying her single status. "I am loving it. I am travelling like crazy, having a great time with my friends. Basically I don't feel the need to be in a relationship right now. There's no one I am answerable to ki kahan ja rahi ho, kya kar rahi ho. I am doing my own thing and loving it," says she. And if one's wondering what kind of man she is looking for, Kavita says, "He should be a superman. Look, I am a typical Haryanvi. I'm super-dominating and blunt and men get scared of me. In fact most are scared of even talking to me. A man should be confident and not get intimidated by a strong, independent girl like me. But sadly, tough men are a little hard to find," says she.
Minionite thumbnail
Gaurav Gera is in no mood to do serious roles

Gaurav Gera is in no mood to do serious roles

Actor Gaurav Gera is in no mood to do serious roles on TV

A comic act!
Actor Gaurav Gera might have lived many characters on screen but still people remember him for his role of Nandu from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi. Gaurav, who was recently in the city for the promotion of his upcoming serial, which is again a comedy show, says he has no interest in doing negative or serious roles. "I don't like husband-wife drama jahan par log hamesha rotein hi rehte hain. I come from a happy family, so I always like to do roles that make sense and keep others happy. I somehow can't distant myself from comedy," he says.

Webisodes: The future of TV
The actor has directed and acted in 5-10 minutes of video clippings, available on the internet aswebisodes. "Webisodes are the future of television. They will be as popular as television shows. The concept of webisodes is quite popular in Europe. And after seeing my video clippings many actors have also shown interest in working in them. It is an interesting concept," he says.
Minionite thumbnail
Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

As Chandramukhi Chautala, the dabang cop of FIR, Kavita Kaushik straightens out even the toughest of goons. But the actress has undergone a drastic transformation - from a gutsy cop to a lively, spirited girl from UP - for her latest show, 'Tota Weds Maina'.

Of the many characters she has played, Kavitasays most of them are closer to Maina than Chandramukhi. However, she is happy to be able to experiment in the genre of comedy. Says Kavita, "Maina is an extension of me. She is a happy-go-lucky, confident and outgoing girl. She is a typical girl who loves beautiful kurtas and applies makeup on occasions."

Her outfits in the show have been designed by Veera, a first-timer on the small screen, who has been a stylist for films like Phass Gaya Re Obama and Vicky Donor. Says Veera, "I have given Kavita lots of Anarkalis. We have used fabrics like chiffon, georgette, etc. Kavita helped us in deciding the colour palette."

On the show, Kavita is even speaking in a UP accent to make her character look authentic. She says, "I had to work on my accent and learn the local dialect. The show is based on the lives of people in Uttar Pradesh."

Tota Weds Maina airs Monday to Friday at 10.30pm on SAB TV.
Minionite thumbnail

Melanie Pais and veteran actor Ranjeet to enter SAB TV's Tota Weds Maina

Melanie Pais and Ranjeet

Trouble will soon be brewing for Tota (Gaurav Gera) and Maina (Kavita Kaushik) on SAB TV's Tota Weds Maina (Miloni Pictures) because of a third woman'- Chutki.

The latest news from the show is that Melanie Pais who played the role of Nandine Dev Kurana in Geet Hui Sabse Parayi will be entering the show as Chutki- a pretty and cheeky girl who has to be immediately given whatever she demands. Along with her veteran Bollywood actor Ranjeet also makes a cameo appearance in the show. Ranjeet will essay the elder brother of Chutki who has spoiled the girl to the 'T'.

Talking on her character, Melanie says, "Chutki's brother has to get whatever she wants. If she points her finger at- let it be flowers, the board of a hotel or even if it is anyone's nose, the brother would get it for her. On seeing Tota she is besotted and wants to have him all to herself. This will lead to a funny and interesting track wherein Tota gets kidnapped by Chutki's brother and Maina has to save her husband from this problem."

We hear that many girls had auditioned for this role. However they could not find anyone appropriate. Finally someone who had seen and greatly appreciated Melanie's work offered her the role.

This is however a comedy, so surely Tota and Maina's bond won't be severed. However how will the petulant Chutki be persuaded to stop pursuing a committed Tota?

For more interesting updates on the show, keep watching this space.

