Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Jwalamukhi steps into mom Chandramukhi's shoes

Jwalamukhi steps into mom Chandramukhi's shoes

TV show 'FIR' is back in a new avatar — with a leap of 20 years and a new protagonist named 'Jwalamukhi', played by Chitrashi Rawat. With the crime rate in Ravanpur steadily on the rise, an otherwise innocent and docile Jwalamukhi transforms into a fiery woman, who fights for what's right. Ravanpur's crime rate spiralled out of control after Chandramukhi Chautala was transferred years ago. 

The situation becomes so serious that it demands someone as fierce as Chandramukhi. That's when Jwalamukhi enters. Says Chitrashi, "It feels great to play the successor of Chandramukhi Chautala. My role is that of a sweet, shy and bespectacled girl, who believes in pleasing people. She turns into a super woman whenever she sees atrocities committed against women. That's when viewers will see the resemblance between me and my mother."
Along with Chitrashi, the show also stars Gopi Bhalla, Sandeep Anand, Sapna Shikarwar, Dipesh Bhan, Manju Sharma, Prana Mishra, Mohit Mattu, Suresh Chatwal and Nirmal Soni. Anooj Kapoor, EVP and business head of the channel, says, "The 20-year leap has been conceived to add more elements of entertainment to the show. We are confident that with the new cast and a progressive storyline, the viewers will continue to enjoy the show." 
FIR airs every Saturday at 9 pm on SAB TV.
Minionite thumbnail
It takes me just 45 minutes to become Jwalamukhi

It takes me just 45 minutes to become Jwalamukhi

Post a 20 year leap, FIR is back with a new protagonist: Chak De girl Chitrashi Rawat as Jwalamukhi, the daughter of Chandramukhi (played by Kavita Kaushik). She will take charge of Imam Chowki.

An excited Chitrashi recounts, "I've been in Mumbai for six years now. I auditioned for Chak De as they required real-life hockey players and I was one. My acting was appreciated and while I am not trained in it, I've realised over time, that it's my true calling. I played a Haryanvi player inChak De, so FIR is like second innings as I play a Haryanvi cop in it. I'll be myself in this role and am sure I will do justice to the character."

So, is she nervous since she is taking over from Chandramukhi, who is an extremely popular character? "Not at all. It's a good thing that the show is so popular. What is nerve-wracking about it is the fact that TV means a long time commitment. I had kept myself away from television for so many years but I am enjoying shooting for the show." Hailing from a sports background, Chitrashi is a little tomboyish but loves to wear all kinds of clothes like a typical girl. "I like to wear comfortable clothes and a pair of hot pants teamed up with a tee is more my style. I'm a happy-go-lucky girl and am straightforward. I prefer to call a spade a spade rather than beat around the bush. In a way, I am a bit similar to Jwalamukhi. It takes me only 45 minutes to become Jwalamukhi."

Starting tonight, FIR airs every Saturday at 9 pm on SAB TV.
Minionite thumbnail
Chitrashi likes being original in 'F.I.R.'

Actress Chitrashi Rawat, who entered hit comedy show " F.I.R." after it took a 20-year-leap, says she doesn't take inspiration for the role of Jwalamukhi Chautala from anyone.

Prior to the leap, actress Kavita Kaushik used to play Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala. Chitrashi now plays Chandramukhi's daughterin the show.

"I try to be myself, and just act (according to) what comes from within at that moment. So I follow that! No inspiration whatsoever," the 23-year-old said here Friday on the sets of the show.

"I have actually never seen the show, I have no idea how she (Kavita) used to do it. Yes, I did get a glimpse (of the show) sometimes while flipping channels. Otherwise, I have not really seen how it was," she added.

The show continues to star Gopi Bhalla as Gopi, Sandeep Anand as Billu, Suresh Chatwal as Commissioner.
Minionite thumbnail

FIR to become daily again

FIR

Summary: SAB TV's long running cop show FIR is all set to become a daily again. She had been replaced by Chak De film fame Chitrashi Rawat. Apparently, the TRPs of the show have gone up since the entry of Chitrashi as Jwalamukhi Chautala (the daughter of Chandramukhi). And as a result SAB TV has decided to again make FIR a daily project. Also the fact that Tota Weds Maina tanked may have played an important role to bring back FIR.

Minionite thumbnail

Actress Chitrashi Rawat, who entered hit comedy show "F.I.R." after it took a 20-year-leap, says she doesn't take inspiration for the role of Jwalamukhi Chautala from anyone.

Sunday, April 07, 2013 | 2:29:03 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: IANS  |   6 Comments  |  1416 Views

Actress Chitrashi Rawat, who entered hit comedy show "F.I.R." after it took a 20-year-leap, says she doesn't take inspiration for the role of Jwalamukhi Chautala from anyone.

Prior to the leap, actress Kavita Kaushik used to play Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala. Chitrashi now plays Chandramukhi's daughter in the show.

"I try to be myself, and just act according to what comes from within at that moment. So I follow that! No inspiration whatsoever," the 23-year-old said here Friday on the sets of the show.

"I have actually never seen the show, I have no idea how she (Kavita) used to do it. Yes, I did get a glimpse of the show sometimes while flipping channels. Otherwise, I have not really seen how it was," she added.

