Apu's interview after ages !!!:)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
Being shy worked against me: Apurva AgnihotriBy Seema Sinha, TNN | Feb 6, 2013, 12.00 AM IST

Apurva Agnihotri on TV, films and the recent rave party controversy

He started off as a film actor, shifted to the small screen later. However, Apurva Agnihotri has a new goal in life now β€” to don the director's hat

So, you want to direct a film now?
Yes, creating stuff excites me more than working on somebody else's creation. I want to do things that I have control over. I want to make the kind of cinema I believe in and have started taking baby steps towards the goal. My father was a writer, so I guess it comes naturally. Even when I was doing Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, I would often go behind the camera.

Will you continue with television serials?
As of now, yes. But out-of-the-box stuff doesn't come your way in television. Also, after 20 episodes or so, the grind starts.

Though you started your film career with a bang β€” with Subhash Ghai's Pardes β€” it never really took off after that...
I was never media's blue-eyed boy. When Pardes happened, nobody was bothered about me. Everybody wrote about the girl ( Mahima Chaudhary), and Shah Rukh Khan. Only after the film released, people noticed that there was one more guy and I managed to grab some eyeballs. My second film, Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin (1999), again with Mahima, bombed. I believe that the movie flopped because of me. I think I was atrocious in that film, a total miscast. Also, being shy worked against me.

Is television as unpredictable as films?
It isn't, but we have been doing regressive stuff. Though these shows get good TRPs, being a part of them is not a good feeling. Aasman Se Aage was a different show, but I don't know what went wrong with it. Movie audience wants to see different films, but television audience is stuck in the 80's and 90's. It has become a pattern β€” we try to do things differently during the first 20 episodes and then return to saas-bahu flavour.

You were recently in the news following the rave party raid by cops.
It was just being at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was our misfortune. But my only grudge is that I was made the face of the party for no reason. My wife Shilpa (Saklani) and I were there only for 20 minutes. There were many celebrities, but only our names were splashed all over. It was a bit stressful.

But you guys were tested positive for drugs...
I have no explanation. There were about 91 people at the party and according to reports, 87 were tested positive. I have never seen something like this happen in my life. We have done no wrong. People will believe what they have to, but I am not going out to convince anybody.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Being-shy-worked-against-me-Apurva-Agnihotri
/articleshow/18349042.cms
Apu you look HOT !!! I love the smile !!!😳😳😳😳😳😳

I will come back later with my sweet comments !!!

BTW we need to see you back ASAP !!! 😳
thanks ShantiπŸ˜ƒ, long time since I typed on IF. Apu said he will continue doing serials for now so something is in the pipeline πŸ˜‰. I shall watch his movies too but first he needs to act more πŸ˜ƒ.
He looks nice in green 😊
Edited by rekha03 - 11 years ago
Apu I hope you continue to be on television, You have done some quality entertainment and continue to do so ... Aasman Se Aage was a very intelligent show and you have been an amazing character DC, What went wrong is not on the side of the production But the channels no room for creativity decision and yes these kinda shows will take ages for indian audience to absorb as they need to understand out of the box entertaiment and messages which are given... Just come back to entertain the audience you are always by your side waiting for you and ur dream of making films can take due course a long later
Looking forward to seeing the YES back on television soon 
Thanks shanti for sharing the articleEdited by sami01 - 11 years ago
aww such a sweet interview πŸ˜ƒ

hope to see him soon on small scree

n his words - they were only targeted when there are many celebrities in the party.

i agree, none of other names were taken n targeting only them is really very bad 🀒
Thank you  Shanti. Nice interview.  Hope too see him soon on TV again
Apu lovely interview, for me you are MVP of Television ...and MVA of Television, πŸ‘πŸ‘

This year marks 10 years of your amazing work on television, with interesting and articulated characters you played, so more to add to your kitty,

I need to see you back on television like DC and beyond.. ASA was FANTASTIC and the BEST show of the decade after years...

Its a show which gave a strong message which proved your versatility to a scaled perfection ...

Your film making dreams can be fulfilled LATER there is enough time for that and loads of your wrting, But right now you are needed on TV and THE YES better be soon, I need to watch something interesting and intelligent on TV which sources from you so your acting is very much needed for me to enjoy TV shows (Indian Dramas)
Hope some news is out soon on your taking a show and the character u play !!!
Posted: 10 years ago
hi i am new but i think it is high time apu should come back on tv i dont know why gud actors are not getting any chance and all stone faced one r who acts like superstars business magnets are ruling the tv but anyway i am happy that his jassi is coming in tamil so again i started watching that 
@princessglory Nice to see you around..
Apurva needs to get some cracking storyline and character to come back to televiision.. As much I have observed his work for a decade he has traveled through the characters which they are showing on Indian Television dramas..

There is nothing new and concrete which seems to be of quality so the wait is longer and Hope one day he comes back.. After playing a phenomenal character of DC in ASA he needs to break his own texture to see himself being able to challenge his skill ability in character mapping so I do respect him for that and hope he is back some day..
Yes enjoy JJKN in Tamil and SONY LIV has the repeats of JJKN hindi also.
awwwie loved apoorva's interview so much :)
he is such a cutie pie β€οΈ