Mid day-Roles not written for us-Aroona

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago

Nowadays roles are not written for us: Aruna Irani

The senior actress has decided to go off the big screen due to the lack of suitable roles

January 18, 2013

MUMBAI
Sonali Joshi Pitale

Advertise On Google. Get 2000 INR Advertising Credit When You Sign-Up

Aruna Irani is happy that her role of a grandmother on her current television show Sanskar is suitable for her age. The actress is content to dabble on the small screen for the time being and blames her absence on the big screen on the paucity of good roles etched out for 'older' actresses.

The senior actress says, "Nowadays roles are not written for actresses like us. In almost all new films, you will hardly get to see any strong roles for experienced actors. Jaya Bachchan too was offered a good role nearly a decade ago in Kabhi Khushi Khabi Gham but post that she barely did any work."

She also feels that doing small but significant roles is more important to her than being associated with trivial roles in big banner films. "I don't want to be part of a project, where if my role is chopped off it will not hamper the storyline. It's fine if I don't do Bollywood for a while."

If given a chance, Aruna however would love to work in a Rajkumar Hirani film. The actress states she wants to produce a film in the future as well.  

tfs
oh she is great actress no doubt 
i love her song chadti jawani teri chal mastani with jeetendra 
she also dance really very well :)))
She is awesome...I 've grown up seeing Aruna Irani in so many Hindi films...