Posted: 11 years ago
KMH had the same themes in both serials but only the leads were the same, but not much else.  Their names were similar, but surnames were changed, and the only somewhat tenuous link b/w the 2 was Arohi reading a book about KMH1.

I do think they'd change the name of the serial altogether, if the same PH did go for another serial w/ KVB and MS as the leads.
Right that's what I'm saying.  I'm not saying that they would come back with the same name, but initially they would probably refer to it as S2 when throwing the idea around.

All of this is conjecture on a hypothetical, of course.😆

Thanks Vrish for explaining. Cox I was really confused there.

True if they completely change things then it will no longer be SB..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Telly-soaps-gear-up-for-their-seasonal-return/articleshow/18891740.cms
Thanks for the Link Lik,
i would be very happy to see my Viraaj back! 😃
Don't know how it will work.  I hope there's another title. 

I was hoping for new storyline, new characters. Kind of like KMH 2.  Also, even if its still the same character, please come up with a new title.  Season 2/sequels don't need the same name.  Ex:DMG from Sanjivani.
Edited by likarsh - 11 years ago
I don't know if that will work. Especially if the show keeps the same title. But if it were to comeback with a new title, then maybe it could work.
Actually, a transformation of Indian serials from a continuous run to a seasons airing makes complete sense.  That way, CVs ain't forced to drag scenes, or insert bizarre twists and so on.  Just declare 8 or 9 months of the year as the duration when a season will run, have it run, and during the intervals, show either reruns.  Or have cyclical seasons - have one set of shows - say X - running for half the year, and another set of shows - say Y - running for the other half.  The next year, the sequels to X could run, and the year following that, the sequels to Y.  In the US, they end the season in September, when everybody's mind gravitates more towards the NFL and other sports, and bring everything back  in May.  Showing reruns in b/w.

The above would also give actors/actresses much needed breaks, so that they don't suffer any burnout, and enable them to dab in other things, such as movies and so on.

About DsddSB being one of the shows w/ a sequel, I wonder whether it's not a risk that they're taking.  I mean, despite KVB's following, there weren't many takers for him once Sriti was gone, and she ain't likely to surface in a sequel, since she's got another show now.  If it is a sequel - be it same name or different - wouldn't he have to have the same relationship w/ Mala?  Of course, at the end of the serial, Mala forgave him, but if they make it a sequel, they are under some minor obligation to continue the story.  I'd rather that they started new w/ KVB as a new character, and a fresh story theme.  As for his co-star, Mala would be fine, although it would be fascinating to see TJ in that role 😆