||FIR Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| - Page 2

Posted: 11 years ago
Every TV actor wishes to be on silver screen: Aamir Ali

Every TV actor wishes to be on silver screen: Aamir Ali

Aamir Ali, on his recent trip to Indore, got talking with us on daily soaps, reality shows and why he's not doing cameos in films any more

I prefer daily soaps over reality shows
People ask me that in this era, when reality shows enjoy such a huge popularity, why am I not seen more often in them? I've only participated in two reality shows - Nach Baliyeand Zara Nachke Dikha - which were dance-based shows. And honestly speaking, I find some of them to be very stupid and baseless. Participating in such serials kind of affects your image in the eyes of both, the audiences and your social circle. On the contrary, I find daily soaps to be better. Be it comedy or romance, at least they're creative and help you explore the artiste within. I was approached for a few reality shows that are a rage now, but somehow I couldn't connect with the concept. I'm no one to say that they're good or bad, but I don't like all of them.

Indore is rocking
I have only been to Indore once before this time, and I must admit that things have changed here drastically. This time around I found the roads to be excellent. The infrastructure is great and it's so not-crowded when you compare it to any congested metro city. Though the natives here are telling me that 'abhi aapne dekha hi kitna hai?', but I'm pretty sure that this city is rocking. Also, I'm a big foodie so I'm looking forward to gorging on some daal-bafla. Indore and its janta rocks!

Being a star is important
I have done a few cameos in films, but now people don't see me more often on the silver screen. That's only because I'm choc-a-block with my schedule for television shows. For me, being a wanted actor is important, not for the medium you work in. I may work in films and people may not even know my real name. That's not being a star! Today wherever I go, I'm their hero from one serial or the other. Isn't that a great achievement? Of course, every TV actor wishes to be onthe big screen with a great debut and so do I, but I'm very happy with my space. I wish to explore more in terms of characters and genres, and which is happening at a decent pace. And anyways, I'm so finicky with my choice of roles that kabhi kabhi I feel that I'm such a pakauperson. I can kill my serials' directors with my constant queries before taking on a project. Filmsmein itna time kahan hai logon ke paas?

"Maina is identical to Kavita": Kavita Kaushik

Thursday, January 10, 2013 | 5:48:16 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    4 Comments
"Maina is identical to Kavita": Kavita Kaushik

Kavita Kaushik in conversation with Tellybuzz regarding her upcoming show Tota Weds Maina

Kavita Kaushik, best known for playing Chandramukhi Chautala in SAB TV's FIR, is ready to play her new innings with her upcoming show Tota Weds Maina on SAB TV. Let's know more about this show,  her character and more from Kavita…

What was the reason to take up the showTota Weds Maina?

To be very honest, I was bored of playing Chadramukhi. I was tired in terms of output. I know there is a lot in me as a character that I can project and give my audience. I love my audience and I know what they want. I like to surprise them. When they say, that they can't imagine Chandramukhi without me, then this statement makes me want to surprise them.

Do you think that the audience will accept you as Maina after seeing you as Chandramukhi for long 7 yrs.?

Time will tell! I believe that the audiences are also greedy and intelligent like us actors. They want us to do new things and always want more. So, why shouldn't we give them a new character!

Are you enjoying your new look?

I am loving it. I have an army of people who are running after me asking me to wear different types of bangles, trying out different hair styles and outfits. I used to get ready within 10 minutes. While doing FIR. I hardly applied any make – up. Now, I have to keep combing my hair and using different beauty products

Tell us about your character in the show?.

mastikhor girl is hidden behind Chandramukhi whose name is Kavita Kaushik. Maina is identical to Kavita Kaushik who is very naughty, she wants to try doing everything. Sometime ago I went to Goa with some of my friends. We took a motor boat to reach to a private island. We all had great fun there. When it became to grow dark, everyone started telling us to leave from that locale but we were busy enjoying. When we were on the way in the sea while returning, a storm rose in between. I was enjoying and shouting while we all were in trouble. I don't like going to  parties. I like having fun like this way. This is the way Maina is! She is adventurous,  crazy and wants to do everything in life. She is not scared of anything.

Tota is totally opposite to Maina. What will happen if someone like Tota enters your life?

I need somebody to absorb me. When I shoot with Gaurav, I stay very happy and he handles me very well. In real life, if I  find someone like this, then it will be very good for me.

You enjoy being a part of comic shows. Will you be interested in doing emotional saas-bahusagas in future?

