F.I.R

||FIR Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| - Page 3

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Aamir Ali quits 'F.I.R'

Thursday, February 07, 2013 | 4:22:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)    4 Comments
Aamir Ali quits 'F.I.R'

After playing a rustic cop Bajrang Pandey for more than a year in long running comedy show "F.I.R", popular TV actor Aamir Ali has quit the series.

After playing a rustic cop Bajrang Pandey for more than a year in long running comedy show "F.I.R", popular TV actor Aamir Ali has quit the series.

"I will miss being on the sets of 'F.I.R', but my wishes and love is always going to be present. Keep watching 'F.I.R' every Saturday," Aamir tweeted Thursday.

"'F.I.R' is a cult show and will always be special. Comedy was something I could never imagine myself doing on television, but now will miss doing comedy," the 33-year-old further tweeted, but didn't reveal anything about his future plans.

Aamir, who is married to TV actress Sanjeeda Sheikh, has done fictions shows like "Kya Dill Mein Hai" and "Bhaskar Bharti" and reality shows "Nach Baliye 3" and "Zara Nachke Dikha".

He also had a sizeable role in 2010 Bollywood film "I Hate Luv Storys".

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in

Kavita Kaushik out, Chitrashi Rawat in

After seven years, popular serial FIR will see a change. Kavita Kaushik, who has been playingInspector Chandram-ukhi Chautala, will no longer be on the show. There will be a generation leap with a new cop coming in as Chandramukhi's daughter.

Sources say Chitrashi Rawat, best known as one of the Chak De! India girls, will in all likelihood be finalised soon. Apart from Kavita, Aamir Aliand Kiku Sharda will also not be part of the time leap. The production house is hunting for Kiku's replacement. 

What prompted the change? Says the source, "After seven years, they felt it was time for a change. Also, Kavita is doing another show on the same channel, where she plays a character which is just the opposite of Chautala." Producer Binaifer Kohli, however, did not revert to our SMS.
Minionite thumbnail
Kavita Kaushik quits FIR

Kavita Kaushik, who shot to fame with FIR, playing the role of Haryanvi cop Chandramukhi Chautala, has now quit the show. She recently signed on a new series Tota Weds Maina (TWM), which is a daily on the channel and says its becoming tough for her to manage the two simultaneously. Post
Kavita's departure from the show, FIR will take a leap and Chautala's daughter will be the lead now.

On being contacted, Kavita confirms the news saying, "Yes, I have quit. The decision was taken when I signed TWM because it was a big commitment doing two lead roles at the same time. I was in talks with the channel and producers to do something about my character Chautala and we came up with an amicable solution."

A source reveals, "Last year Kavita wanted to leave the show as she wanted to do something else, but the makers almost doubled her pay and so she stayed on. The channel knew about her desire to try a new show and they offered her TWM. Kavita loved the idea but she told them that she won't be able to do two dailies at the same time. That's how FIR was made into a weekend show and TWM a daily but it was getting tough for her to shoot both, so Kavita told them that she can only do one and opted for TWM."

The producers have already cast the new lead. "Chitrashi Rawat, of Chak De! India (2007) fame, is being considered for it. Kavita has already shot the leap scene. Aamir Ali and two others surely won't be in the leap but Gopi (Gopi Bhalla) might be retained."

Minionite thumbnail

Happy Birthday to Kiku Sharda and Vishal Kotian

Two TV stars celebrate their birthdays today (14 February 2013). They are Kiku Sharda (who stars in F.I.R and Comedy Circus) and Vishal Kotian (who played the role of Shri in SAB TV's hit show Shri Adi Manav).

Kuki started celebrating his birthday last night. Narrating his birthday celebrations he says, "Last night my family came on the sets of Comedy Circus to give me a surprise birthday party. They got two cakes and my colleagues got me one cake. So I cut three cakes altogether. My parents gave me a beautifully handwritten card. In the evening I may go out with my wife to her favourite restaurant Yauatcha in the Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai."

On growing a year older the actor says, "Ageing is inevitable, I like to take life as it comes. Even when I am 60, I will celebrate my birthday like my 18th birthday."

