Mujhse Kuchh Kehti...Yeh Khamoshiyaan

Extremely Enjoyable Episode Today - Full of GG! - Page 4

riyya6 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
This content was originally posted by: soapie

I don't think I could agree with you more, even if I tried!😆

MS came with too much baggage for a role that could have been done by the boy who plays the bespectacled Aditya in Silences! It was a hopelessly sedate and weak role...which makes me wonder, what on earth convinced MS to take up that role! 😕

All his crack-pot fans on this forum kept insisting that the PH had 'duped' their poor darling...but I am sure Mohit was wise enough to know what he was getting into! The PH could not have promised him the role of Garv and then when he showed up on the sets, given him the role of Sid, isn't it?😕 Its just as much his fault to take up a weak role like that of Sid as much as it is of the PH to rope in a popular face to enact a sidey character role, that any tom, dick and harry could have done in their sleep.

MS possibly imagined that whatever the scope of the role was, he will win over the audience on the basis of his erstwhile popularity...but the fact its that the viewers connect more with the character portarayed by the actor rahter than with the actor themselves!

The actor becomes popular only after the character has made a place in the audience heart!

Any wonder, Manit, despite being virtually unknown became more popular as Garv in such a short span of time?

I am sure, had there been any other actor apart from Mohit doing the role of Siddharth...the audience would have been rooting for Garv-Gauri from the very beginning...but by taking on Mohit, the production house made a fatal mistake...they tried to rake in the numbers by adding a popular face to their show, but completely failed to make him live up the audience expectations!

In that way, I will say that yes, the PH did cheat on Mohit and on the other actors in the show too...they took him only to ensure good opening numbers for the show, instead of relying on the quality of their overall product and the other actors in the show!

With the exception of Ram Kapoor and Ronit Roy, there has hardly been any other actor who has been able to repeat their original successes (to the same degree) in later shows! Television that way completely limits its actors...because you do the same thing over and over again for 2-3 years, you become so stereotyped in certain roles, that its almost impossible to try and break the mould!

Look at Aamna Shariff...she made history as Kashish in Kahin Toh Hoga and her latest venture on Sony TV is at the bottom of the TRP charts! Even Smirti Irani, who played an iconic character could not repeat her success in later serials and just gave up! Shweta Tiwari who was immensely popular has also been trying to find a foothold for a long time, without success!

Only lately, the likes of Dhasthi Dhami and Sanaya Irani have been able to repeat their earlier success for the second time.

I beg to differ that using a popular actor can make opening no... U can put Tom dick n Harry but if u dun have good story how will the numbers come ... 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
sucess of every show depends on a gloden rule that is right story meets right cast.
which ever sucess stories we had follwed this rule
before ippkd barun was only average actor unlike sanya who had hit behind her. many people wondered how this story going to work between this two. but it worked like a madness. rest is history.
it is not reapting sucess but choosing right story.like raam kapor and ronit roy did.
some characters written for some actors only. it destiney.
here khamosiyaan was not a love story
it was suspense revenge saga.
love was side tracked. ph failed to understand love work like magic example ippkd geet etc
i agree sid was not well suited for mohit.
but garv for manit worked well. instead for cashing on mohit's popularty they should have given a proper love story from begining.along with revenge
rubysk thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: whitewitch

sucess of every show depends on a gloden rule that is right story meets right cast.
which ever sucess stories we had follwed this rule
before ippkd barun was only average actor unlike sanya who had hit behind her. many people wondered how this story going to work between this two. but it worked like a madness. rest is history.
it is not reapting sucess but choosing right story.like raam kapor and ronit roy did.
some characters written for some actors only. it destiney.
here khamosiyaan was not a love story
it was suspense revenge saga.
love was side tracked. ph failed to understand love work like magic example ippkd geet etc
i agree sid was not well suited for mohit.
but garv for manit worked well. instead for cashing on mohit's popularty they should have given a proper love story from begining.along with revenge

well said.. Cv's never work on.. D character of sid ... They r only focused app & asawari... Now all shows r gone frm their hand now they r working gg love story... Cv's fault to this shows failure...
whitewitch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
too late as show goes off air. still happy for gg
i loved the episode just becauzz ooof GG