The show continues to star Gopi Bhalla as Gopi, Sandeep Anand as Billu, Suresh Chatwal as Commissioner.

Minionite thumbnail
I was bored doing FIR for seven-and-a-half years: Kavita Kaushik

I was bored doing FIR for seven-and-a-half years: Kavita Kaushik

Kavita Kaushik on what went wrong with the show Tota Weds Maina and whether she regrets choosing this one over FIR 

Your new TV show Tota Weds Maina has gone off air in less than three months. How do you feel about that?
There's no feeling. But, yes, I personally believe that a show must be given time, at least a few months to settle down. If they expected high TRPs, they needed to give it some time. AndTota Weds Maina had replaced FIR, an established show, so all the more reason why it should have been given more time.

It was constantly being compared to FIR, where you played Chandramukhi Chautala.
FIR is an eight-year-old show and hence, there should have been no comparison. Also, there were constant changes in Tota Weds Maina. The director changed five times, the writers changed... basically the team just couldn't get formed. Even in a marriage, you need time to adjust to each other. Some teams miraculously get formed, others need a little time. FIR too, took almost a year to become popular.

Do you regret your decision to move from FIR to Tota Weds Maina?
Not at all. I loved FIR, but I was bored doing it for seven-and-a-half years. And my timing has been great because I am doing a film rightnow. The producers of Tota Weds Maina have been very supportive and in fact, in the last week of the show, helped me adjust dates with my film shoot.

Do you feel somewhere the audience preferred you as the tomboyish Chandramukhi Chautala rather than the feminine Maina in the show?
I wouldn't say that. FIR has been on for many years and I have won awards for my comic performance. But before that, I played negative roles in the K-serials and at that time nobody had imagined that I could do comedy. I looked like a rich bitch when I did negative roles and tomboyish when I played the cop. So, it's really about the character that I'm playing.
Minionite thumbnail
TV actors talk about quitting their shows: Real or fake?

Recent times have seen TV actors talk about quitting their shows. Are they serious? Or is it a publicity gimmick? Or just a tactic for a pay hike?

When a telly show's lead actor or actress announces his/her exit, it puts the very future of the show at stake. But more often than not, such threats have turned out to be gimmicks — either to garner immediate attention or for a fatter pay packet. While there have been instances of actors genuinely wanting to bid adieu to their shows — no matter how rare they are — an announcement to quit is always seen with suspicion. So, is it for money or for real? We look at some recent examples.

Kavita Kaushik
The actress had threatened to quit comedy show FIR almost a year before she finally walked out. At that time, many were of the opinion that it was to force a hike in remuneration. Much later, Kavita bowed out of the show to play the lead in Tota Weds Maina, which went off air recently.
Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Mystery person with a pitcher to rob the bank in SAB TV's FIR

FIR

Summary: When you think of a bank robbery, the image you immediately conjure is of a team of ruthless masked hurly burly goons storming into a bank, with huge rifles. They overpower the bankers and customers with threat and violence indeed making it a nightmarish ordeal for them. FIR (Edit II Productions) is however a comedy in which no case is sinister or criminal in nature. Indeed there have been cases on divorce, snoring, bad cooking which have come to the police chowky. Very soon on the show a lively bank robbery case will be telecast in the serial. Our source mentioned that the bank robber will conceal his or her face with a pitcher. Inspector Jwalamukhi Chautala (Chitrashi Rawat) has to fathom both the gender and identify of the robber.
Minionite thumbnail

I had to struggle till I finally bagged a role in a film: Naveen Bawa

Naveen Bawa, who is currently seen playing important cameos in SAB TV's FIR, has had a very filmy journey as far as his stint in the entertainment industry is concerned. Having started his career as a theatre artiste in Delhi, he shifted to Mumbai and took up all that came his way. "It wasn't an easy journey. I had to struggle till I finally bagged a role in the Shekhar Suman-starrer Reporter. After that I worked in films like Hindustan Ki Kasam, Chalte Chalte, Raju Chacha and Goal," says the actor. Besides films, he did several serials like Imtihan, Knock... Knock... Kaun Hai? andHum Saath Aath Hai.

So when and how did you bag FIR? "I was working with Contiloe for its comedy show Comedy Club for which Shashank Bali our director in FIR was assisting Rajan Waghdhare ji. He offered me FIR and from there on I have been a part of this long-running show. I have been associated with the project for five and a half years now," he answers.

Any plans of moving on? "No, I am very happy and satisfied with the show as I get to play different characters every now and then. Plus, FIR has become like a family for me. But yes, I do keep working in plays. I had written and directed a play titled Aasman Se Gire… Khajoor Pe Atke in which my friends Shakti Kapoor and Padmini Kolhapure were part of. Right now I am working on yet another play titled Baap Ka Baap."

Minionite thumbnail
FIR to telecast an eerie episode
Supernatural themes are catching up on TV which is why even mainstream shows are including eerie plots. That is what Sony TV's Adaalat did last week. Soon on SAB TV's F.I.R (Edit II Productions) a man will file an FIR that he is hearing an ominous scary voice which is coming from the upper floor. When Jwalamukhi Chautala (Chitrashi Rawat) goes to investigate, she finds the flat locked, unfurnished and vacant. No mortal soul has lived there since the last 20 years. Jwalamukhi resolves to get to the bottom of this.