||FIR Article Archives - NO COMMENTS|| - Page 5

Posted: 10 years ago
Chandramukhi Chautala back in 'FIR'

Chandramukhi Chautala back in 'FIR'

A few months ago, Kavita Kaushik quit FIR — the show she is synonymous with — for another show Tota Weds Maina on the same channel. The actress, bored of playing the same character for almost eight years, was looking for a change and hence the decision. The makers of FIR roped in 'Chak De' girl Chitrashi Rawat.

While Kavita's Tota Weds Maina couldn't make a mark and ended in less than three months, courtesy its poor run, Chitrashi too failed to recreate the old magic in FIR. Hence, the channel is bringing back Kavita asChandramukhi Chautala. It's still unclear whether or not Chitrashi will continue being part of the show.

Kavita confirms, "I don't know how things will pan out. All I can say is that Chandramukhi is coming back with a bang. It will be a grand entry." Producer Binaifer Kohli didn't revert to our text message.
FIR brings to you a spine-chilling Zombie sequence!

FIR brings to you a spine-chilling Zombie sequence!

For the first time ever, SAB TV brings to its viewers the joy of experiencing a zombie attack. Its popular show FIR will be soon telecasting an interesting sequence that will leave the viewers thoroughly entertained.

The track unfolds with an unusual case that comes Inspector Jwalamukhi Chautala's way. It seems like there has been some sort of a zombie invasion and they are killing people around town one by one, thus turning them all into zombies.

Courageous and undaunted by anything, Inspector Jwalamukhi steps forward to solve this case under any circumstance. What she doesn't know is what is in store for her. Soon with the help of InspectorGopinath Gandola, when she gets to know of an Inspector who amongst them is a zombie himself, she decides to take this matter into her own hands and confront him. However, the zombie scare turns out to be true and Jwalamukhi gets bitten, only to turn into a zombie herself. 

With a sequence of power-packed performances and transformative avatars that the stars get into, on FIR, the episode is all set to have the audiences completely soaked into the thought of 'what happens next'! 

Speaking of the sequence, an excited Chitrashi Rawat stated, " It was so much fun shooting for this episode. It is a concept that the Indian television space hasn't really ventured into much. From stepping into the get-up of a zombie to acting like one, everything about this sequence was absolutely great. The viewers are definitely in for a treat with this episode and I'm sure that they will all definitely enjoy watching it." 

Will Gopinath, Billu, Pappu and Malpuwa be able to help Inspector Jwalamukhi get rid of herzombie possession? Or will they all turn into zombies themselves? Well, we hear that there is a hero amongst them all. To know more, continue watching FIR and get absolutely entertained!

Perfect re-entry on F.I.R.: Kavita Kaushik

Actress Kavita Kaushik is coming back to work her magic as Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in popular show "F.I.R.", and she is mighty excited to experiment with interesting stunts and action scenes.

The actress, known for her 'bindaas' style and excellent comic timing as the Haryanvi police officer, had left the show earlier this year after being a key part of it for seven years.

Speaking of her comeback, Kavita said: "I feel like I've come back to my friends. In fact, everyone around me is so excited and kicked. My entry into the show has also been planned really well, with action sequences and stunts."

Kavita is "certain that the viewers are going to thoroughly enjoy watching the show as I continue to entertain them in a 'dhamakedaar andaaz'."

During her time away from "F.I.R.", she was seen in "Tota Weds Maina", another comic show on the same channel, SAB TV.

Kavita was replaced by Chitrashi Rawat of "Chak De! India" fame. The show took a 20-year leap and Chitrashi played Jwalamukhi Chautala, daughter of Chandramukhi Chautala.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Perfect-re-entry-on-F-I-R-Kavita-Kaushik/articleshow/20816274.cms
I made khaki uniform glamorous: Kavita Kaushik

I made khaki uniform glamorous: Kavita Kaushik

TV actress Kavita Kaushik says it was much before Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn made khaki popular with their cop roles in "Dabangg" and "Singham", respectively, that she glamourised and popularised the uniform on the small screen.