We tried calling Vishal Kotian however he was out of reach. We wish both these stars a very happy birthday.

Minionite thumbnail

Birthday greetings to Kavita Kaushik and Rinku Karmarkar

Rinku Karmarkar and Kavita Kaushik

Birthdays are always beautiful. This is one day which fills our hearts with extreme alacrity and gaiety. And your favourite TV actors are no different. They also like to let their hair down and simply have a blast to celebrate the day they saw light for the first time on this earth.

Today (15 February 2013), talented actresses, namely Rinku Karmarkar and Kavita Kaushik are in a super happy mood. Reason? It's their birthday (yippee…let's all wish them together and sing the birthday song…you have two mins…okay now let's re-focus on the article).

Here…here…knock...knock…focus!!!

Okay…moving on…and talking about Rinku (Colors' Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha), the committed and hard working lady is shooting today. "Yes, I have been shooting but it is nice to have plenty of well wishers. I love them all. They pray and wish for my well-being."

She continued, flashing her pearlies: "Yes, I have turned a year older but the older I get the more younger at heart I become."
Well said, Rinku.

Now, we also tried getting in touch with vivacious and dabangg Kavita (Tota Weds Maina) but she remained out of reach. However, the moment we hear from her, we shall update her birthday plans right here.

Keep watching this space!!!

Minionite thumbnail

FIR all set to take 20-25 years leap

FIR

Edit II Productions FIR on SAB TV is up for a revamp. The show will see some new blood with the entry of fresh faces post the exit of Kavita Kaushik and Aamir Ali.

Media has already written about actor Chitrashi Rawat (of movie Chak De India fame) being roped in as the face of the serial.

And now the creatives have decided to opt for a sequential change as well.

"FIR is all set to take a leap of 20-25 years. Out of the core group, Kavita and Aamir are gone. Kiku Sharda will also be replaced and auditions are currently on. But Gopi Bhalla will stay on," said a source.

The same source also stated that the jump would happen by mid-March (2013).

Director Shashank Bali shared with us, "New actors are coming in and the show will see some conceptual changes. I can't really comment much about that but I must state that FIR is here to stay and entertain masses. We shall keep the warmth and spirit alive."

Let's see how viewers react to FIR post Kavita Kaushik's exit.

Minionite thumbnail
Chitrashi will be called Jwalamukhi in FIR

Chitrashi will be called Jwalamukhi in FIR

TOI had earlier reported about Kavita Kaushik quitting popular sitcom, FIR, after playing Chandramukhi Chuatala for seven years.

We also reported about Chak De girl Chitrashi Rawat stepping into Kavita's rather big shoes.

Kavita had quit the show after she took up another soap, titled Tota Weds Maina on the same channel. And we have been informed by our sources that the remaining cast of FIR has also been finalised. The old cast has been replaced by new faces.

Chitrashi will be introduced following a time leap and her character will be named Jwalamukhi. Actors Nirmal Soni, Dinesh Bhan and Mohit Matto will join the new cast of the show.

Informs a source, "The cast has been finalised and the shoot will commence from March 2. Nirmal will play Maalpuwa, Dinesh will play Pappu and Mohit will play Carry on."

Chitrashi Rawat didn't revert to our text message.
Minionite thumbnail
FIR takes a 20 year leap

FIR takes a 20 year leap

Chitrashi Rawat signed on to play Jwalamukhi Chautala.

SAB TV's much loved show FIR is all set to take an exciting 20 year leap where the lead protagonist of the show will be 'Jwalamukhi Chautala', played by the power packed actress, Chitrashi Rawat. The 20 year leap ensures double entertainment and action as the powerful characters such as Jwalamukhi Chautala, Gopi and Billu continue to indulge in entertaining antics while they attempt to solve cases. With the increasing crime rate in Ravanpur, the docile, innocent Jwalamukhi Chautala transforms into a fiery woman who leaves no stone unturned to stand up for the right things in life. Theatmosphere in Ravanpur changes for the good after the entry of Jwalamukhi who takes over Iman Chowki with her unique style of simplicity as well as dabbang attitude.