We have shot a few episodes for Tota Weds Maina and we have already shot an emotional sequence for one episode. I enjoyed a lot while shooting for it and my producer told me about this as well. Actually I was shooting an emotional scene after really long.  There will be a lot of emotional sequences in the show. I share a great bond with my on-screen mother in law, off-screen also. The audience will have a great time watching the show.

How do you keep yourself fit?

Smiling and laughing. I also take care of what I am taking in as food. I work a lot.

Kavita Kaushik loves surprising audience

Thursday, January 10, 2013 | 1:34:02 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    3 Comments
Kavita Kaushik loves surprising audience

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, best known as the strict yet kind-hearted police officer Chandramukhi Chautala of "F.I.R.", is geared up to show her romantic side in new show "Tota Weds Maina". She says she likes to surprise audiences wit

kavita kaushik

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, best known as the strict yet kind-hearted police officer Chandramukhi Chautala of "F.I.R.", is geared up to show her romantic side in new show "Tota Weds Maina". She says she likes to surprise audiences with every role.

"I have been doing 'F.I.R.' the past seven years. As an actor, you want to do different roles. You have some responsibility towards your audience. I always get a kick out of surprising my audience with my performance and playing a different role," Kavita told IANS.

"This role Maina is a role like that. I hope it is not early for me to say that it is as amazing and brilliant for an actor to play as Chandramukhi," she added.

Pointing out the difference between the two shows, she said: "'F.I.R.' was an out and out comedy which was sometimes over the top but this is more real. This is different. The audience will feel very differently. You will see me with real emotions."

Kavita feels the stories, content and treatment on the Indian small screen have hardly undergone any upgradation over the years.

"Many shows hold no social obligation to society and don't care about the message they are giving out to the youngsters and youth. On lots of shows, there is no scope of characterisation and performance. Earlier, we used to have these really good shows. Nowadays, you have reality shows which are all scripted drama and nonsense... where is the kind of television upgradation which we are looking at?" she said.

With two shows in her kitty for now, Kavita is not looking for anything else.

"I have just signed 'Tota Weds Maina' and 'F.I.R.' is also there. So on TV, I don't have time for anything else. But I am open for advertisements," she said.

TOI:Chandramukhi Chautala leaked into my real life

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Chandramukhi-Chautala-leaked-into-my-real-life-says-Kavita/articleshow/17940567.cms
Kavita Kaushik has played the role of inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in comedy TV show "FIR" for so long that it not only started affecting her real personality, she also had to shake up hard to get rid of it to don the colours of Maina for her new show " Tota Weds Maina".

She has played Chandramukhi Chautala for seven years and says that she lived the character of Chandramukhi Chautala so long "it leaked into my real life, I almost became that character".

"When I was approached for this character (Maina), I told him (producer) I will have to erase Chandramukhi from Kavita and then take something else," the 31-year-old said here Monday at the launch of her new show.

Now, Kavita is happy to do something different on the screen.

Watch out for Maina and her scenes with her mother-in-law, she says and adds: "You will see such amazing emotions. I was dying to do various different emotions and sensitive scenes which I was not doing for so many years."

The best part is that she is being pampered on the sets of "Tota Weds Maina", something which was amiss on "FIR" sets for obvious reasons.

"My producer has given me an army of make-up men, hair dressers and costumes... an army that I did not have for seven years. I used to go on the ('FIR') sets and used to get ready in 10 minutes - just put on the uniform and a bit of make-up, that's it. But now all the time there is someone decking me up with bangles, chunari, hair styling and all that. But I am enjoying this," Kavita said.

"Tota Weds Maina" stars Gaurav Gera opposite Kavita and it will go on air Jan 14 on SAB TV in place of the comedy "FIR" at 10:30 p.m. Now, "FIR" will be shown at the weekends.

TOI:Kavita Kaushik down with dengue; still shoots

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Kavita-Kaushik-down-with-dengue-still-shoots/articleshow/17939213.cms
Kavita Kaushik better known as Rowdy and Hero Chandramukhi Chautala of SAB TV's long running sitcom FIR is now trying hard to come out of her Dabanng Zone and play a chirpy, bubbly Maina in SAB TV's new offering Tota Weds Maina.