"For 7 years, Chandramukhi Chautala made the audience laugh with her fearless nature and perfect comic timing. My character in the show made the audience realise that the police station is not a boring place," Kavita told IANS.

"It was way before films like 'Dabanng' and 'Singham' came. I was the one who made khaki uniform glamorous and sexy before Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn did," she added.

After entertaining the viewers as aggressive and bossy Chandramukhi Chautala in "F.I.R" for years, she took a break from the show three months ago, but now she is making a comeback.

The 32-year-old, who started her stint on " F.I.R." in 2006, is "excited" to be back on SAB TV's comedy drama.

After she quit "F.I.R.", the show took a 20-year leap and "Chak De! India" fame actress Chitrashi Rawat joined the cast as Chandramukhi's daughter Jwalamukhi, also a police officer.

"I am very excited to be back on the show, it's like coming back to my family. Apart from her perfect comic timing and bindaas attitude, Chandramukhi will be seen doing more stunts, action sequences and donning more get-ups," said Kavita.

"The show will complete 1,000 episodes very soon and I have slipped into more than 800 get-ups so far for my character. I guess this is the highest anyone has ever done on the small screen," she added.

At the beginning of this year, Kavita took up another comedy show " Tota Weds Maina".

If her character in "F.I.R." has been loud, "Tota Weds Maina" saw her playing a shy and demure girl.

The actress said Maina is just the "opposite" of Chandramukhi, adding: "Chandramukhi is very naughty, she is an extension of Kavita."

"I am very naughty and sarcastic. Sarcasm is a part of me. I am very funny and I am not scared of things, so Chandramukhi was something like me," she added.

The actress was also part of dance reality show "Nach Baliye 3", in which she had participated with her ex-boyfriend Karan Grover.

When asked whether she would like to participate in any reality show, Kavita said: "No, reality shows are money-making business. The participants are paid and the judges are paid. It's all about making money, nothing else. I participated in 'Nach Baliye 3' because they were offering good money."

What else do you have in your kitty?

"I am doing a film called 'Democracy Pvt. Ltd.'. It is a political satire," said the actress who has been part of shows like "Kutumb""Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii" and "Kumkum".

After Kavita Kaushik; Kiku Sharda is back on SAB TV's FIR

The seven year old FIR (Edit II Productions) on SAB TV was having trouble garnering TRPs of late with the story moving 20 years ahead in time and Kavita Kaushik's character coming to an end. However, the channel and the makers have now decided to go the "old way" and bring back the fiery and feisty Chandramukhi Chautala back in the show. Yes, Kavita will be back playing Chandramukhi Chautala from tonight's (8 June 2013) episode. Indeed...a wah wah development!!! But we have more info…Kavita is not the only actor who is making a comeback. Kiku Sharda, who was earlier seen enacting the role of Constable Mulayam Singh Gulgule, is also back with a bang. The actor had opted out of the show when it went for a sequential leap. Now that the story is again going back to 20 years in time, Kiku is back in business. If sources are to be believed in tonight's episode they will show that Gopi (Gopi Bhalla) had been dreaming all this while and he finally wakes up to only get back to the real world with Chandramukhi Chautala around him. However, Kiku's entry will be aired sometime in August as the actor hasn't begun shooting yet.
Reel cop meets a real one!

Reel cop meets a real one!

Kavita Kaushik, alias Chandramukhi Chautala, the feisty cop of telly serial 'FIR', was in Jaipur a few days ago. She was as bindaas as her on-screen persona as she went about announcing her comeback on that show. However, after a spree of promotional activities, Kavita said what almost all women say when in Jaipur: "I want to go shopping." She wanted to go to the old market in the walled city. 

As we tailed her as she got in and out of shops and signed autographs, we were surprised by her shopping skills as well - they were so good, that even a city jeweller was surprised at her bargaining powers. She was wearing knee high boots and a pair jeans teamed with a sleeveless T-shirt. Boots in scorching heat of Jaipur? Anyway, Kavita was shopping at a jewellery shop in Bapu Bazaar, and she tried on a few pieces of earrings and selected a pair of silver hoops - and like a smart shopper, asked for a discount. And when the shopkeeper refused saying, 'Madam nahi ho payega', Kavita laughed and said, "Kya tum mujhe jante nahi ho? Chalo jaldi se discount kar do." 

