Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Mili27

Ditto thoughts.  SP considers love-hate marriages to be their winning formula and I think it was  Sai's insistence on having that god forsaken  love triangle  that irked SP no end. One of the lowest points of Silences was when they made Sid return from nowhere to save Prateeksha.  It was an unintentionally hilarious episode.

For me the takeaway from Silences is how pretty Mrunal is. Most newcomers these days don't make you say that. Manit has oodles of S.A and is neither namby pamby or a Johnny Bravo clone ( these two descriptions cover the entire gamut of male fraternity in telly world today). SP should bring him back, may be in post leap Veera. He will suit that set up to the T.  Alpha male and all that.

The B family is being intelligent. Giving space to that young couple and respite to us.

agree mili it should have been garv saving prateeksha n not Sid 
soapie thumbnail

@Mili, firstly, I will reply to your PM asap! In between making Ghobhi ki sabzi and surfing on the net!πŸ˜† I wish I could be like the serial bahu's who can manage to look pretty all day and yet accomplish all tasks effortlessly!πŸ˜† 

Coming to your post, I think the PH (in particular Sai and her husband Shakti) was stuck between their committment to Mohit (who is their friend, which explains why he would take up such a deadly dull role) and what SP wanted them to do! And for some reason, the PH was very sure that they would get their way with SP, which obviously has now been proven wrong!

The chemistry between Manit and Mrunal was evident from their very first scene together...I cannot imagine, why they did not cash upon it?πŸ˜• And instead, kept trying to force Sid and Gauri on the viewers, when it was apparent that they just did not click!

One of the reasons might be Mohit's dissatisfaction with the role and he would have given an ultimatum...either make him the main lead and give him a stronger role or let him go...I think SP put pressure on PH and they let Mohit go and tried to focus on GG (which is what SP wanted them to do, I am assuming), but it was probably too late by then!

@Riya...I agree, that although damn cute, GG scenes do look forced, because both Garv and Gauri are behaving completely out of character!πŸ˜• The scenes they are showing today should have ideally been shown 2-3 months from now, when there would have been a gradual thawing of relationship between the two of them! But I still liked the scenes, because I feel that Manit and Mrunal have a natural chemistry and no matter how convulted the story might be, they still click in some way!

@Mili...Mrunal does have a very unusual face...she is pretty without the general vapidness that other SP girls have...she looks vivacious and alive! 😊 She looked adorable in the pink saree yesterday!

Manit is just...oh, words fail me here!πŸ˜³πŸ˜† I hope to god someone from a good production house notices him and gives him a role that he deserves...he would make an excellent anti-hero!

Am pretty sure we will see him shortly on SP again...they have a record of giving second chances to most of the actors who have worked on the channel! And the second outing is always lucky for the actor in question!πŸ‘πŸΌ

PS : I think Manit would look fabulous in the role of a politician...he just has that look for it! Something like Arjun Rampal's role in Raajneeti!
Edited by soapie - 11 years ago
riyya6 thumbnail
The best scene of GG in my view was the one garv twisted gauris hand... That was πŸ˜³ N both were in  character😳 that scene was wow but the scenes we r getting now is ...πŸ˜†πŸ˜­

Soapie I really dunno what to say abt sai n star plus... But one thing very sure a good show turned something like this ... Soapie earlier in fact was one post abt GG linking ... Some sort of insider information of silence...  So GG was meant to be linked but unfortunate it became so late when things are turned out of control already😭... The only thing I cannot digest the way the mke are n gauri now... Sp pati suffers after some time after marriage but garv vice versa... He's suffering for the show ending...

If there is a chance I would like to see manit in anti hero role... He will nail it... Marunal can be paired with him... Sp give them second chance πŸ˜†

Edited by riyya6 - 11 years ago
soapie thumbnail
Originally posted by: riyya6

The best scene of GG in my view was the one garv twisted gauris hand... That was πŸ˜³ N both were in  character😳 that scene was wow but the scenes we r getting now is ...πŸ˜†πŸ˜­

All the earlier scenes of GG, upto the post-wedding scene in the bedroom were excellent...they started becoming OTT  after the news of Silences getting chopped came out! I think even the PH had no idea that SP would axe their showπŸ˜†

Their very first meeting where Garv moves Gauri and her cousin's jeep from the mud and returns the money that she gives him and takes her scarf was amazing! I was hoping that Garv would be the main lead of the show from that very scene, but then the forum was full of crazy Mohit fans who kept abusing poor Manit and made fun of all those who praised him!😑
riyya6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: soapie

All the earlier scenes of GG, upto the post-wedding scene in the bedroom were excellent...they started becoming OTT  after the news of Silences getting chopped came out! I think even the PH had no idea that SP would axe their showπŸ˜†

Their very first meeting where Garv moves Gauri and her cousin's jeep from the mud and returns the money that she gives him and takes her scarf was amazing! I was hoping that Garv would be the main lead of the show from that very scene, but then the forum was full of crazy Mohit fans who kept abusing poor Manit and made fun of all those who praised him!😑

oh yeah that jeep scene was good... 2... πŸ˜³ ... I guess sp played the game well... Soapie  why did not sp change the production hse instead of scrapping it... If sp feels the show has potentialEdited by riyya6 - 11 years ago
Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Sorry soapie... I think they are just destroying the chemistry between GG with the scees rush towards the ending... Am I the only one did not enjoy GG scenes... It look so forced n not natural... I cannot digest a girl was forced for marriage now acting like nothing happen... GG have chemistry I dun deny that but using it like this I'm sorry to say  It's bad... Mayb some might ask why at least we are getting some scenes but if this kind of scenes is shown with no passion n executed well well, it's running the whole thing...  If I really want such a half baked scenes of couples, sorry to say there are many out there in the channel itself or other channel... I'm sad on how silence has become n GG itself  Gauri looks so uncomfortable with  sareeπŸ˜• 

The Cvs should be sorry. They ruined everything for themselves. I always felt it is impractical not to listen to the channel's suggestions. The channel has to be kept happy. The twisting of hand scene was very intense. It showed that both these people are fiery and headstrong but our bad luck that the Cvs got their brains twisted instead. 