Interestingly, the actress is not leaving any stone unturned to shock the audiences with her new avatar. Hence, the actress in spite of suffering from Dengue is giving her best to grow the character of Maina. " I am going to shock the audiences for sure because till now for last 7 years, they have been seeing me as Dabanng Chandramukhi Chautala and now it will be difficult for them to accept me as sweet Maina. But I am going to shock them all with my new character. SAB TV has showed lot of trust in me and I am not going to led them down," promises the actress.

"I always learn my character along with essaying it. Notice my Chandramukhi Chautala in first episode, which was not that up to the mark but eventually I learned it. For me the craft of any character is more important than mere playing it," informs Kavita.

Kavita Kaushik also states that she doesn't fear anything in life and that's what keeps her going and giving her best. "I don't fear anything in life. Recently I met with an accident where our boat was actually going to sink in the sea but instead of fearing I was jumping on the deck, hoping the ship to actually sink. That is something which always keeps me going and gives me the power to work in any condition. Right now, I am suffering from Dengue but my attitude gives me energy to fight against it," signs off Kavita.

This is for the second time Kavita is suffering from Dengue, she was reported to be down with the same in the year 2011. Get well soon dear... 

Small screen offers big entertainment in 2013

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 | 8:32:10 AM IST (+05:30 GMT)    38 Comments
Small screen offers big entertainment in 2013

The Indian small screen is ready with its dose of entertainment for the new year. Watch out for new concepts, storylines and fresh seasons of popular shows in 2013.

tv showThe Indian small screen is ready with its dose of entertainment for the new year. Watch out for new concepts, storylines and fresh seasons of popular shows in 2013.

The staple offering of reality shows will continue with new seasons of "Kaun Banega Crorepati" (KBC) and "Indian Idol". Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will return as the host of the seventh season of KBC.

The third season of cooking reality show "MasterChef India" will go on air soon and celebrity chef Sanjeev Kapoor will be joining the judges panel this time.

Popular youth-centric reality shows "Roadies", "Emotional Atyachaar" and "Big Switch" too will return with new seasons and promise some freshness and lots of spice.

In the fiction space, "Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha", which wrapped up earlier this year, will come up with its second season.

Besides the new seasons, there is an interesting line-up of shows with fresh concepts.

Audiences will get to see "Welcome: Baazi Mehmaan-Nawaazi Ki", the Indian version of British show "Come Dine With Me".

To be anchored by TV actor Ram Kapoor, the celebrity show will be about judging the cooking and guest-hosting capabilities of participants.

Actor Tusshar Kapoor, who had earlier judged TV show "Comedy Circus Ka Jadoo", will once again be seen as the judge for a comic series titled "Nautanki". The show will bring the Broadway style of comedy-play on the Indian small screen.

As far as fiction is concerned, Sony has two shows - "Amita Ka Amit" and "Sajan" - while Sab TV is ready with "Tota Weds Maina" and "Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws".

"Tota Weds Maina" features "F.I.R." actress Kavita Kaushik playing the lead role of Maina and actor Gaurav Gera, best remembered as Nandu of "Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin", will play Tota.

"Hum Aapke Hain In-Laws" is the story of a sweet couple, played by Karan Grover and Pooja Pihal, caught in the whirlwind of confusion with their lovable in-laws.

Zee TV's new drama "Housewife Hai...Sab Jaanti Hai", starring Suhasi Goradia Dhami and Anirudh Dave, will explore the busy lives of housewives.

Another new show, "Sanskaar - Dharohar Apnon Ki", will go on air on Colors. The story of a close-knit family, it features actor Jay Soni.

So, one gauges avid viewers of these Hindi general entertainment channels have a lot on offer in the new year. Take your pick!

I don't feel the need to be in a relationship: Kavita Kaushik

I don't feel the need to be in a relationship: Kavita Kaushik
Talking to TOI during a recent Lucknow visit, actor Kavita Kaushik said she is enjoying her single status

LOOKING FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT Actor Kavita Kaushik is happy making people laugh, again with her next serial. "Isn't that the best thing to do?" she asks while on a recent trip to the city to promote her serial Tota Weds Maina. Another comedy we wonder, and she answers, "InFIR I am this bad cop who intimidates people. In this serial audience will see an absolutely different side of me. Here I play sweet and traditional girl. Frankly speaking, after playing Chandramukhi Chautala for seven years even I was getting restless and wanted to do something different."
Apart from playing the Haryanvi cop, Kavita has also been seen as the venomous Manya inKahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, the scheming Sakshi of Kutumb, the wily Porineeta in Tumhari Disha, and a lawyer in Remix. Kavita also did a cameo in Ram Gopal Varma's Ek Hasina Thi, apart from a telefilm called Padmalakshmi. "It's not as if I have only done comedy. I have played different characters too," she points out.

