People still confuse me with KsG: Karan V Grover

Posted: 11 years ago
People still confuse me with Karan Singh Grover: Karan V Grover
People still confuse me with Karan Singh Grover: Karan V Grover
Karan V Grover, known for his chocolate boy good looks who once made headlines for his breakup with Delhi model and TV star Kavita Kaushik, seems to be in a happier space. He has recovered from his heartbreak and is set to tickle the audience pink in his latest telly outing, Hum Aapke Hai In-Laws. 

For someone who has spent a significant part of his television career doing hihg voltage daily soaps switching gear to comedy comes as a surprise. "I wanted to surprise my audience. For TV stars there aren't those many options available to showcase your versatility. Audiences have seen me in various daily soaps ' if I had signed up for another daily soap people would have been bored. Even I get bored doing the same stuff ' it's important to entertain yourself, because only then can you entertain others. It was important for the audiences to see a new, improved me," says Karan who like most of his counterparts feel "it's difficult to make everyone laugh."

Comedy shows have a devoted fan base and some professionals have spent many years perfecting the art of keeping the audience in splits. Karan says, "Comedy shows rule today because some show makers don't want to stress out the audience. As an actor I am actually taking a huge professional risk by doing a comedy show. I am doing something complete different. Doing a daily soap would have been treading safe ground for me' I've been doing that for years. I wanted to step out of my comfort zone."

Karan's sizzling screen chemistry with Suhasi Dhami was much loved by the audience. Does he hope to create the same magic with his co-star Pooja Pihal. "Comparisons are unfair. Pooja is a very cooperative and enthusiastic girl. We both take each others' suggestions and criticisms in a positive way, give us time, we'll give you some great screen chemisttry," shares Karan.

Today on screen saas-bahus are shown ito be sharing a light hearted and friendly relationship and aren't always the squabbling twosome. Karan feels that it is totally because of the change in the mindsets. "TV soaps are becoming less regressive over the years. Women are now getting liberated ' they are exploring other career options and are no longer just cooking and cleaning utensils. Men have also started fighting for women's rights.Every TV show will have a negative character because evil does exist in society, the way you weave your storyline is changing."

Karan who has an almost namesake in Karan Singh Grover, confesses that he has faced loads of embarrassing and funny moments because of that. "Several times I have been called for meetings and then people look at me and say 'it wasn't you we wanted to meet'. People still confuse me with the other Karan. Once I even got a notice from CINTAA (Cine & Artistes' Association) where and was asked to pay a huge fine ' I kept thinking what have I done? Later I found out it was someone else they wanted," he laughs and adds, "Karan Wahi and I have decided to open a gym where everyone who's called Karan will get free memberships."

In real life, Karan is known to be blatantly honest. "I land myself in trouble many times because I am too outspoken. But I can't talk positively about people all the time. I am not diplomatic enough. Actors are sensitive people, so we get upset more often than others would. Plus, we work very long hours which is physically tiring and saps our tolerance level. Misunderstandings take place, but I like to resolve differences and never let my ego come in between," he says.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/People-still-confuse-me-with-Karan-Singh-Grover-Karan-V-Grover/articleshow/18306275.cms
Edited by rubysk - 11 years ago
Thanks for sharing Ruby 😊 Why must they keep on telling about his break up as it has been 3 years now since they parted ways πŸ˜• and i don't get it why must there be a confusion between the 2 Karans when their middle alphabets are different one is a V and the other is a S πŸ˜†
Originally posted by karsuh

Thanks for sharing Ruby 😊Why must they keep on telling about his break up as it has been 3 years nowsince they parted ways πŸ˜•and i don't get itwhy must there be aconfusion between the 2 Karans when their middlealphabetsare different one is aV and the other is aS πŸ˜†

agree with u... y midia is still asking about his ex girlfriend... everyone has past... but one day everyone would accept present...
Yes Ruby that's the way it should be but the media is still reminding Karan of his past and that it so unfair like as though he is the only actor in the tv industry to have parted ways with his ex πŸ˜” And why must people always be confused between the 2 Karans till now like as though people can't find out properly before calling the Karan that they want to meet πŸ˜• poor guy i really feel bad for him and Karan V Grover has got his own identity and people must respect that no matter what 😊
Originally posted by karsuh

Yes Ruby that's the way it should be but the media is still reminding Karan of his past and that it so unfair like as though he is the only actor in the tv industry to have parted ways with his ex πŸ˜”And why must people always be confused between the 2 Karans till now like as though people can't find out properly before calling the Karan that they want to meet πŸ˜•poor guy i really feel bad for him and Karan V Grover has got his own identity and people must respect that no matter what 😊

yes agree with u karan has own identiry... karan v grover is most sucessful actor on tv... many actors r vanished... but karan is doing show as a lead since 9 yrs... thats make karan has own unique identity...
t4s ruby..well i cant believe dat people r still saying abt his past relationship with kavitha even dey brokeup 3 yrs bak..n der is nothin to get confused with ksg..its quite clear dat both d names r different n am nt likin people getting confused between both..my karan is d best n noone is like him..
Originally posted by anaghakaran

t4s ruby..well i cant believe dat people r still saying abt his past relationship with kavitha even dey brokeup 3 yrs bak..n der is nothin to get confused with ksg..its quite clear dat both d names r different n am nt likin people getting confused between both..my karan is d best n noone is like him..

yes our karan is d best...
Karan V Grover is such a wonderful and sweet guy πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ƒ
He is the best karan in television no doubt
He is the smartest Karan πŸ˜‰