Bigg Boss Season 6 : Alag Che!

Sapna Bhavnani for PETA - "INK NOT MINK"

Boneca thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Sapna Bhavnani - "Thank you PETA India once again for letting me a part of your campaign!!!

As a hairstylist to the stars and a fashion designer whose cutting-edge label, SoFake, is taking the fashion world by storm, Sapna Bhavnani knows a thing or two about trends. And the compassionate fashionista and former Bigg Boss 6 inmate knows that there's nothing trendy about wearing the skins of tortured animals. That's why she has teamed up with PETA India to pose for an iconic "Ink, Not Mink" ad. In the sexy ad, which was shot by ace photographer Anushka Nadia Menon, with hair styling and make-up by Shubhra Khandelwal, Sapna wears her heart and her art on her sleeve to encourage everyone to shed fur and leather from their wardrobes.

Every year, millions of minks, foxes and rabbits ' and even dogs and cats ' are bludgeoned to death, electrocuted or skinned alive for their fur. Cows and other animals killed for leather in India are often crowded into vehicles in such large numbers that their bones break. At abattoirs, they are often skinned and dismembered while they are still conscious. In the exotic-skins trade, snakes and lizards are commonly nailed to trees or posts and skinned alive and alligators are beaten to death.

"After I educated myself and saw a few films on the cruelty and what happens to animals, I realised that it just wasn't worth it. I take a very strong stance on leather", explains Bhavnani in an exclusive interview with PETA. ''Pleather is a great substitute for leather. And if you don't know what it is, I just say go to your local shop and ask for that substitute because it is available."

Watch Sapna's exclusive PETA interview to learn more about why she keeps animal skins out of her collections.

http://www.petaindia.com/features/sapna-bhavnani-s--ink-not-mink-ad.aspx

Edited by tinaaaa - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Boneca thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yfCGh41V_40 [/YOUTUBE] 
ShinyDiscoBall thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

People like me who are following her on twitter know the details that how enthusiastic and active she is in contributing in so many noble causes.

Hats off to her for this.

PETA really needs people like her

👏

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Congratzz your post link now n Times of India news:

http://timesofindia.hotklix.com/content/Television/Sapna-Bhavnani-strips-for-PETA
👏
Edited by Prometeus - 11 years ago
Ponga.Pandit2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
After women now it's Animal Empowerment.
Jokes apart but this lady has earned even more Respect now.