FF: Jaane Doh Naa Th# 2 Ch 31 Pg 143 [Jun 10,'13]

Posted: 11 years ago

The content of this story belongs strictly to the author, -Archi-. Any unwarranted use/copy of it is not encouraged and is strictly prohibited.

Wow.
Thread two.

I'm seriously speechless, with all the love this FF got. THANK YOU! ๐Ÿค—To every single reader, who kept up will all my irregular updates and sometimes insanely long breaks. Its because of you that I still come back to write, even though my hands are full with uni!

Hope the story becomes even more enjoyable now! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Archi

~Index~

Chapters 1 - 18 - Thread 1  
Chapter 19 - Never Forgotten
Chapter 30 - Lost and Found
Chapter 31 - A Woman Scorned

Chapter 32+ - Thread 3

~PM List~

If you want a PM every time I update, then please add me as a buddy! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Note: As sad as it sounds, I am primarily a student and as such cannot update frequently. I try my best to post a chapter every week, but things happen (aka assignments/midterms/exams). So, please be prepared for long waits i.e. read at your risk! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Edited by -Archi- - 10 years ago

Comments Pg. 150 of Thread 1

Jaane Doh Naa
-CHAPTER NINETEEN-
Never Forgotten

"What is taking him so long?" Ayesha grumbled, drumming her fingers impatiently on the tabletop. "Its been over fifteen minutes!"

"Chillโ€ฆ I'm sure he is on his way."

"Why call the meeting if you are gonna be late? Does he seriously think we have nothing better to do other than wait for him?"

"We don't."

Ayesha glared at her best friend.

It was a bright sunny afternoon in Pune, and the two girls were invited to AR Designs for an important meeting by none other than Arnav's most trusted employee, Aman. While Ayesha definitely had inhibitions regarding what appeared to be a sudden role reversal, Khushi was more than happy to attend. It gave her a chance to check on her addiction.

"What?" Khushi asked defensively, when she caught the looks passed her way. "We really don't have anything else to do for the day!"

Fortunately, Ayesha's retort never made its way out of her mind, for the door to the meeting room suddenly opened to reveal Arnav.

"Where is Aman?" asked Ayesha instantly.

"He took a day off," Arnav replied calmly, taking a seat at table. "And I never thought you would actually care where Aman is."

Ayesha narrowed her eyes. "Don't even go there. Mr. Old-School-Aman is not my type."

"That's what they all say, but in the endโ€ฆ"

"Shut up!"

"I would have, only now I change my mind since you openly expressed your disappointment of having a meeting with me instead of the so called "Old-School-Aman"!"

"It wasn't disappointment! It was surprise."

"So you are not sad to know that I am running the meeting now?"

"That depends on how boring your meeting is!"

"I guess I lose thenโ€ฆ we are talking about advertisement today."

Ayesha let out a groan, causing Arnav to smile. He proceeded to set up the projector, completely oblivious to a watchful Khushi, who was more than satisfied to see the absence of the dark bags under his eyes.

"So, let's get started then?" he asked, once the powerpoint began running on the screen.

"One second," Ayesha replied, standing up. "I have to make a quick call. I will be back in two!"

And without waiting for a reply, she rushed out of the room.

"Unbelievable," Arnav muttered, shaking his head. "Why couldn't she make the call before I came here?"

Khushi suppressed a giggle, finding Arnav's shock at Ayesha's antics hilarious. Only, he seemed to have heard and caught her eye for a brief second.

And it was back. The wall of uncertainty and awkwardness was stretching out to cover the expanse of the room causing the two to look away, unsure of what to say.  Thankfully, Arnav's cell phone rang.

"Yes Di?" he answered on the first ring.

Khushi's eyes flickered to Arnav, her attention caught on the call.

"No, I didn't forgetโ€ฆ I will be there."

She watched him carefully run his hand through his hair, before heaving an exasperated sigh.

