Hongey Judaa Na Hum

HT[M]-Aamir exits two shows/enters one

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
  • 6 Feb 2013
  • Hindustan Times (Mumbai)
  • Kavita Awaasthi kavita.awaasthi@ hindustantimes. com

Aamir exits two shows, enters one

Even as the actor's track on both series comes to an end, actor insists it's mere coincidence

Alot is changing in Aamir Ali's career. While the actor has just quit two TV shows — FIR and Honge Juda Na Hum (HJNH) — he's signed up for a new one, Rajshri's Jhilmil Sitaaron Ka Angan Hoga (JSKAH).

Aamir Ali

Explaining that the simultaneous exits are a mere coincidence, the actor says, "HJNH was always supposed to be a cameo. It got extended and I stayed back for three months. Now since the show is taking a leap, my role will end. The send-off will be quite an impressive one."

As for Sab's FIR, Aamir says, "I enjoyed working on it. I had never done comedy, so it was a challenge for me. But now, the show is undergoing a makeover, which I don't want to reveal. It was mutually decided that I should take a break. It's good to be leaving on a high. I'm going to miss my friends in the unit."

But quitting two shows is not going to mean too much free time for the actor, because he will soon start shooting for JSKAH. "I started my career with Rajshri's Woh Rehnewali Mehlon Ki (WRMK), so I'm glad to be working with them again. My character in the new show is called Soumya, which was also my name in WRMK. He will have all the qualities of a typical Rajshri hero.

JSKAH, which has been on air for a year now, doesn't have impressive TRPs. Doesn't that bother him? "I gauge the popularity of the show by the way the audience reacts to me, not by TRPs. In JSKAH, I play a new character as the story is undergoing some changes. I'm not the kind to say that changes were made because of me, but I think the show will now reflect Rajshri's style a bit more, so it should do better."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SunshineGirl6 thumbnail
Good decision on his part !!
adithyan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2