It was till the GG SR scene that one felt the show has potential but after the closure decision, I won't blame anyone. There can't be any logic and we should not even look for on. I put my TV set on mute and read while the rest of the clan yap and animate it only when GG are on screen. I don't even feel like criticizing. It will be crying over spilt milk.

How will the SR happen? If I was the CV, I would have made both of them drunk due to some mischief by Phooey or whatever her name is, and that's it.πŸ˜†

soapie thumbnail

oh yeah that jeep scene was good... 2... πŸ˜³ ... I guess sp played the game well... Soapie  why did not sp change the production hse instead of scrapping it... If sp feels the show has potential

Riya, a channel cannot change the production house...the Ph is the one who has all the contracts with the actors ect...they produce a serial and then sell it to the channel...if the channel axes a production house, the serial also goes away with it!

The best a channel can do is buy the rights of the show and then give it to some other production house and get it remade or use the actors in some other show that they air!

SP tried to do the same with IPKKND...they tried to buy the rights of the show from the production house, but four lions refused to part away with the same! I think SP wanted to continue the show without Barun, but the production house did not allow the same!

Mili27 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Since I am dead sure that I won't be lynched in your thread, I will say it. I will not deny that MS may have his own charm but I felt that the fans were thrusting greatness upon him. It has become a trend to attach so much baggage to an actor that in the long term it becomes a liability for the channel as well as the PH. Contrary to the fans intentions, they themselves become roadblocks to an actor's growth. He or she may become inflated with his or her own sense of self importance and believe me, this is truly dangerous as the telly world is teeming with actors wanting to step in and at a lesser price. 
soapie thumbnail

Since I am dead sure that I won't be lynched in your thread, I will say it. I will not deny that MS may have his own charm but I felt that the fans were thrusting greatness upon him. It has become a trend to attach so much baggage to an actor that in the long term it becomes a liability for the channel as well as the PH. Contrary to the fans intentions, they themselves become roadblocks to an actor's growth. He or she may become inflated with his or her own sense of self importance and believe me, this is truly dangerous as the telly world is teeming with actors wanting to step in and at a lesser price. 

I don't think I could agree with you more, even if I tried!πŸ˜†

MS came with too much baggage for a role that could have been done by the boy who plays the bespectacled Aditya in Silences! It was a hopelessly sedate and weak role...which makes me wonder, what on earth convinced MS to take up that role! πŸ˜•

All his crack-pot fans on this forum kept insisting that the PH had 'duped' their poor darling...but I am sure Mohit was wise enough to know what he was getting into! The PH could not have promised him the role of Garv and then when he showed up on the sets, given him the role of Sid, isn't it?πŸ˜• Its just as much his fault to take up a weak role like that of Sid as much as it is of the PH to rope in a popular face to enact a sidey character role, that any tom, dick and harry could have done in their sleep.

MS possibly imagined that whatever the scope of the role was, he will win over the audience on the basis of his erstwhile popularity...but the fact its that the viewers connect more with the character portarayed by the actor rahter than with the actor themselves!

The actor becomes popular only after the character has made a place in the audience heart!

Any wonder, Manit, despite being virtually unknown became more popular as Garv in such a short span of time?

I am sure, had there been any other actor apart from Mohit doing the role of Siddharth...the audience would have been rooting for Garv-Gauri from the very beginning...but by taking on Mohit, the production house made a fatal mistake...they tried to rake in the numbers by adding a popular face to their show, but completely failed to make him live up the audience expectations!

In that way, I will say that yes, the PH did cheat on Mohit and on the other actors in the show too...they took him only to ensure good opening numbers for the show, instead of relying on the quality of their overall product and the other actors in the show!

With the exception of Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy, there has hardly been any other actor who has been able to repeat their original successes (to the same degree) in later shows! Television that way completely limits its actors...because you do the same thing over and over again for 2-3 years, you become so stereotyped in certain roles, that its almost impossible to try and break the mould!

Look at Aamna Shariff...she made history as Kashish in Kahin Toh Hoga and her latest venture on Sony TV is at the bottom of the TRP charts! Even Smirti Irani, who played an iconic character could not repeat her success in later serials and just gave up! Shweta Tiwari who was immensely popular has also been trying to find a foothold for a long time, without success!

Only lately, the likes of Dhasthi Dhami and Sanaya Irani have been able to repeat their earlier success for the second time.
Edited by soapie - 11 years ago
riyya6 thumbnail

The Cvs should be sorry. They ruined everything for themselves. I always felt it is impractical not to listen to the channel's suggestions. The channel has to be kept happy. The twisting of hand scene was very intense. It showed that both these people are fiery and headstrong but our bad luck that the Cvs got their brains twisted instead. 

It was till the GG SR scene that one felt the show has potential but after the closure decision, I won't blame anyone. There can't be any logic and we should not even look for on. I put my TV set on mute and read while the rest of the clan yap and animate it only when GG are on screen. I don't even feel like criticizing. It will be crying over spilt milk.

How will the SR happen? If I was the CV, I would have made both of them drunk due to some mischief by Phooey or whatever her name is, and that's it.πŸ˜†

mili drunkπŸ˜† true if they show planned sr, it's gonna be hard to even digest πŸ˜† I mayb be wrong but I guess we will get maha sr on maha epi πŸ˜† But it's gonna be funny  πŸ˜†