"Please Di," he said, shaking his head. "Save the lecture. I remember and I will be there the day after tomorrow. Now, I have to go. Take care!"

And the conversation ended, submerging the room once again into dead silence. Only this time, Khushi's mind was busy with new thoughts. Questions she couldn't believe she missed for this long.

How was the family she left behind?

The innocent Anjali, who immersed herself in prayersโ€ฆ how did she react upon finding out about her husband's betrayal? That is if she found out?

And Nani - the cool and composed, Devyani Singh Raizada; how did she react about her Chote's bride leaving the house only six months after the wedding? And for that matter, what about the rest of the members of Shantivaan? Her loving sister Payalโ€ฆ her shy Jeejaji Akashโ€ฆ the eccentric Manorama Mamiโ€ฆ and even the faithful servants, Om Prakash and Hari Prakash? What had happened to them all?

Khushi almost felt foolish for not remembering these questions earlier. It was almost a month since Arnav returned and yet she had no idea of storm that must have torn apart the family.

Deciding she wasn't going to commit the mistake twice, she cleared her throat. "Ummmโ€ฆ Arnavji?"

Arnav was almost startled to hear his name. "Huh?"

"Can I ask you something? Will you tell meโ€ฆ everything?"

"Ofcourse," he answered quickly. "What is it?"

"H-how is Di?"

Silence followed her question as Arnav averted his eyes. How was he supposed to explain the fate of his only sister, which to this day, not even heunderstood?

"What?" Khushi asked, fear gripping her heart at his lack of response.

"Sheโ€ฆ she isโ€ฆfine I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean she talksโ€ฆ sometimes laughsโ€ฆ sleepsโ€ฆ"

"Does she know aboutโ€ฆ"

"About Shyam?" he finished. "Yes, yes she does."

Khushi stared at Arnav, waiting for him to unfold the disaster that must have followed after that revelation, only he didn't elaborate. He continued to remain seated, his eyes trained on the floor.

"And?" she finally prompted.

"And what?"

"And how is she? Did she cry? Did she get angry? Did she accept it? What exactly happened?"

Arnav let out a sigh as the questions he knew were coming, tumbled out. There was no way he could escape now.

"She didn't cry," he began, thinking back to the days after Anjali's delivery. "She got angryโ€ฆ at me for ruining your life. I am assuming she accepted what happened, because she never brought up his name ever again."

"Soโ€ฆ she is okay now?"

Arnav looked up to meet her worrisome eyes. "Are you okay?" he asked. "Are you okay that I married you for six months because I believed you wanted to ruin my sister's life?"

Khushi pressed her lips in answer, as Ayesha's words vaguely echoed in her ears.

Will you ever be okay with the fact that he married you for six months, on a contract?

"I thought so," Arnav continued, when there was no response. "No one is ever okay with things like thatโ€ฆ they are wounds that never heal."

And that statement was enough to send Khushi flurrying down her own memories, her heart seizing up with grief at the dreadful life she was forced into, tainting the life of Anjali along the way.

"And the rest of the family?" she asked pushing the lump constricting her throat away. "What did they say?"

"What can they say?" Arnav countered, quietly snorting to himself. "Nani unofficially ordered everyone to keep even that man's name out of Shantivaanโ€ฆ Akash doesn't let Di out of his sightโ€ฆ there isn't a single moment Mami doesn't curse himโ€ฆ and Payal never gives up trying to make everyone forget."

"And you? What do you say?"

Arnav looked at the projector screen in answer.

"You want Di to move onโ€ฆ not hold on it and suffer, right?"

Arnav knew he shouldn't be surprised to hear her correctly answer his thoughts, and yet he was.

"Just once," he said. "I want her to just cry for once and complain about fate or beg God to fix it or be angry about why she had to be the oneโ€ฆ just let it out to someone, it doesn't have to be meโ€ฆ it could be a blank wall for that all that mattersโ€ฆ but just. Let. It. Out."

