The Buddy Project Season 2 - Now in College

DOTW - Good Institutions = Better Future?

sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago

Hello Shello my fellow Junglees! 😃

The Cool Coolbie 😎 brings you the

Discussion of the Week

So, as seen in TBP that KD really really wants to study in RA because it's a prestigious educational institution, far more better than all the municipal schools his father suggests him to join, because according to KD, RA is his ticket to a better future.

But on the other hand, Mr.D says that educational institutions don't make or break one's future, it's the resolve that one holds that makes him a successful person.

So yeah, that's the topic. Do good schools and private institutions guarantee that your future will be secure? Is expensive education the only way you can achieve success in this world? I'll put myself forward as an example. Due to some reasons after my 12th exams, I could not get admitted in the University where I wanted to go. It's not all the prestigious but it's good enough that if I mention it in any gathering, I won't get sneering looks full of contempt or taunts. Instead, now I have to join a place where only average-at-best people opt to join or where, to be honest, people who have no interest in getting a degree and just want to enjoy hours out of home get admission. So, am I doomed?

There are many private colleges and universities who take LACS from each student in his/her course of study and provide them an education only to ultimately register the students' degree in the same Government University which they so clearly look down upon. Why is so much loathing towards government education institutions? Why only private education is deemed the best? Surely, not everyone can afford to be educated in Ivy League colleges. And if they don't, does it mean they can't be successful and their life is over? With KD's resolve and his ambition for getting success through the right way, he could easily have finished his 12th from a municipal school and gotten admission in a college on the basis of merit and scholarship. Is the stamp of expensive, private education that important? Doesn't a person's personal dedication and hard work determine his success rather than how expensive his education is/was?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I know about municipal & goverment school
Kd is right here my uncle is a goverment teacher and I know how many people are corrupted their
I dont know u will beleive me or not but its the truth that their in the govrrment school teachers sleep in the school at the time of studies of the childrens and their the childrens future are being ruined
But u cant do anything bcoz the whole system is corrupted their and their is a law also that whether the stidents are good or bad everyone is passed so the teachers who are not corrupted cant do anything bcoz the whole system is corrupted
sourmisery thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: shubhraupadhyay

I know about municipal & goverment school
Kd is right here my uncle is a goverment teacher and I know how many people are corrupted their
I dont know u will beleive me or not but its the truth that their in the govrrment school teachers sleep in the school at the time of studies of the childrens and their the childrens future are being ruined
But u cant do anything bcoz the whole system is corrupted their and their is a law also that whether the stidents are good or bad everyone is passed so the teachers who are not corrupted cant do anything bcoz the whole system is corrupted

okay well I agree, government schools are corrupted but surely, not every one of them is 😕 There is an exception everywhere...if not completely government then semi-government institutes can't be that bad that one cringes at the mere mention of it
..WitchGrave.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Mais

okay well I agree, government schools are corrupted but surely, not every one of them is 😕 There is an exception everywhere...if not completely government then semi-government institutes can't be that bad that one cringes at the mere mention of it

Yaa maybe everyone is not corrupted but I said that I hav seen
anamikaanjali22 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice topic by the way!!! and i hope to see more replies from people to increase my insight on the topic!
well basically what i feel is that the private reputed institutions are prefered for their name and reputation, since they help in our future for making contacts and making a career in a way. as far as studies is concerned i guess its more or less the same..
and about government school, they are less reputed because the rich and majority opt for the private colleges and universities which leaves the remaining students with less grades to opt for these colleges. and thus studies arent given that much importance compared to the private institutions.
i personally believe that to make a career and achieve something big you need determination, focus and hardwork. if you really want something then by scoring well in these government colleges you can make a good career with your percentage and prove the world.
but that doesnt mean that private schools are taking money just because of the name coz these colleges have some of the best teachers and facilities wich make them costlier than the other colleges.
so ya basically if you cant apply for a good private institute then it will be a lil difficult for you to make a career if you are really a career minded person...
so good institutions is not enough for a good future but how dedicated and focused you are decides your future...
NidhaA thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Expensive education is nevee a guarantee for bright future
Money has a lot to do with life..
..but is it the only ingredient for a secure future- IMO No!
Futures are made by hardwork and dedications
Not many of the great people in history came from an affluent background
But KD's viewpoint is not totally wrong
Some prestigious institutions do carve out excellent gems
For example the school I attended till 10th had the higher fees than the regular schools in Saudi...
The education I got there, the all round development helped me a lot later.
So yes KD is not totally wrong
But like you said Mais, a person who is as motivated as him can develop where ever his is put
Education in a private institution can't guarantee quality...that comes from personal experience too
Worthy topic Mais...kudos
Love
Nidha

And that RaHi siggy has moi depressed...
Wish we get them back soon. ...
Aargh! I was all for cross couples...now I want them backEdited by FeistySoul - 11 years ago
..DamonCrazy.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
KD is right in his way. Private & reputed schools are preffered for various reasons - peer group, better teachers, labs & other facilities are usually better, more exposure & so on. And in most cases, if the school is very reputed, it helps in college applications too.

Govt schools/colleges...no doubt they are looked down more than they should be. But well... they are mostly quite sloppy. Teachers are not so efficient, the teaching methods are old & the peer group isnt all that good. Atleast in the govt schools I know of. So yeah... its not like you'll be finished, but everyone wants the best right. If they don't get it...its working hard which matters no matter were you study. A good school will just give you an edge.
tiara_magic thumbnail
i think it more depends on the grades caz they mostly see ur conduct
i dont think that a very expensive school will giv u a better future if u dont work hard
ya it is true that a known institute's student get better jobs caz the well known intitutes giv better facility than the municipal school and low schools
the well known schools have better teachers and professionals who help in trainig the children well...
Radiance. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Well, I don't agree with the government school thing.
They are totally corrupted.
Teachers sleep in the classes, paint their toenails and even make the students do their personal works like go veggie-shopping and all.
In the other way, except any government school, any other low-reputated school, doesn't show that they are bad.
Though mainly all the good schools are reputated.
Just my views.