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Ranjeet makes an entry in Tota Weds Maina!
TNN | Feb 5, 2013, 07.16 PM IST

Ranjeet makes an entry in Tota Weds Maina!
Ranjeet's entry on Tota weds Maina!

The legendary bad man of Indian films Ranjeet is soon going to enter Tota Weds Maina. Ranjeet will be essaying the role of Ghamashaan Thakur.
Ghamasaan Thakur is powerful in that region and his word is respected by everyone in gulabganj. He dotes on his three sisters and can go up to any length to get what his sisters desires for. Unfortunately, one of his sisters falls head over heels in love with Tota aka Gaurav Gera. Ghamasaan Thakur decides to fulfill her wish and kidnaps Tota.

Meanwhile Tota is extremely shocked and taken aback by the situation. Maina aka Kavita Kaushik decides to search for her beloved Tota and the entire Tiwari family extends their support to her.

Ghamasaan Thakur aka Ranjeet says, "I am impressed with Kavita Kaushik and grabbed this opportunity to work with her. I have also seen Gaurav Gera's body of work and it was a great experience overall working with both of them."

Finally Maina with her quick wit is able to help Tota from a dicey situation and also finds a match for Thakur's sister

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Ranjeet-makes-an-entry-in-Tota-Weds-Maina/articleshow/18352529.cms

Edited by swethasyam08 - 11 years ago
swethasyam08 thumbnail

TB: Ranjeet makes an entry in Tota Weds Maina!

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 | 11:14:24 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)

SAB TV's Tota Weds Maina all set to welcome a new entrant to the show...

The legendary bad man of Indian films Ranjeet is soon going to enter Tota Weds Maina. Ranjeet will be essaying the role of Ghamashaan Thakur.

Ghamasaan Thakur is powerful in that region and his word is respected by everyone in gulabganj. He dotes on his three sisters and can go upto any length to get what his sister desires for. Unfortunately, one of his sisters falls in head over heels for Tota aka Gaurav Gera. Ghamasaan Thakur decides to fulfill her wish and kidnaps Tota.

Meanwhile Tota is extremely shocked and taken aback by the situation.Maina aka Kavita Kaushik decides to search for her beloved Tota and the entire Tiwari family extends their support to her.

Ghamasaan Thakur aka Ranjeet says, "I am impressed with Kavita Kaushik and grabbed this opportunity to work with her.I have also seen Gaurav Gera's body of work and it was a great experience overall working with both of them."

Finally Maina with her quick wit is able to help Tota from a dicey situation and also finds a match for Thakur's sister.

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/buzzin-hot/13894-ranjeet-makes-an-entry-in-tota-weds-maina.htm

swethasyam08 thumbnail
TOI: Ranjeet kidnaps 'Tota' in Tota Weds Maina
TNN | Feb 8, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Ranjeet kidnaps 'Tota' in Tota Weds Maina
Ranjeet

Ranjeet kidnaps 'Tota' in Tota Weds Maina
The legendary bad man of Bollywood, Ranjeet, will soon enter 'Tota Weds Maina' as Ghamasaan Thakur. A powerful and influential personality of Gulabganj, his word is respected by everyone. He dotes on his three sisters and can go to any extent to fulfill their wishes. In fact, he has vowed that he will not marry until he marries off his sisters. But unfortunately, the youngest and the only one left to be married, falls head over heels for Tota (Gaurav Gera). The loving brother that he is, Ghamasaan decides to kidnap his sister's dream man.

Tota's wife Maina, played by Kavita Kaushik, decides to search for him. She is backed by the entire Tiwari family. Finally, Maina, with her quick wit, bails Tota out and also finds a match for Thakur's sister.

Ranjeet says, "Television offers me different characters with different get-ups. Ghamasaan is a funny character, who pampers his sister to such an extent that he kidnaps a married guy. When Tota tells me that he is married, I tell him that it's not my problem and he will have to marry my sister. It was great working with the cast and crew of the show. Both Kavita and Gaurav are talented, polite and humble."

Tota Weds Maina airs at 10.30 pm from Monday to Friday on SAB TV.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Ranjeet-kidnaps-Tota-in-Tota-Weds-Maina/articleshow/18383180.cms