"Maybe she did," Khushi answered, feeling the torment etched in his eyes. "Maybe she did let it out to a blank wall and you just don't know."

"She didn't," he breathed. And when Khushi was about to argue, he added, "Because if she did, then I wouldn't see an empty body walking around. I would see my Di in it."

"Arna-"

"Sure she talks," he interrupted, knowing her reply. "She eats and sleepsโ€ฆ but it's just not the same. People who have seen as much as she has shouldnot be able to get up in the morning. It's not possible."

The room fell quiet once again as Khushi pondered over the new information. She understood only too well what Arnav meant; wasn't Ayesha just that until a few days ago? And even her for that matterโ€ฆ didn't she willingly let herself go empty for two years just to escape the hurt?

"And Shyam?"

Arnav watched her carefully, no doubt try to assess her emotions; he was sure Shyam was one name she couldn't tolerate to hear, forget discussing it.

"What happened to him?" Khushi asked, fidgeting with her hands to avoid meeting his eyes.

"He is in jail," he said coldly. "For the rest of his life. The least of what he deserves, but the most I could doโ€ฆ"

Khushi nodded, surprised that the answer didn't affect her. What happened to Shyam Manohar Jha was not her concern anymore.

"So are you going home then?" she asked, not wanting the wall to materialize once again.

Arnav's face suddenly split into a wide smile. "Yes," he replied. "Its Varun's birthday! Di thought I forgot, as if that's possible, but-"

He stopped mid-sentence, catching the look of confusion on her face. "What happened?"

"Who is Varun?"

"Ohhh! I forgot!" he exclaimed. "You don't know about Varun!"

When she continued to remain perplexed, he said, "Varun is my nephew."

Khushi's mouth dropped open. "N-nephewโ€ฆ meaning Diโ€ฆ"

"Delivered?" he finished, almost amused to see her shock. "Yesโ€ฆ he was premature, but everything turned out to be fine in the end."

"Oh my god," Khushi said, trying picture a little boy running aroundShantivaan. "Congratulations!! Tell Di that I am happy for her!"

Arnav nodded.

"I can't believe it," she continued. "A babyโ€ฆ everyone must be so happy! They have been waiting for him since god knows how long! And Di? She must have jumped up and down in jo-"

Khushi paused, appalled at the words that erupted unthinkingly out of her. She looked at Arnav in fear, and was surprised to find him very calm, not the least bit offended.

"It's alright," he assured. "I know you didn't mean to make fun of herโ€ฆ it's just an expression of speech."

Khushi breathed a sigh of relief, and mentally scolded herself for being insensitive.

"Besides," Arnav continued, talking more to himself than her. "There is no point defending her from such small things when I couldn't protect her from that man. The worst thing that could have ever happened!"

"That's cause it's impossible," Khushi replied instantly. "No one can protect someone like that. You said so yourselfโ€ฆ to Ayesha I mean."

Arnav took a moment to answer. "Maybeโ€ฆ but I wish I could just take an eraser and wipe it all out. That's the least I could do as her brother - give her a fresh start."

"And here we go again โ€“ you never stop and learn, do you?"

"Stop what?"

"Interfering in her life! Di's life is hers to decideโ€ฆ not yours. If she wants a fresh start, she will make one herself."

Arnav let out a frustrated sigh. "Gosh all you women are the sameโ€ฆ she told me the same thing, but why is it so difficult to understand that I just want to protect her? The world is not an easy place to live!"

"And that's what makes it life! You planning every single step of it is not going to make anything easier. You are just adding more problems!"

"How is trying to be helpful adding more problem? I am not her enemy okay?! I am not Shyam!"

"Yeah you are not Shyam," she fired. "But you were very close to being him. Sure you didn't control Di's life, but you controlled mine. You thought you had every right over me just like he thought he had over her. And look what happened? Both of us are lost, too damaged to make a fresh start!"

It wasn't an accusation, but Khushi knew Arnav took that way when his face suddenly darkened and his eyes once again flickered to the floor, clouded with thoughts.

