tiara_magic thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

+~+ Discussion of the week +~+

Hey guys! I am here to discuss this week's discussion. There were many topics in my mind but I chose 'Death Panelty'. I am sorry that it is small.

----------------------

Death Penalty

It is said that life is given by God and no one has the right to take it away.
But people say that all criminals shoud be punished and put to death.

Lets see this from different Point Of Views.

If we see from the point of view of the people -
People think that they have done a sin. That is absolutely right. It is very necessary that they should be punished. If they are not punished what guarantee they will do something more bad. For example if a person kills some one and is left he might try to create more destruction like bomb blast and all. We know we have to stop it.

But is it right?

If we see from the point of view of God -
If I now decide to kill a person and shoot him there are two things that can happen :-
1) The person will get shot and will die.
2) I might miss my shot and that person will not die.
If I kill him I will think that God wanted him to die and I was just a source to prove it.
If he doesn't die I will think that it was not the will of God.

If we see from the point of view of Death -
No one has right on our lives nor they have any right which tell them when we will die or if we will live. If you have no right then for one sin it is not right to kill anyone. God forgives sins so we should also forgive them.

If we see from the point of view of give and take -
If I kill a person I have to give up my life because its like give and take. Like the Delhi rape case - As they raped her and killed her they have to die they will be not forgiven.

What Point Of View you think is right?

----------------------------------------

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Adry thumbnail
I'm stuck between POV of people and death...We have no right to take away someone else's life...or decide when is the right time for someone to die. 
However in very extreme cases, like that of terrorists, leaving them free is actually a threat to the society and they feel no remorse for what they do.

Radiance. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I go with God :D
I believe in God. If the person is worth a second chance, then God may give him that one.
But if there is still negativity in him/her, then without doubt, he/she should be killed.
If a person has the the right to ruin or even take away somebody's life we have the right to take away the person's life.

Nice topic, btw. And there's a spelling mistake in the title, its penatly. :D
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8

I believe in death penalty and capital punishment due to a single reason, 'for the greater good'... it is a situation where u take a decision whether u would prefer the good for one at the cost of so many or would u let one go for the betterment of so many others...

we r no gods to decide on the fates of anyone else, least of all another human being's.. But there comes times where humans will have to make this decision...

I believe in death penalty in only one instance...
Only for a perpetrator of rape... for the peace of mind of the victim, I support death penalty and the humans who make this decision...

nice discussion btw.. food for thought..:-)