•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Producer director Swapna Waghmare Joshi, who is known for her direction skills in Rang Badalti Odhani and has produced the Marathi serial Devyani, happens to be the creative producer of Colors' Sanskaar- Dharohar Apnon Ki.

Tellychakkar.com caught up with the lady to know more about her one episode-old show and also about her cameo in it.
For details, read on…

"It has been a very long and fruitful journey. And I am very happy about the fact that the show is finally on-air though we took a lot more time in the making," said the creative producer.

When asked about the storyline of the show, she averred, "The term sanskaar is interpreted differently by different people. There are some who think waking up at 3 am and finishing the household chores with efficiency is sanskaar. But, is thatsanskaar? If that is, then what would you tell a person who wakes up at 2 pm yet rushes to pick up a person on the streets and helps him get to a nearby hospital. In our show, we will be talking about the basic values by not getting preachy in any way."

Why a Gujarati backdrop? "I am very comfortable with a Gujarati backdrop as I am born and brought up in Gujarat though I am a Maharashtrian. It is because of that, that I am more attached to the Gujarati culture more than that of the Maharashtrian. I can read and write Guajarati very fluently," she added.

We further go on to ask the producer if the 9 pm slot adds on to the responsibility, to which she promptly replied, "It's interesting to pick up challenges. If the channel has put us in a slot like this, it means that they have faith on us. And I take it as a huge compliment."

As we all know Swapna's Anahita Productions was earlier co-producing Sanskaarwith Maverik Productions but due to certain 'creative' differences, the latter walked out and Cinemantra came in as a replacement.

Hence, we asked if the change in production house lead to a change in the story. Replied the gracious director, "We had completed and locked the story and dialogues of the first thirty episodes even before a change in the production house could happen. So, there were no changes."

Since Maverick and Anahita ended up having a lot of tiff, therefore we asked the producer if she is being careful this time around and she observed, "A difference of opinion between a creative and a production team is always there even if it's not two but only one production house. That is why there are times when the production puts a halt to the indulgence of the creative people. As the creative producer, I might ask for a chopper for a scene in the US, but then the people handling production will have to tell us if that's possible or not. And that is the way things work smoothly."

We've heard that you are also acting in the show? "Yes, I am. I am playing the heroine's Nani. My character's name is Urmila Patel and people call me Ummi. She is very modern in her approach as she has been staying in the US for the past 20 years. My entry will be aired in the fifth episode. I am playing a cameo because I have to shift back to direction soon."

Is Anuj Saxena (of Maverick) acting in the show too? "He was going to, but since he has taken another project and they needed an exclusive commitment, he isn't shooting with us," ended Swapna.

We wish Swapna all the luck and success!!!

Thanks for the article. I really appreciate SWJ and her touch in whatever she does !!
tfs hope this show gets successful