BORN FIGHTER Down with dengue but certainly not out, Kavita says she's every bit a fighter. "Why get scared of these small things?," she shrugs, adding, "I am not scared about anything. Recently, I had gone to celebrate New Year's on an island near Mumbai. On our way back we got caught in a storm and the yatch we were in was swaying crazily. But then also I wasn't scared. I was actually jumping on the deck and waiting for it to sink! I guess my fearlessness keeps me on going. I am suffering from dengue but it's my attitude that gives me the energy to fight it and carry on with life."

TOUGH TO PLEASE Having split from beau Karan V Grover Kavita, is enjoying her single status. "I am loving it. I am travelling like crazy, having a great time with my friends. Basically I don't feel the need to be in a relationship right now. There's no one I am answerable to ki kahan ja rahi ho, kya kar rahi ho. I am doing my own thing and loving it," says she. And if one's wondering what kind of man she is looking for, Kavita says, "He should be a superman. Look, I am a typical Haryanvi. I'm super-dominating and blunt and men get scared of me. In fact most are scared of even talking to me. A man should be confident and not get intimidated by a strong, independent girl like me. But sadly, tough men are a little hard to find," says she. 

Aamir Ali to enter posts Akash's death in Jhilmil Sitaaron..?

Aamir Ali to enter posts Akash's death in Jhilmil Sitaaron..?
Rajshri Productions' the makers of Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Aangan Hoga on Sahara One are coming up with innovative ways to keep viewers glued to their shows. 

After infusing the storyline with scheming, plotting, dramatic elements and introducing new faces, it's time for another gimmick. Viewers can expect a major track change in the upcoming episodes as Aamir Ali enters the show as the new hero.

Sources inform that Aamir Ali who became a household name through Rajshri Production's one of the longest running shows Woh Rehne Waali Mehlon Ki will soon be introduced as the new male lead of the show. Furthermore, Aakash ( Pankaj Tewari) the lead actor of the show dies in an accident which will mark the entry of Aamir as the new hero opposite Angana (Shriya Jha). Aamir who is also seen in FIR and Hongey Judaa Na Hum will be introduced in the second week of February 2013.

When contacted, Aamir Ali remained unavailable for comment. 
Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

Kavita gets a makeover for her new show

As Chandramukhi Chautala, the dabang cop of FIR, Kavita Kaushik straightens out even the toughest of goons. But the actress has undergone a drastic transformation - from a gutsy cop to a lively, spirited girl from UP - for her latest show, 'Tota Weds Maina'.

Of the many characters she has played, Kavitasays most of them are closer to Maina than Chandramukhi. However, she is happy to be able to experiment in the genre of comedy. Says Kavita, "Maina is an extension of me. She is a happy-go-lucky, confident and outgoing girl. She is a typical girl who loves beautiful kurtas and applies makeup on occasions."

Her outfits in the show have been designed by Veera, a first-timer on the small screen, who has been a stylist for films like Phass Gaya Re Obama and Vicky Donor. Says Veera, "I have given Kavita lots of Anarkalis. We have used fabrics like chiffon, georgette, etc. Kavita helped us in deciding the colour palette."

On the show, Kavita is even speaking in a UP accent to make her character look authentic. She says, "I had to work on my accent and learn the local dialect. The show is based on the lives of people in Uttar Pradesh."

Tota Weds Maina airs Monday to Friday at 10.30pm on SAB TV.
Aamir Ali quits 'F.I.R'

Aamir Ali quits 'F.I.R'

After playing a rustic cop Bajrang Pandey for more than a year in long running comedy show"F.I.R", popular TV actor Aamir Ali has quit the series.

"I will miss being on the sets of 'F.I.R', but my wishes and love is always going to be present. Keep watching 'F.I.R' every Saturday," Aamirtweeted Thursday.

"'F.I.R' is a cult show and will always be special. Comedy was something I could never imagine myself doing on television, but now will miss doing comedy," the 33-year-old further tweeted, but didn't reveal anything about his future plans.

Aamir, who is married to TV actress Sanjeeda Sheikh, has done fictions shows like "Kya Dill Mein Hai" and "Bhaskar Bharti" and reality shows " Nach Baliye 3" and "Zara Nachke Dikha".

He also had a sizeable role in 2010 Bollywood film "I Hate Luv Storys".