Review of Hum Aapke Hain In-laws

rechus thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Hum Aapke Hain In-laws: A family entertainer; Rated 2.5 Star.. SAB TV is a channel always known to emphasize on the importance of togetherness and they have reinforced this belief through their varied shows. In a recent move the channel launched two comedy shows on 14th January 2013... Close on the heels of Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws in the 10.00 pm slot followed... Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws is a light hearted and cheerful and belongs to the genre of slapstick comedy..Karan Grover well-known for playing intense characters and Pooja Pihal who has played extremely popular characters in serials on small screen are the main protagonists of the show... This show is their first tryst with comedy.The show is an endearing tale of the Grover family. It depicts the bond between a couple and their in-laws. It explores the twists, turns and adventures in day to day situations for Gulshan (Karan Grover) and his wife Damini ( Pooja Pihal)as they are surrounded by their in-laws who not only happen to be unconditionally loving but also unintentionally interfering! The young couple and their son Karan Grover live in a dream world, in a spotless and clean model row house society painted in bright and sunny colours whichseems too good to be true. Damini is excited about the upcoming 'Child of the Year' award function to be held in the society. She is keen that her son wins the award and starts grooming him for the same.. We soon learn that their neighbours are their respective parents.. On either side of their house reside Gulshan's father , Roshan Laal Grover fondly known as Panditji and on the other Damini's father retired Colonel Ashok Sethi a widower and an ex-army personnel with his assistant Sher Singh who is always at the former's beck and call. Colonel Sethi's late wife makes friendly appearances when he reminisces about her frequently. Both parents vie with each other for the attention of their children and grandson and consider themselves the perfect parent/grandparent for them. As a result they become a boon as well as a source of interference in the life of the young couple since the respective gentlemen consider themselves the best judges in every situation.The children out of love and respect give in to their whims and fancies...While the doting in-laws strive to make life simple for the young couple, in the bargain they only land up complicating things for them.. The big day arrives and we see hilarious situations ensue at the award ceremony... Though little Karan is the winner of the award the entire Grover clan lands up on the stage along with him to share his limelight ! Especially hilarious was the scene when the wig that Gulshan Grover's grandfather wears, who too is present at the ceremony, blows off due to a gust of wind.. Characters seem crowded in the serial portraying an entire generation of the Grover family thus leading to a lot of chaos and commotion in the show.Karan is portrayed as a husband who goes to unreasonable lengths to meet his wife's demands. His character is hilarious and lovable since his antics are always innocently and unintentionally funny.. The show was more on the lines of a musical comedy that started and ended with remixed Bollywood numbers .. There were songs and dances galore during the entire show.. It is a fast paced comedy with a few good dialogues. One dialogue worth mentioning is the one by Gulshan Grover, the male protagonist, who sums up the whole situation and says, You can win the law but not the in-law! Hum Aapke Hain In-laws is a family entertainer for sure, but only slightly a notch higher than SAB's other recent offering of the same evening viz. Tota Weds Maina Adgully gives the show a rating of 2.5 out of 5 stars..Edited by rechus - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ThruMyEyez-Nita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for sharing!😊
rubysk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
T4s...but hum aapke hai in lawS is better than tota weds maina... I m not becoz i m big fan of karan... its true... i m watching all sab tv shows...
karsuh thumbnail
Thanks for sharing 😊 I am watching HAHIL online just for Karan and i am enjoying the show 😃
rechus thumbnail
me too watch it for karan..
karsuh thumbnail
Karan is too cute 😉 and his acting is excellent and i am totally enjoying his show 😃
rechus thumbnail
other than Gullu i like his FIL too..
love_karanabha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks for sharing so half rating
anaghakaran thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
tfs..its quite bad dat it got only half rating in d first week..wel i hope it gains high rates in future..
karsuh thumbnail
Karan is rocking on this show 😉 and i love it so much 😃