TOI: Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

As Chandramukhi Chautala, the dabang cop of FIR, Kavita Kaushik straightens out even the toughest of goons. But the actress has undergone a drastic transformation - from a gutsy cop to a lively, spirited girl from UP - for her latest show, 'Tota Weds Maina'.

Of the many characters she has played, Kavitasays most of them are closer to Maina than Chandramukhi. However, she is happy to be able to experiment in the genre of comedy. Says Kavita, "Maina is an extension of me. She is a happy-go-lucky, confident and outgoing girl. She is a typical girl who loves beautiful kurtas and applies makeup on occasions."

Her outfits in the show have been designed by Veera, a first-timer on the small screen, who has been a stylist for films like Phass Gaya Re Obama and Vicky Donor. Says Veera, "I have given Kavita lots of Anarkalis. We have used fabrics like chiffon, georgette, etc. Kavita helped us in deciding the colour palette."

On the show, Kavita is even speaking in a UP accent to make her character look authentic. She says, "I had to work on my accent and learn the local dialect. The show is based on the lives of people in Uttar Pradesh."

Tota Weds Maina airs Monday to Friday at 10.30pm on SAB TV.
Posted: 11 years ago
thanks for sharing Sri!!! 🤗

the above one was lovely she was looking so cute 😳