Taking over the mantle of Jwalamukhi Chautala, Chitrashi Rawatsays, "I am truly honored to be a part of the FIR team and moreover, to play the successor of Chandramukhi Chautala. My role is that of a sweet shy bespectacled girl who believes in pleasing people who turns into a super woman when she sees atrocities committed against women. This avatar of mine will make my viewers see the resemblance between me and my mother. I've given my best shot as Jwalamukhi Chautala and I hope my audiences love me in my new avatar."

With the 20 year leap, the story progresses with Chandramukhi Chautala being transferred and ever since, the crime rate in Ravanpur has been out of control. This becomes a serious situation and requires the appointment of someone as fierce as Chandramukhi Chautala. This marks the entry of 'Jwalamukhi Chautala' who succeeds her mother and is the perfect match for the position of a Sub Inspector. She has a strong personality and changes the atmosphere of Ravanpur by taking her dabang mother's avtaar.

FIR boasts of a strong cast comprising of Chitrashi Rawat, Gopi Bhalla, Sandeep Anand, Sapna Shikarwar, Dipesh Bhan, Manju Sharma, Prana Mishra, Mohit Mattu, Suresh Chatwal and Nirmal Soni.
Minionite thumbnail

'F.I.R' takes leap, Chitrashi replaces Kavita

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, popular as Haryanvi cop Chandramukhi Chautala in "F.I.R.", has quit the show and she has been replaced by Chitrashi Rawat of "Chak De! India" fame.

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 | 6:15:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   5 Comments  |  2669 Views

TV actress Kavita Kaushik, popular as Haryanvi cop Chandramukhi Chautala in "F.I.R.", has quit the show and she has been replaced byChitrashi Rawat of "Chak De! India" fame.

The comedy show will take a 20-year leap and after the shift Jwalamukhi Chautala, daughter of Chandramukhi Chautala, played by Chitrashi, will become the central character.

"I am truly honoured to be part of the show and moreover to play the successor of Chandramukhi. My role is that of a sweet, shy bespectacled girl who turns into a super woman when she sees atrocities against women," said Chitrashi who played Komal Chautala in the hit movie "Chak De! India". She also featured in "Fashion".

And what about the pressure that comes with the replacement?

"Kavita did an excellent job in 'F.I.R.'. I don't think I would be able to match up to her, but yes, I am here to do what I feel is good. I am not the one who is going to follow someone's footstep. I will be myself in the character," she told IANS.

Talking about shifting her base to TV, she said: "It depends on the scripts."

She feels that she is not cut out for 'saas bahu' shows and wants to do TV shows "which can reflect my personality".

"It's been six years since I played Komal, but for me that was just the trailer. My full role of Komal will now be seen in 'F.I.R.'," she added.

Is she like her character in real life too?

"In real life, I am not exactly like my on-screen character. I am truly aware of my feminine side and I like dressing up and do what any girl would love to do," she said.

The new storyline in "F.I.R", produced by Edit 2 Production, will be seen from March 16 on SAB TV.

Minionite thumbnail

Jr. Chautala to take over Iman Chowki after the 20 year leap in FIR

Chitrashi Rawat

Summary: Soon after the leap, Chitrashi Rawat will be seen as Jwalamukhi Chautala the lead protagonist of the show. Furthermore, the 20 year leap ensures double entertainment and action as the powerful characters Jwalamukhi Chautala, Gopi and Billu continue to indulge in entertaining antics while they attempt to solve cases. The story will begin with the docile, innocent Jwalamukhi Chautala transforming into a fiery woman with the crime rate increasing in Ravanpur. There the atmosphere changes for good after the entry of Jwalamukhi who takes over Iman Chowki with her unique style of simplicity as well as dabangg attitude. Rest of the cast will include Gopi Bhalla, Sandeep Anand, Sapna Shikarwar, Dipesh Bhan, Manju Sharma, Prana Mishra, Mohit Mattu, Suresh Chatwal and Nirmal Soni.