Low Key Entry vs. Delayed Entry !

Posted: 11 years ago

Dispassionate & Low Key Entry – The Repercussions

Female Lead – Bharti

It was a SAD entry...I was pretty sure that she would not enter the show until the 20th  or so episode...Coz on the basis of the articles which have been coming out since Yashashri signed the show...Her character is the family's choice for the girl who will marry JaiKishan. While there is another love interest in question from his US sojourn which will be played by Shamim Mannan.

Disaster

The entry was disappointing. If this is a girl whom you are going to establish in the coming months as the lead of the show then either give her a decent entry or else introduce her when it is time for her character to come to the fore.

Surprise vs. Nasty Shock

If the intention is to surprise the audience with the revelation that this is the female lead...after a shocking twist then sorry to say it will look like a rude shock that a character that has been relegated to the background all this while is suddenly getting up and holding reigns.

Developing a character

If the intention is to gradually develop the character into the good books of the audience in a slow and step by step way then it makes sense. But in the entry today...When she left to meet Avni..the camera did not follow her...It cut her off abruptly stating the end of a cameo by an unimportant cast member. It was deliberate that could be seen too clearly coz EVERY character on the show got a pronounced entry...Whether the bhabhi, the brother, the sister the elders and so on.

Online audience vs. TV audience

As online audience we have been reading constant updates regarding the show and know the plot but for the tv audience this will be confusion personified if without developing the character. They have no doubt NOT registered that a prominent character entered the show today...Heck...I recognized Yashu coz I have seen her pics in that dress. They didn't even show her face properly. MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR disappointment to say the least.

Two Heroines

To the members who are wondering now who the lead is...There are TWO Female leads in the show...Yep...We have two heroines in this tale. SWJ plays the Nani of Shamim who is the character Jai is to meet in the US while his stint there and thus will blossom a love story. While everyone has seen the authoritative Aasu Ba who will chose a girl for her grandson and that is the character played by YM. No prizes for guessing whom the guy is gonna end up with. The name of the show is enough to determine that YM will be the one taking over as the lead coz the guy will succumb to his family's wishes as indicated by his mom's word yesterday about getting a bahu like Ketki for him.

Audiences Emotional Connect

If people once accept a character opposite the main lead, it is only going to be a horror fest for them to see someone else to suddenly step into the shoes of the female lead out of nowhere. It is obvious that the love story being shown in US will catch the interest of the people and once they start rooting for a pair if you trash down their hopes that can only lead to annoyance and disinterest in the show. If the people stop watching the show midway then god helps the TRPS. LET IT BE A HAPPY SURPRISE FOR THE VIEWERS, NOT AN UPSETTING ONE.

Unfair to the Actor

Not only does the audience get caught in the unfairness but I m feeling horrible for YM for the bad entry she got. She is not someone who is happy playing non-existent character in TV shows and is happy being seen for 5 minutes per week. She has quit a show with the famed Sagar Productions for lack of importance to her character in the show. This was just such a substandard entry.

Request to the makers

If there is anyone remotely connected to the production house please ask them –

1.       NOT to show YM till they are ready to establish her character

2.       DONT insult a character by treating it like a cameo which it is not.

3.       Unremarkable entries lead to shocks not surprises.

4.       If you intend to show the character then gradually bring out the character beautifully.

5.       Once loyalty is established for a pair, audience can only grow to hate the 3rd entry.

6.       Low key doesn't equal to unremarkable/no focus.

Finally if they do not intend to establish Bharti's character before the revelation of her as the lead which will not be soon. Coz any talks of marriage can only be AFTER the guy returns from US and he has not even left yet. Then plz STOP SHOWING YM. Leave her entry at a mysterious note and let her enter back later when its time. There are a lot of people who joined the forum for her and trust me this is NOT FUNNY. And we are NOT amused by that EXCUSE of an Entry...We would rather wait for 15-20 episodes and have her treated like a lead actor and not an extra.

