Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Minionite thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Vipul Roy is the new lead in FIR
Vipul Roy is the new lead in FIR

After a rigorous hunt for the new male lead, actress Kavita Kaushik " the feisty cop Chandramukhi Chautala " will finally have a guy opposite her in comedy show, FIR. 

The role has been bagged by actor Vipul Roy. Previously, it was Aamir Ali, who played malelead Bajrang Pandey. Coming back to Vipul; the actor has featured in shows like Salaam Zindagiand suspense-thriller Chehra. He later moved on to hosting shows and anchored Zee Ghar Ghar Mein and Sa Re Ga Ma Pa. What followed for the actor was lot of travelling and events abroad. However, he is back now and all geared up to don the khakhi.

Says a source associated with the show, "A lot of actors including Shaleen Bhanot had auditioned for the part but the role has finally gone to Vipul. It will be a challenge for him to make his mark amid the actors, who have already established themselves. He will start shooting from the first week of September."

When contacted, Vipul refused to comment.

Minionite thumbnail
No more bahu roles for these TV actresses
No more bahu roles for these TV actresses

These TV actresses flatly refuse to get slotted inrepetitive roles

Kavita Kaushik
"I can't wear a saree, mangalsutra, sindoor and behave like a docilebahu. There is an ocean to be filled as far as television content goes, but we continue to stick to tried-and-tested formulas. I've never followed popular trends. If television is about women-centric shows that talk of women empowerment, why are women always crying on shows?"

Minionite thumbnail

Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala on her quest to solve her 1000th case!

Criminal's 1000th crime is Chandramukhi Chautala's 1000th case. How will Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala solve the mystery of the case? Read this space to know more...

Wednesday, September 04, 2013 | 12:09:05 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   3 Comments  |  248 Views

The town of Rawanpur witnessed 999 crime cases being solved by Dabbang police inspector, Chandramukhi Chautala (Kavita Kaushik) along with her loyal peeps, Billu and Gopi. As a new case arrives, Chandramukhi, Billu and Gopi come together to solve a heinous crime, one that leaves all that they worked together for, to be questioned.

The track unfolds when the 1000th crime surfaces in the city of Rawanpur and a situation as puzzling as it can get, arises as Gopi slaps his sidekick, Billu.

Amidst the confusion and chaos of this crime, Gopi's slap on Billu's cheek echoes through the city. However, when Chandramukhi demands an answer from Gopi regarding his actions, a clueless Gopi stares back at her with disbelief. How and why would Gopi slap his only confidant and then refuse of any such thing having happened? As a curious Chandramukhi decides to solve this confusion, she stumbles upon evidences that open a gateway to solving the crime that is simultaneously occurring in the city. A fascinating piece of information that Chandramukhi uncovers in the meanwhile is that as this is her 1000th case, this is also the criminal's 1000th crime.

With fierce competition, a ticking clock and Gopi's loyalty at question, will Chandramukhi be able to solve her mega 1000th crime just in time?

Tune in to watch this 1000th blockbuster episode of FIR on 5th September 2013 at 10:30 pm only on SAB TV!

http://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/news-releases/16566-inspector-chandramukhi-chautala-on-her-quest-to-solve-her-1000th.htm

Minionite thumbnail

Kavita Kaushik shoots for a special song in Zanjeer

Summary: Kavita Kaushik who plays the spitfire Haryanvi cop Chandramukhi Chautala in SAB TV's FIR has taken a break to perform a Qawwalli in Apoorva Lakhia's Zanjeer. The song Shakila Bano is a tribute to the legendary Qawwalli performer Shakila Bano Bhopali. Kavita who shoots round-the-clock for her serial says she shot the Qawwalli between episodes. Kavita had no time to rehearse for the Qawwalli. "I was shooting for FIR during the day. I shot the Qawwalli during the night. But I had a blast." Kavita will be seen in a full-fledged role in a film called Democracy Pvt Ltd. "It's directed by the former CM Mr Devilal Chautala's grandson Anirudh Chautala. This is a political satire. Deepak Dobriyal is my co-star." Kavita says she enjoys her status on television. "I enjoy being a star on television. I don't intend to give up television for cinema. Television has given me everything."
Minionite thumbnail

FIR's "double trouble" in its 1000th episode

Summary: As informed earlier, FIR (Edit II Productions) on SAB TV complete their 1000 episodes tomorrow. As part of the celebrations, FIR will entertain its viewers with an exciting storyline where Chandramukhi Chautala (Kavita Kaushik) would be solving her 1000th case and it would also be the 1000th theft of the robber. Another interesting twist the show has added is that each of the characters- Chandramukhi Chautala, Gopinath Gandotra (Gopi Bhalla) and Bajrang Pandey (Sandeep Anand) playing a double role on the show. The episode will air tomorrow and it would be an interesting race between them as to who will find success in the chor-police game.
Minionite thumbnail

Only commercial film guarantees more exposure: Shiv Pandit

Actor Shiv Pandit, who turned to films with "Shaitan" after doing a successful TV show like "F.I.R.," says he became choosy after his first movie as he wanted to do a commercial film to reach a larger audience.

Friday, September 06, 2013   |  Copyright: IANS  |   0 Comments  |  92 Views

Actor shiv pandit

Actor Shiv Pandit, who turned to films with "Shaitan" after doing a successful TV show like "F.I.R.," says he became choosy after his first movie as he wanted to do a commercial film to reach a larger audience.

He will soon be seen in the "Boss" commercial masala entertainer.

