Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
^ Agree with all points mentioned by both, Soapie and Riyya !
Surefire27 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I don't believe it had anything to do with Marathi diagules or anything like that. I am an NRI and hardly understand any indian languages yet I watch all kids of shows. 
The story was just weak! The title (khamoshiyan) and the actual story which turned out to be intense family drama with ranjeeti and all.. Didn't match! I mean where was khamoshiyan in all this?  Lost interest by 3rd week I think. 
Swathi-Red thumbnail
I honestly believe that the marathi background did the maximum damage for the show. marathi culture is very much alien to  north india. Names like shinde bhosale appa sahib akka ajji sunbhai etc and even  the wedding attire of gauri everything  was so hardcore marashtrian i don't think it would have clicked with the viewers in the north. Non indians and NRI's   who watch this show probably would not mind the culture but viewers in North india would definately mind. Like someone mentioned if it was even MP it would have raked decent TRP's . i feel bad cause  even on it's worst day khamoshiyan is way better than so many other shows on starplus.
-Saba- thumbnail
first of all they mislead people with fake promos.
They Showed Gauri to be kidnapped but actually they stupid forget to show her .
she was not kidnapped infact she herself came to put her nose into the matter.

krystel21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
I never commented in this forum, but I eagerly awaited the release of Khamoshiyan from the day it was announced, but my hopes were dashed miserably within a month of the show, which is why I gave up on it. Allow me to pen down my thoughts, if you may. 

The show begin with extensive promotions of a missing Gauri Bhosle, who had come to India to find her family and mysteriously disappears. The promo also featured her father and fiance asking her to come back through telephonic appeals. While the show did open with the news-flash thing, it was quite disheartening to see how did the crux of the story disappear within a month of the show, and this was when the TRPs weren't being calculated! 

Khamoshiyan is one show that began with a bang, and is leaving with a hoot. I am honestly sorry for the way the show turned out. All the best to the cast and crew and PH. 
SStephy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I don't think the Maharashtrian background had anything to do with the show's less TRPs. True... many north viewers may not immediately be able to relate to all the Maharashtrian-based things but if the story had been engaging, then viewers would get used to it. But the main problem was that although the story seemed promising in the beginning, it lost focus very soon and at one point just some unwanted kitchen poiltics was going on... all the characters esp Sid and Garv were not used properly...
svmi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The show bombed not because of Cultural representation but due to poor story, poor screenplay, poor writing. The show was plain boring.