DNA: Sada haq-Celeb on republic day-ST

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Sadda haq!

Stars from the small screen share their thoughts on what constitutional rights mean to them

Chaya Unnikrishnan

Sakshi Tanwar
The rising violence against women in India, after the recent gang-rape, has led to a fierce and unprecedented debate on attitude towards women. Can a passionate appeal for fairness and gender equality help? Today the call of the Indian woman is for greater respect and justice. We need to take a pledge to stand together, to believe in our Constitution and work towards the Independent India the way our freedom fighters believed in. The pledge should be to protect and respect the Indian woman and her right to freedom. The government has pledged to strengthen laws against sexual assaults after the outrage but to many of us we are just chasing a mirage.

Gurmeet Choudhary
I hold our Constitution in highest regard. I come from an army background ' my grandfather was a freedom fighter. Naturally, independent India and its law is of utmost importance to me. If not acting, I would have been in army. Our rights are our strength as they give us so much power. We can make or break the government. We can enjoy our country. Ours is the most lenient and all encompassing Constitution.

Anoop Soni
Constitution to me is the set of fundamental principles for a government and its public. If we need to make our nation a better place, we should strive for change. Everyone should be aware of their fundamental rights and most importantly, perform their fundamental duties honestly.

Shweta Tiwari
Constitutional rights and the Constitution are the means of my freedom of living in the Indian civilised society. 

Dilip Joshi 
For any country's progress rules and regulations should reflect the need of the hour. When our Constitution was written, kala dhan was not the issue, but now everybody knows the secret of Swiss Bank. We need modification at places for a better future along with quick justice.

'As told to Chaya Unnikrishnan      

Edited by -Ridzzi- - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABdaKriticizer thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Well said Shweta and all.😛
Thanks for sharing.😛
Freethinker112 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Exactly, in the democracy, constitution is the one thing who will prevent the majority from  overriding  individual rights and liberties.
Faraan92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Well said Shweta..👍🏼

Tfs..😛
100prabh thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very Well Said...
Thanks for sharing!!!