Forum Wars

If the purpose of the makers is to ignite fights in this forum too like in all other forums over who prefers which female lead then I am out of here RIGHT NOW...I hate forum conflicts...

SUPER DISSAPOINTED...Expected better treatment from SWJ for her RBO lead actress. This was not a low key entry...It was DISGUSTING...

You said everything perfectly!!!  Edited by poo_j - 11 years ago
It was a utter dissapointment to show YM in such a disgusting way...
I could'nt even see her face properly...the scene was a rush where i only managed to see the dress and not the face...
Hell recognized it is YM from the pics...

100% agree with the post...

Edited by ktym - 11 years ago
Can I post it on SWJ page vandu !
Originally posted by priya_cool_123

Can I post it on SWJ page vandu !
Plz DO !

And if this is the role YM has then ask her to let YM go...
We dont want to see this rubbish...

I dont watch the show to see YM for 2 seconds on 60 mins...I'd rather watch the re-runs of Grey's Anatomy or Big Bang Theory !

M regretting watching the show now...🤢

Why the heck did YM sign it...She was better off in Marathi films than 2 second roles...to think she quit CGM coz she was getting less footage...here she has NONE...!😡

I will prefer to wait for at least 10 episodes before coming to a conclusion. It is just 2 episodes old and I guess it is not fair to be judgemental so early especially when we haven't given them a fair chance to show what they have conceived and executed.
We will get a lot of time to discuss and rant disappointments but before that I want to see what they have planned.

Regarding delayed entry vs Low key entry...I agree that delayed entry always leaves a greater impact if it is an important character like a lead. But then, it all depends on the writer and the director ...how they have written it.

I am just afraid of the groupism that occurs in forums... coz of confusion in lead characters. If people start rooting for Shamim while YM is portrayed low profile...I guess it will difficult for the character to establish itself at all.

But it is way tooo early to say all that !!
I am waiting for at least 2 weeks.

They usually lock the script of first 50 episodes and I assume that they have already shot a lot of portions including US trip...so they know what they are talking about when giving confused signals about the heroine. It might be a marketing strategy...Making people talk about it is a strategy in itself...who knows :)))

Chill Pill !!!!

Maybe I should come back after a month ...

But then even if YM has a role...I wont know what happened in the story...So I guess I shud quit watching it totally...!

If this is what they are doing then...they are NOT getting TRP from me...!
Originally posted by -Manita-

I am just afraid of the groupism that occurs in forums... coz of confusion in lead characters. If people start rooting for Shamim while YM is portrayed low profile...I guess it will difficult for the character to establish itself at all.

Exactly my point...
They will have to change the plot if that happens and people think Shamim-Jay are the jodi and that YM's character Bharti came in between as the 3rd wheel...

Then unko gali padegi for being villains...Tab pata chalega kya kar diya show ka...KACHRA !
Edited by togepe30 - 11 years ago
Bang On Post.Very Well Written Post.Agree With Each N Every Point Of Ur Post.I Am Sooo Disappointed With The Way Bharthi Aka Yashu Introduction Scene.If She Is Heroine Or Going To Be Heroine She Deserved A Better Introduction .

I Have Posted This Post Link SWJ FB Wall N Also Message The Link In Her Personnel Account.Hope She Reads It. 
Originally posted by togepe30

Plz DO !

And if this is the role YM has then ask her to let YM go...
We dont want to see this rubbish...

I dont watch the show to see YM for 2 seconds on 60 mins...I'd rather watch the re-runs of Grey's Anatomy or Big Bang Theory !

M regretting watching the show now...🤢

Why the heck did YM sign it...She was better off in Marathi films than 2 second roles...to think she quit CGM coz she was getting less footage...here she has NONE...!😡

My Feelings Is Also Same Why The Hell Yashu Singed This Show.Can't See All Ignoring Her Character In The Show 😡 .But YM In A Interview Said She Had No Other Option Then Saying Yes To  This Show.Did Not Expect SWJ To Treat YM Like This.