Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: snowypatches02

Thanks Janaki for uploading these videos I will probably be watching them tomorrow 😊

I haven't uploaded them dear, I only just posted my favorite songs and scenes uploaded by someone else.😊 I will post more tomorrow if I have time!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Here are pics from one of the best RamSita scenes that comes after Ravan Vadh!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Oyyyeee Ankita, now I'm leaving the spamming duties to you.πŸ˜‰
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Good night everyone!πŸ€—
shalini28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
me late as usual

anyways

Happy 5th Anniversary

And also congratulations to everyone 

VersatileStar thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Jai Shri Ram
Wish Guru Debi a successful career ahead πŸ˜Š
sweety20 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
wowww..its since 5yr ramayan launced it jst seemed like sterday...thxx a lott sagar arts for giving such a wonderful serial..jai siya ram
ananya93 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
seriously on of the imp day in my life...thank u sagar arts...ramayan is a serial tat i cnt forget in my life...gurmeet and debina stil i see them as ram sita...thx a lot janaki di for opening this thread😊
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Here's a new article by Gurmeet in which he mentions Ramayan and his role as Shri Ram!

Published On: Sat, Jan 19th, 2013

Gurmeet Choudhury 'Even if Punar Vivah influences 10 people, it would be fantastic'

The epitome of perfection as Ram in Ramayana, Gurmeet Choudhary is trying to change mindsets as Yash in Punar Vivah.

by Ankita Chaurasia

Punar Vivah raises the issue of re-marriage. Do you identify with the concept?
Yes I do, today's generation has progressed in their thoughts and approach. Re-marriage is no longer a taboo. Mindsets have changed.

You have earlier played Ram, the perfect man, on TV. How different is Yash from Ram?
Ram is known to be maryada purushottam (exemplery gentleman). He is the best amongst all men and has all the positive characteristics, but is still affected and influenced by public opinion. He too experienced joy, pain and emotional trauma. Yash is mere human so is more emotional. He takes his own decisions, calls the shots and stands by Aarti even when his family opposes her.

Doesn't the responsibility attached to playing a mythological hero and now a socially progressive one weigh you down?
No, they are both role-playing for me. As actors, we have to have the ability to get into character once the camera is 'on' and get out of it when it switches 'off'. Otherwise it would take a huge emotional toll on us. As Ram, I had to carry the character with me because of the sentiments of the viewers. I had to be more cautious even in my personal life.

What's your take on divorce?
Divorce is not the solution to any problem. We should try to sort out the differences because that is what any marriage is all about. Two people from different background cannot be in the same zone all the time. But yes, if it gets really bad and issues cannot be sorted
out, then it's better to separate than live in pain.

Even after knowing that Aarti is a divorcee, you accept her, but don't reveal the fact to your family. Why not?
That's because the women in family tend to be more emotional. Sudden twists are difficult for them to handle. Hard truths have to be revealed with more finesse and sensitivity to get the desired response.

Do you think initiatives like Punar Vivah can change society's perception towards divorced women or even women in general?
I don't know how much it can change mindsets, but it is definitely a beautiful attempt. Even if it can influence 10 people, that would be fantastic.

How difficult is it for the kids to adjust after parents remarry?
It is really difficult for children. They are so innocent and delicate. They can easily be traumatized with change of place, people and school.

Much has been ritten about the discomfort between Krattika and you on the sets of Punar Vivah. Have you finally struck a friendship?
This is nonsense! How can there be discomfort between two people who are playing a couple on- creen? Yes, when you meet new people it takes time to understand them and get acquainted. I am very shy and reserved, and am often misunderstood. Kritika is a very nice person and a good actress.

Why don't we see Gurmeet and Debina doing shows together after Ramayana?
We will work only if something really good comes up. Ram and Sita are the epitome of the perfect couple. So, it has to be something extraordinary to ger us back together on screen. As of now, we are both doing our own shows individually.

Any plans of hosting shows or participating in a reality show?
Well, I just did Jhalak Dikhla Ja Season5 . As of now I am happy doing Punar Vivah. But if something exciting comes along, then why not?

Like many TV actors, do you see yourself making the transition to films?
Films are the natural step up after TV. But all in good time. I'm in t01452earing hurry to make it BIG!

Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 11 years ago