"Look," she said, regretting her harsh tone. "I am just saying that Di's life is hersโ€ฆ you should just let it go."

"It doesn't matter," he said in a low voice. "If I let it go or not, because she won't let me near her anymore. And I just have to accept it."

Khushi sighed and decided not to press her point. This was definitely not the time to argue, especially since Ayesha was due any minute now.

"So," she said, diverting the topic. "How are you guys celebrating Varun's birthday?"

The smile was back, Khushi noted happily. It appeared that even the mention of Varun brought endless joy to Arnav.

"The usual," he answered. "A big party with all his friends, a.k.a the other kids at the park he goes to everyday!"

Khushi laughed. "Wowโ€ฆ seems like Varun is famous already!"

"Ofcourse! He is my nephew!"

Khushi couldn't help but roll her eyes. "And what about his birthday gift? What does his Mama plan to give him?"

Arnav grinned. "It's a secret!"

"Damn!" she answered, mock disappointment spreading across her face. "And here I was, up all night, trying to figure out what it is. Guess I will never know now!"

"Thats-" he stopped mid sentence as a new thought struck him. "You can still find out you know, if you come to the party."

Khushi's face fell. "Iโ€ฆ I'm not coming back there-"

"But you can visit right?" he asked hopefully. "Just come for Varun's birthday!"

"Iโ€ฆ look, it's really-"

"Please?"

Khushi didn't know what to say. While she definitely missed her family, she understood the consequences of going back. And that was something she wanted to avoid at all costs.

"I promise no one will ask you anything," Arnav said, not needing words to know her inhibitions. "They won't force you to stay back or talk to you about things you don't want to talk about..."

"And you think they will let me leave once the party is over?"

"I promise," he repeated. "No emotional blackmail. Just come for a dayโ€ฆ see your family, spend time with them. There is no way you did not miss them in the past two years."

The offer was very tempting and before she could stop to think twice, the answer slipped past her restraints.

"Fine," she answered. "I will come, but just for a day. Once the party is over, I'm coming back."

"Ofcourse! Thank you! I am sure Varun will be delighted to see you!"

Khushi snorted. "He is twoโ€ฆ there is no way he knows who I am."

"Oh, he does," Arnav answered. "He knows exactly who you are!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that he has been well trained to recognize his Mami anywhere!"

And without knowing why or how, the two burst into laughter, much to the bewilderment of Ayesha, who just entered the room.

I know, no fireworks. But hey, atleast they had a decent conversation! ๐Ÿ˜›

Looking forward to your awesome comments!

Archi
Edited by -Archi- - 11 years ago
yaay ! we reached a new destination ...๐Ÿ˜ƒ
heartiest congo. for the new thread !!๐Ÿ‘ 
oh and THE  UPDATE !!  so it was really nice enough to give us a  happy feel ...
Poor Arnav ! he really puzzled these days in understanding the creature called woman ! ( that sometime tougher than the rocket science !! ) 
so Khushi agreed to visit shantivan for Varun's birthday ... this made me excited like hell for the nxt update..
eagerly waiting for the nxt update.. cont. AsAp !
thnx 4 the pm ! 

TC !๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by say_cheese - 11 years ago
beautiful conversation between the two. Hopefully a fresh start. Wish you would update sooner.
That. Was. Awesome. As usual of course. Updates are so few and far between but I look forward to them so much!
Congrats on the new thread :)

I really like the update. Happy that Arnav & Khushi have come so far!

wow awesome update...love it...and congrats for the new thread..

way to go yar...
Congratzz for the new thread ! Lovely update
Loved the update dear!

I don't know what the others think but for me the decent conversation was more welcomed than fireworks.

Finally they were talking about the family!

may be anjali will cry out in front of khushi!

varun sounds adorable and hopefully he will recognize mami

ayesha and aman๐Ÿ˜†
congrats on the new thread continue soon