Limit on Number of Posts: ERROR

Posted: 11 years ago
I just wanted to inform the higher authorities about an error encountered by newbie/groupbies. Since there is a limited number of posts the newbies are allowed to make in a limited time span, sometimes the accounts show the same "POST LIMIT" alert even when not even a single comment has been posted since around 48 hours or so.

We actually have a separate account for managing an appreciation thread and whenever we try making a new post thru it, it shows "You're not allowed to post more than 40 posts a day from the same IP" when actually it has already been more than 24 hours. So is there some maintenance which is going on regarding this issue for which it shows an error? OR its still not known? We have been trying to make a new AT since past 48+ hours and today after around 3 days it has become possible THOUGH after only 7 comments, it still shows the same message.

Please guide us through the problem,
Regards,
Shivu and Tanzie😊
Hi hun,

Will pass this onto Vijay to address. 

Till then, we hope to have your patience.

Best Regards,

S/C Team
Thank u Radha di!πŸ€—
Ohh ya! Absolutely patient!
Thank u!
I've been wanting to ask the same. It happens to me too. 

Especially since both me and my sister have same IP address. [living in same houses] And she posts less than I do. Since I usually have around 100 or so posts each day, she cannot post and it becomes a problem. 

Hope a solution can be brought around =)
Posted: 10 years ago
Hey all,
i'm a groupbie... 
so, i know that i'm allowed to post only 20 posts per day... πŸ˜”

Yesterday, i completed my 20 posts by about 5'O clock 
( i started posting @ 1'O clock)

So, after 24 hrs i.e. by 1'O clock today, 
i should be able to post 20 posts ri8??
but after 5 or 6 posts, it says i can't post more than 20 posts... 
as i hv made only 6 posts, i should be left with 14 posts ri8??

Hope the modz take necesary steps soon... πŸ˜•
@arshi4evr16: I can help you with your problem. How it works is that whenever you made your first post, you have 24 hours after that to make your 21st post. Then whenever you make your second post, you have 24 hours after that to make your 22nd post. And so on. An example is like this:

If you make your first post on Tuesday at 1PM, you have to wait until Wednesday 1PM to make your 21st post. That is the 1st post after your 20 are done for the day. Then if you make your second post (out of 20) on Tuesday at 2PM, you have to wait until Wednesday at 2PM to make the 22nd post. And so on.

Hope that makes sense...
Originally posted by *Khushii*

I've been wanting to ask the same. It happens to me too. 

Especially since both me and my sister have same IP address. [living in same houses] And she posts less than I do. Since I usually have around 100 or so posts each day, she cannot post and it becomes a problem. 

Hope a solution can be brought around =)

Khushi I think that the limit is set on the IP address and not the user. This way if a person tries to avoid this limit by making a new account and continuing through there they can't. And that's why if you make your 100 or so posts first, your sister's account ends up getting blocked because basically the IP address reached it's limit.
Originally posted by KS_Shreya

@arshi4evr16: I can help you with your problem. How it works is that whenever you made your first post, you have 24 hours after that to make your 21st post. Then whenever you make your second post, you have 24 hours after that to make your 22nd post. And so on. An example is like this:

If you make your first post on Tuesday at 1PM, you have to wait until Wednesday 1PM to make your 21st post. That is the 1st post after your 20 are done for the day. Then if you make your second post (out of 20) on Tuesday at 2PM, you have to wait until Wednesday at 2PM to make the 22nd post. And so on.

Hope that makes sense...
Ok I get it shreya.Thanks for explaining . 
Originally posted by KS_Shreya

Hope that makes sense...

oh !! so that's how it works !!! πŸ€“
thanks a ton shreya !!! πŸ‘πŸΌ
n special thanks to tanu *najmeen* (sry dr )for helping me out evrytime !!!  πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
luv you buddy !!! πŸ€—
Edited by arshi4evr16 - 10 years ago