Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nithya_IF thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Mahabharatham will be telecast every sunday at 10 AM starting from next sunday Feb 17th.

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Anyone following this serial? Possible to provide updates and discuss here? 
pattuppudavai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I watched the first episode. The Cg work is good.

These were shown:
Sage Vyasa writing the epic. 
Janamejayan's yaagam.
Santhanu, Ganga story.
pattuppudavai thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Episode 2    24th Feb

Ganga leaves Santhanu after handing over Devavrathan.

The story of 'Ashta VasukkaL' was outlined but was not told fully.

The palace settings were grand. 
But IMO it lacks contrast colours. 
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
The story thus far.

Bhishma (OAK Sundar - how wonderful to see him in a role like this; gambiram, well-built and well-costumed) goes to the swayamvara held at the Kashi palace and grabs the three daughters of the Kashi King - Amba, Ambiga and Ambalika for his sickly brother, Vichitravirya who has tuberculosis. (Bhishma is a confirmed bachelor)

Amba (Pooja/Prema) of Mundanai Mudichu) objects as she is already in love with another King. Bheeshma lets her go and takes her sisters to Hastinaputra and presents them to Satyavati (Sneha from Chellameh). They get married - Vichit and the two As.

Meanwhile Amba goes to her beau who rejects her because he was embarrassed that Bhishma defeated him and also he was scared that Bhishma would attack him. Rejected and spurned, Amba goes to her father, who also kicks her out. She is angry at Bhishma for her fate - which I think is stupid, as her anger should be at her boyfriend - and tries to get kings to attack Bhishma but no one dares. Finally she goes to Parasurama. The great sage, who is also Bhishma's guru, calls Bhishma to fight. They do, but Bhishma surrenders, saying that it is a heinous thing to fight his own guru. Seeing that, P refuses to fight B any more and informs Amba so. That woman is still furious and decides to meditate before Lord Shiva...

Vich dies but Satyavati does not want to make it public as she needs heirs to the kingdom. (Vich had died before he could do anything) She asks Bhishma to be intimate with both Ambiga and Ambalika ( 😲, wow what a MIL) so that she can get heirs,  but B refuses saying that he has taken a vow of celibacy and if Satya insists, he has no choice but kill himself. Satyavati remembers that she has an older son, Sage Vyasa (Poovilangu Mohan) and she begs him to do the dastardly deed with the two As. V obliges.

Ambiga, seeing the unkempt sight of Vyasa, closes her eyes in fear and because of that the prince born to her Dhritarashtra, the father of the Kauravas, was born blind. Ambalika turned pale at the sight of Vyasa, and hence her son, Pandu, the father of Pandavas was born as pale as an albino. Satya, when was told of the condition of her grandsons, begged V to do it again for the third time, but Ambiga, already scared witless by Vyasa (who could have done with a wash, a pair of scissors and a brush) sends a servant in her place. Vyasa does his duty, and Vidura is the son of the maid. He becomes clever, knowledgeable, cultured and acts as advisor to his brothers, but could never be the king because of his low birth.

Episode ends with Lord Shiva appearing before Amba...

I think this is a great serial. They have done justice to the epic and the costumes, the sets are all magnificent. I know there are quite a number of serial actors but I could recognise only a few. Best of all, it is not dubbed!!
Karthikka thumbnail
OK, these are the details of cast and crew.

STARCAST OF "MAHABHARATHAM"
CHARACTER                                                ARTIST
VYASA                                                           Poovilangu Mohan
BHEESHMA                                                  O.A.K. Sundar
SHANTANU                                                 Ilavarasan
SATYAVATHY                                           Devipriya
GANGA                                                         Rashmi
AMBAI                                                          Pooja Lokesh
DRAUPATHY                                              Ishwarya
JENAMEJAYAN                                       Manohar
KRISHNA                                                    Amit Bhargav (Introducing)
SHAGUNI                                                    Ramesh Pandey(Introducing)
AMBIKAI                                                    Archana Gaikwad(Introducing)
AMBALIKAI                                              Roopika(Introducing)
PARSURAMAR                                        Bharathkumar(Introducing)
VASHISHTAR                                           Gururaj(Introducing)

MAHABHARATHAM LIST OF TECHNICIANS
DIRECTOR : Suresh Krishna ("Director of "Basha")
PRODUCER : Sunil Mehta, Prem Kishen Malhothra
PRODUCTION HOUSE : Cinevistas Limited
MUSIC DIRECTOR : Deva
WRITER : Prapanchan
CINEMATOGRAPHER : Ganesh (Cameraman of all serials produced by Balaji Telefilms )
ART DIRECTOR : Magie ( Done some 60 films as Art Director )
COSTUME DESIGNER : Chandra Acharya.K, Murugan
MAKE UP MAN : Rajendran ( Personal makeup man of Actor Satyaraj )
2ND UNIT DIRECTOR : C. V. Sasikumar (Director "Sengottai" )

vidyasuresh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi karthika thanks 4r WU😊 its really very nice👏 pls continue to post WU every week bcoz sunday is working day for me😭 so pls..
Karthikka thumbnail
You are welcome, Vidya. I'll try. If not, I will watch online and post.
Karthikka thumbnail
I did not watch this Sunday but I will try and watch it online. Never mind if it is only just the two of us in this thread. 🤣