Without uttering a word, shopkeeper wrapped the earrings, quoted a discounted rate and gave her the earrings. She bought a few other things too, and carrying heavy shopping bags, she stepped out of yet another shop. Though she was not wearing her trademark Khaki uniform, many people still recognized her and rushed to take her autograph. On the way back to the main market, she spotted a traffic cop, and quickly went to have a chat with him. Guess, she was asking for some tips from a real cop!
Eight soaps in revamp mode

Eight soaps in revamp mode

It seems to be makeover season for primetime dailies. Hindi GECs have hit on a smarter formula to revive sagging storylines of existing soaps and giving them a longer airtime (and better TRPs) by introducing new characters (and turning one into a main protagonist), sprucing up current story tracks (may be a leap forward in time or even backward), changing the 'look' of the show protagonists (and even replacing stars who can't deliver TRPs from the show altogether). After all in the numbers game, a show is only as good as its weekly TRPs! 

F.I.R.
Revamp recipe: Kavita Kaushik lived the role of the fiery motormouth female cop, Chandramukhi Chautala in F.I.R. for seven years making it very tough for her replacement Chitrashi Rawat to fit in her shoes. By popular demand, Kavita has been brought back on her signature show in the same role and the makers are hoping for a longer shelf-life for the show.

Chandramukhi goes to Chinatown to solve a case in SAB TV's FIR

Summary: Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala (Kavita Kaushik) of SAB TV's FIR (Benaifer Kohli and Sanjay Kohli) will be visiting Chinatown dressed in a Chinese avatar with a dance sequence to follow. A woman will be filing a missing person complaint at the police station. Her husband was working in Chinatown. Chandramukhi first sends her subordinates Gopi and Sandeep to the town to solve the case but they can't crack it. This compels Chandramukhi to visit Chinatown dressed as a Chinese lady.

Fevicol ke jod actors -The Dependables

Fevicol ke jod actors? What's that? You all must be thinking?

Well, our television industry abounds with many talented and veteran actors. In a time when shows are going off air in a jiffy, there are some which are ruling the roost for many years now.

Yes, content is the reason…but there is one more good thing that has led to the success of the shows.

The actors…who like pillars…have been a constant support for years together now.

Yes, Time has become very fickle now with young actors opting in and out of projects in quick succession.

Edit II Productions' successful show on SAB TV's FIR, has been a household name and so has been the lead protagonist Kavita Kaushik aka Chandramukhi Chautala who is known as Chulbul Pandey of Indian television. In the show, she is known for her manly nature, bossy attitude towards her colleagues with a typical Haryanavi accent. This sexy looking cop has completed seven years now in the show. Yes she did leave the project in between, but like a true loyalist has now gotten back.

Luxury of films not available for TV actors: Kavita Kaushik

Luxury of films not available for TV actors: Kavita Kaushik

Kavita Kaushik, who has recently made a comeback to comedy show " F.I.R.", believes a TV actor's life is tougher than that of a film actor.

"There are so many problems in a TV actor's life. There is no choreographer, so we have to do everything ourselves and that too in just a few minutes. This is the beauty of TV," the 32-year-old said here on location of "F.I.R."

"People hold films higher (in higher regard) than TV. But I would say that TV actors do things in a few minutes, catch characters quickly and do scenes in minutes... and that too eight to nine scenes daily. The luxury of films is not available here. So we do everything ourselves in very little time," she added.

Kavita became popular with the role of Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala in "F.I.R.". She had quit the show in January, and featured in a new show " Tota Weds Maina", which went off air April. Now she is back on "F.I.R.".

The actress hopes to play a journalist on screen someday.

"I haven't played a journalist. I also want to ask 'Kaisa lag raha hai' (How are you feeling)... so I haven't played a journalist which I might play soon. There are a lot of other roles also which I haven't done," Kavita said.

Kavita will be seen in an item number in the upcoming remake of 1973 film " Zanjeer".