~*DOTW- Should Ratan move on? *~

Posted: 11 years ago

Hello all and welcome to another discussion of the week🤗

Well, the topic as the title suggests is about Ratan and her life after Sampooran's unannounced exit from her life...We know how guilty Ratan is of embracing Nihal mistaking him for Sampooran...and when she saw him at Gurpreet's house yesterday she looked at him with loathing...

Keeping Nihal and his mysterious identity aside, my debate is if Ratan should move on in life...She has waited long enough for Sampooran's return and will wait all her life but from a viewer's perspective, how much longer can she bear the solitude?...

Come share your views ...

Personally speaking I feel that Ratan should move on.  Brushing aside the romanticism that she is waiting for her husband like a dutiful wife, she should begin to think about herself.  How many more years is she going to wait for a husband who walked out on her and left her to fend for herself with two young children.  If Sampooran is still alive then he is being extremely selfish in not contacting her in all the five years. Ratan deserves to enjoy her life to the fullest and not be expected to live her life as a widow by proxy.  
Ratan should definatly move on, find another man (probably a close childhood friend) and fall in love with him. By default her marriage to Sampooran should diminish because he has been missing for the past 5 years. That kind of marriage should automatically be ended (if one spouse goes AWOL for at least 2 years) and it's ok for Ratan to marry again.

I do hope Ratan gets married again, I know Ranvi will not accept another man as his father so easily but Veera will be ok with it and then Ranvi will slowly accept this new man. Ratan will no longer see Veera as her first husband's illegitimate child but a child who regards her as mother and hopefully her new man as her father.

One big happy family.

And I hope Ratan gets pregnant again. :) Want to see her love her baby and smile, laugh and dance and be happy.

PS: I don't want Ratan's new man as Nihal- because I strongly beleive he is Sampooran with a plastic surgery face.
Edited by Amanat284 - 11 years ago

lol I'd be really surprised if Nihal is Sampooran after plastic surgery😲

but I definitely think Ratan deserves to move on in life...Sampooran was a spineless guy and Ratan shouldnt have to pay for his misdeeds even if they were committed unintentionally...
She deserves happiness as much as any other human being. Whatever the reason maybe, Sarpanch was to blame for abandoning his family. She cannot wait for years to get closure and with Nihaal's entry, it is becoming increasingly apparent that all is not well. I am anticipating sudden death of Ranvi's father. The possible candidate for her affection seems to be Nihaal. Personally, I would like someone new, not related to Ratan's husband. 
Ratan should move on!!! She deserves happiness after the betrayal!!! There is no point in waiting for him!! If I was Ratan, I would murder my spineless "Hubby" if we can even call him that!!! ðŸ˜† Jokes apart, she really should move on and finally get what she truly deserves!!!
Surely she must! I am guy myself and i am appalled at the way serials depict indian women despite claiming to have women centric themes..

Firstly Sampooran's logic of helping Veera's mother first then impregnating her as her dying wish defies any logic or moral sensibilities i know of.

He should have taken her back to her family and told Ratan everything...

Now running away or whatever is the reason behind his disappearance doesn't justify Sampooran's infidelity towards his wife. Plain and simple.
She deserves to be happy but the wounds of betrayal are too deep engraved. Sadly, though she should move on, she's very much there where Sampooran left. To say he was the Sarpanch of the village and he showed just cowardness when he had to face the music of his beats! 

She should firstly accept her present and stop living in the past or waiting for him. She pronto needs to realize and accept that Sampooran is not coming back. Once that happens, she needs to cry as much as she wants to let go off the grief and bitterness that's mounting in her. No woman deserves this! Only than I guess she'll be able to accept the rising sun! 
Ratan should move on. it is not easy for her and Ranvi. But how many years she will for her husband .no need to wait for a selfish like Samporan
Yes I think she should move on with life itself, new man or no man she just needs to stop waiting for Sampooran. She has been through so much with no fault of hers she is even starting to accept Veera.

She doesn't have to wait for someone who didn't have the patience to wait for her to get past the pain of betrayal.