Mahatma Gandhi-- a great soul -tribute from IF

sami01 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

One of the main pillars of independence movement of India
Preacher of Peace and non violence and harmony between people of different faiths.
a true humanitarian
Tagore named him Mahatma(great soul)
World knows him as Mahatma Gandhi
On the 30th January 1948 shots from a pistol of Nathu Ram Godse ended his earthly life.
A violent end to a non violent and humanitarian

Only a few days before the assassination, as if he had a premonition, Gandhi had said:
"Should I die by the bullet of a madman, I have to do so with a smile. There must be no anger in me. God must be in my heart and on my lips and you must promise me one thing: Should such a thing happen, do not shed a tear. I have done my deeds for humanity not requested by any human and I cannot stop on request of anybody. I am like God wanted me and I do as he advises me to do. Let him do with me as he pleases. If he wants to he may kill me. I believe that I do as he orders."

His Famous Last Words were Hey Ram
Here is a small video made by CC team
It has some of memories along with famous speech of Jawahar Lal Nehru on Bapu's death along with funeral video.
 [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CES5We0pOY[/YOUTUBE]
The shock wave of grief ran through whole world
United nations lowered its flag in his Honor

Even today his teachings and values guide all peace loving people around the world and inspire many to follow his path to wards justice and peace.
In India this day is commemorated as Martyrs Day and 2 minutes silence is observed at 11.02 AM in his memory.
We at India-forums salute our dear bapu for showing us path of truth and humanity.Thank you for taking some time out to go through this post

Edited by sami01 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
We just referred to him in class today in a debate when talking about terrorism. 

We shall forever be in debt to him for the path of truth and honesty he has showered upon us all. A great soul indeed to be remembered for centuries to come. 

A very beautiful post Sami di and CC's. Applauds! 

-Khushi.
littleflaws thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
^ Call it ironic, but today in my eng, we had a mention of him too. Yeah a little history glance in english lecture as we were discussing an essay written by one British Indian. My teacher had a complete eye contact with me as we were talking and even asked me if she was right or not as she is du-uh not a history professor.  Won't get in details of the discussion.

Lovely post CCs (: 

- Monal
-MissBoiiVamp- thumbnail
Because of him India is independent!!! But sum people misuse the independence!!!
foram. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Great post.
Mahatma gandhi is father of our nation, one of the freedom fighter who playd imp role for our country's freedon with his nonvoilence.
We need a person like him in present scenario.
Jyo_Ksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for the post..:)
Minionite thumbnail
Call it even more ironic but we watched a movie on him today in our Film Experience class. We had a little discussion about him as well.

Great post CCs!

Mahatma Gandhi is the father of our nation, who will forever be remembered in our hearts and minds.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
The words he uttered are extremely inspiring and he was a 'Mahatma' in true means. He's still among us through his great thoughts. He fought for our rights without any weapon and that's the best part of his freedom struggle.
Lovely post btw.
Caped_Crusader thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Undisputed No.1 Leader Of This Subcontinent.

#Respect From Bangladesh.
-AarYaholic- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
That was inspiring!!

Loved this post dedicated to the father of our nation

Thanks TM