"Post 'Shaitan', I became a little choosy. Very few people must have watched 'Shaitan', but what happens with a film like 'Boss', especially for a young actor like me.. I need to balance between commercial films and high-concept films," Shiv said here Thursday while promoting the film at a college.

Shiv believes it is only when you do a typical Bollywood potboiler that a larger audience opens up to an actor's work.

"It is important to do commercial films because otherwise however hard you work, it's of no use. 'Boss' is a kind of film which gives actors like me an opportunity to show their work to the public. After that, I can also do a high-concept film, that's not a problem," he said.

Directed by Anthony D'Souza, "Boss" stars Akshay Kumar in the lead, while Aditi Rao Hydari plays Shiv's love interest. The film hits theatres Oct 16.

http://www.india-forums.com/bollywood/hot-n-happening/36759-only-commercial-film-guarantees-more-exposure-shiv-pandit.htm

Minionite thumbnail
Vipul Roy to join Chandramukhi Chautala in FIR
Vipul Roy to join Chandramukhi Chautala in FIR

Telly show FIR will see actor Vipul Roy joining forces with Kavita Kaushik aka Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala, in her fight against crime in Rawanpur. Vipul, who is playing senior inspector Bhola Pandit, will perform some high-octane stunts as he gears up to tackle a case of harassment.

Bhola will see a girl being harassed by some goons on his very first day in Rawanpur. Refusing to be a mute witness, he will thrash the offenders and also console the sobbing girl. The police officer will also be seen urging the girl to fight back. But, Bhola's courageous act goes unnoticed as he gets slapped by Chandramukhi, who mistakes him to be the offender! Says Vipul, "I am glad that my opening sequence has lots of action and is about a serious issue. Women should be empowered and not subjected to harassment."

Watch FIR from Monday to Friday at 10.30pm on SAB TV.

Minionite thumbnail

Vipul Roy joins the cast of FIR!

Kavita Kaushik aka Chandramukhi Chautala gets a new company on FIR, as new actor Vipul Roy is slated to be the hero of the show. Vipul's entry will give the viewers a hearty dose of entertainment.

Friday, September 13, 2013 | 1:09:08 PM IST (+05:30 GMT)   |  Copyright: india-forums.com/tellybuzz  |   1 Comments  |  517 Views

FIR, one of the most popular shows of SAB TV has roped in Vipul Roy as the male lead. Having basked under the glory of a female protagonist, the show will now see the storyline get even more interesting as the duo join forces against crime.

Vipul Roy who was previously seen acting and anchoring a number of television shows, is all geared up to don the khaki and try his hand at light hearted comedy!

Essaying the role of Senior Inspector Bhola Pandit who has been transferred to the city of Rawanpur, Vipul will be seen portraying a character that leaves people stunned with his adarshon aur asoolon wala inspector Giri; he is someone who bluffs a lot but at the same time is extremely innocent and nice at  heart.

An excited Vipul stated, "I've been eagerly waiting for the right opportunity to try my hand at comedy and when an offer from FIR came knocking on my door, I simply couldn't resist! Everything about the show is a hit - the characters, the comic timing as well as the story line. In fact it is a hit with my own family! I am extremely proud to be associated with FIR; the show has garnered tremendous fan following and so has the cast and I'm extremely excited to start shooting with them." 

His entry in the show will see him being misunderstood as thug by Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala, only to later discover that he is a Senior Inspector appointed in her very own Imaan Chowki! With a series of hilarious sequences and twist & turns, Vipul's entry will give the viewers a hearty dose of  entertainment.

Tune into F.I.R to catch all the masti, mazaak and dhamaal from Monday to Friday at 10:30 pm only on  SAB TV!

https://www.india-forums.com/tellybuzz/news-releases/16719-vipul-roy-joins-the-cast-of-fir.htm

Minionite thumbnail

Chandramukhi Chautala gets a new lover in FIR

Summary: SAB TV's popular show FIR (Edit II Productions) has roped in Vipul Roy as the male lead. Having basked under the glory of a female protagonist, the show will now see the storyline get even more interesting as the duo join forces against crime. Vipul Roy who was previously seen acting and anchoring a number of television shows, is all geared up to don the khaki and try his hand at light hearted comedy. Essaying the role of Senior Inspector Bhola Pandit who has been transferred to the city of Rawanpur, Vipul will be seen portraying a character that leaves people stunned with his , adarshon aur asoolon wala inspectorgiri; he is someone who bluffs a lot but at the same time is extremely innocent and nice at heart. His entry in the show will see him being misunderstood as thug by Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala, only to later discover that he is a Senior Inspector appointed in her very own Imaan Chowki! With a series of hilarious sequences and twist & turns, Vipul's entry will give the viewers a hearty dose of entertainment! In the long run, Bhola Pandit will fall in love with Chandramukhi but it will be a one sided love affair from Bhola's side.
Minionite thumbnail

Wow comebacks!

These are actors who had tasted stardom and success but for some or the other reason chose to stay away from daily soaps in Television. Now back in the limelight they are once again a big hit amongst their fans!

Kavita Kaushik (comeback in F.I.R. on SAB TV) - 

She was the fire in F.I.R., however she got burnt out after seven years of doing the show and called it quits when the show took a 20 year leap. After a much needed and self-imposed break, Kavita was back on TV with another show on the same channel - Tota weds Maina. However, bad timings and low ratings meant that the show wrapped up in couple of months and she was back in F.I.R. manning the chowki as Inspector Chandramukhi Chautala yet again.